The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

17 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Have you heard about the 200 million dollar pizza order?

Is it that high now?   At least the guy seems to be taking it in stride.

For those who aren't sure what we're talking about:

https://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoin-pizza-day-celebrating-20-million-pizza-order/

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 1:35 PM, UnkNuk said:

That's got to sting.

You could be a very rich man now.

But I guess most of us have some sort of story like that.   I was thinking of investing in Starbucks back in the early nineties but changed my mind.    :sadno:

I can one up you one that.. .not me personally though. It happened to a friend of a friend of mine. In the late 80's, his friend had approached him with a business offer.. A small group of investors were gathering to invest in a Seattle coffee shop that was looking to expand into Vancouver, he was offered a seat at the table to invest into the company to aid in the Vancouver expansion and beyond, he declined. I forget the exact percentage he was oeffered, but I want to say it was in the 5% range.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Have you heard about the 200 million dollar pizza order?

No.. do tell. --- just saw the post above. Crazy story. That guys is taking it in stride but I'm sure he is sitting on a few coins himself.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

36 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I can one up you one that.. .not me personally though. It happened to a friend of a friend of mine. In the late 80's, his friend had approached him with a business offer.. A small group of investors were gathering to invest in a Seattle coffee shop that was looking to expand into Vancouver, he was offered a seat at the table to invest into the company to aid in the Vancouver expansion and beyond, he declined. I forget the exact percentage he was oeffered, but I want to say it was in the 5% range.

And they wonder why people talk to themselves.

36 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

No.. do tell. --- just saw the post above. Crazy story. That guys is taking it in stride but I'm sure he is sitting on a few coins himself.

You know, I had never thought of that, but you're probably right!      ::D

3 minutes ago, Muscatel Marauder said:

I was going to buy gold when it was like $26 @ ounce. I asked my broker about it. He said it will never go up. At that time you could buy a $100,000 worth of gold through the bank of Nova Scotia for $3,000 down and $50 @ month of maintenance fee. They keep the gold in storage, but it was yours. Good call As.h.le.

None of this makes any sense.

There's no way you're talking about physical gold. The last time gold was $26/oz was 1932. What you're describing sounds more like a futures contract. No broker/bank is going to let you buy on 3% margin without charging you hefty margin fees. That's just not how brokerage firms and banking works.

Are there more details to this?

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

PSAC warrants.

Look in to it

Faraday Future has hit some speed bumps — including falling behind on millions of dollars in escrow payments meant to cover costs for the plant.

Faraday Future founder files for bankruptcy to repay personal debts.

All they are going to do with the SPAC money is paydown debt so they can rack it up again and file for bankruptcy while paying themselves huge salaries.

22 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Reading the IP and i can't seem to understand how they are making the same money this year then they did last year. I get Covid but considering the growth projections and the industry need why haven't they grown ?

image.png.bdb9346b6efcbdf7e4b56e73fb501253.png

8 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Faraday Future has hit some speed bumps — including falling behind on millions of dollars in escrow payments meant to cover costs for the plant.

Faraday Future founder files for bankruptcy to repay personal debts.

All they are going to do with the SPAC money is paydown debt so they can rack it up again and file for bankruptcy while paying themselves huge salaries.

well whatever they're doing I don't care because I already set my order to sell at 202% return at about 4:30 this morning.

In and out they say right?

ZOM is killing it for me in the pre market as well.  Might hit my trigger to sell.

I can see why they say people get slaughtered or make out like bandits in the pre-market because wow you have to be fast

Edited by Warhippy

9 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Reading the IP and i can't seem to understand how they are making the same money this year then they did last year. I get Covid but considering the growth projections and the industry need why haven't they grown ?

image.png.bdb9346b6efcbdf7e4b56e73fb501253.png

Not sure, but I did see they have a backlog of ~2 billion of orders in some capacity, likely needing the capital raised from the SPAC to execute

13 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

None of this makes any sense.

There's no way you're talking about physical gold. The last time gold was $26/oz was 1932. What you're describing sounds more like a futures contract. No broker/bank is going to let you buy on 3% margin without charging you hefty margin fees. That's just not how brokerage firms and banking works.

Are there more details to this?

Sorry got the price wrong. 

August 15, 1971

The government held the $35 per ounce price until August 15, 1971, when President Richard Nixon announced that the United States would no longer convert dollars to gold at a fixed value, thus completely abandoning the gold standard. At that time, banks had to hold a certain amount of gold in reserve. If you had the $100,000, you could get it delivered as well. You went thru the bank, not a broker. 
Edited by Muscatel Marauder

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

CCIV :o

From initial reports of them buying Direct TV.... to now on talk with Lucid Motors... 

Lucid Motors delays launch of production Air electric car, timeline for  production at risk - Electrek

30 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Who got into CCIV today? Going to be having Lucid dreams tonightB)

Yessir... Grabbed a quick 1000 shares at $12.69... Bloomberg is right around 95% of the time...

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Lucid Motors delays launch of production Air electric car, timeline for  production at risk - Electrek

Yessir... Grabbed a quick 1000 shares at $12.69... Bloomberg is right around 95% of the time...

41 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Who got into CCIV today? Going to be having Lucid dreams tonightB)

I'm just a bit disappointed in myself that I sold half my position on Thursday.... :sadno:

Good God anybody see SIGL today? Ever since Elon tweeted about leaving whatsapp for Signal, people been buying it up. If my math is correct, you could have bought it 6 trading days ago for .50C at a market cap of 45M. Today it closed at $3.6B, and peaked at almost $7B. And its not even the proper company for the Signal app! Lol. Just incredible...