The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

13 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

As suspected Woods bought 2,767,000 PLTR today. My guess is right at the open to ramp the price and mark her positions higher. Also 459,000 DKNG same sh*t.

Why she keeps publishing a daily recount of all her activity is truly mind boggling.

Arrogance/attention. I grew tired of Wood's constant tweeting, monthly/weekly ARKK webinars, showing up on podcasts, etc. Seemed more interested in marketing herself than focusing on the market. 

Planning to buy a house in the next two months, so I spent most of yesterday and today accepting some losses. Inflation scaring me. 

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Buddy told me how to do it, I really need to try and cash in on these $&!#coins lol :P

My brother explained it to me. I'm impressed with how much he knows about this. Anyway, you can do it through Binance and you don't require a wallet. It can simply withdraw $15 from your bank account for example, and you can buy any alternate coin directly. He bought approximately 557,000 coins for $15 :lol:

• Haha 1

Hey guys, we run a discord teaching people all the basics they need to know about crypto.  We have moderators online from 9am-9pm to help and answer any questions. Also provide a list of coins that will be most valuable after regulations. Once Regs come in most coins will be gone, including people’s money. It’s a one time fee of $10 and you have access forever. Crypto is deff the way of the future. 

https://launchpass.com/crypto/chat

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Arrogance/attention. I grew tired of Wood's constant tweeting, monthly/weekly ARKK webinars, showing up on podcasts, etc. Seemed more interested in marketing herself than focusing on the market. 

Planning to buy a house in the next two months, so I spent most of yesterday and today accepting some losses. Inflation scaring me. 

She does seem to be a tireless self promoter. The inflation readings today were way higher than expected.

21 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Hey guys, we run a discord teaching people all the basics they need to know about crypto.  We have moderators online from 9am-9pm to help and answer any questions. Also provide a list of coins that will be most valuable after regulations. Once Regs come in most coins will be gone, including people’s money. It’s a one time fee of $10 and you have access forever. Crypto is deff the way of the future. 

https://launchpass.com/crypto/chat

If this isn't a sign of the top I don't know what is.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

She does seem to be a tireless self promoter. The inflation readings today were way higher than expected.

This cycle hasn't gotten nearly as much media coverage as the last one but we're definitely seeing a lot of delusion lol. (Although google trends and App Store downloads do suggest a top)

Based on previous cycles, which are also increasing in length, many have predicted this to run until fall/winter. However, with increasing fear around  inflation, you might see insitutions push this bull run longer then expected. 

Edited by themcdeal

37 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

This cycle hasn't gotten nearly as much media coverage as the last one but we're definitely seeing a lot of delusion lol. (Although google trends and App Store downloads do suggest a top)

Based on previous cycles, which are also increasing in length, many have predicted this to run until fall/winter. However, with increasing fear around  inflation, you might see insitutions push this bull run longer then expected. 

I'm not sure I agree with this, media attention has been huge. Global News, the most basic of basic news, did about 5 stories about DOGE this week alone. like, I can't even get my head around that. The same broadcast has even done numerous stories on NFTs. This doesn't include all the mainstream news coverage of NFTs, Musk's memes, the general price uptick. I feel like the whole crypto conversation sort of went hand-in-hand with GME for a lot of broadcasts/publications too

I see so many analysts with good records predicting bitcoin's bullrun won't end until this summer, with highs being in the 70-100k USD range, but I just don't understand how -- unless Michael Saylor and some other massive institutional investor pump spend another few billion, how is that going to be achieved?

My brain is saying sell, but my heart is saying ride it out. No idea what's going on

Edited by GLASSJAW

2 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

I'm not sure I agree with this, media attention has been huge. Global News, the most basic of basic news, did about 5 stories about DOGE this week alone. like, I can't even get my head around that. The same broadcast has even done numerous stories on NFTs. This doesn't include all the mainstream news coverage of NFTs, Musk's memes, the general price uptick. I feel like the whole crypto conversation sort of went hand-in-hand with GME for a lot of broadcasts/publications too

I see so many analysts with good records predicting bitcoin's bullrun won't end until this summer, with highs being in the 70-100k USD range, but I just don't understand how -- unless Michael Saylor and some other massive institutional investor pump spend another few billion, how is that going to be achieved?

My brain is saying sell, but my heart is saying ride it out. No idea what's going on

Yeah conversations are around memes and making it seem like this entire sector is just a joke. The media will continue to talk about meme coins like CumRocket or something and fail to discuss what Bitcoin can actually do for the world and the capabilities that Etherium has to revolutionize so many archaic systems. 

Most people are blindly buying alts right now because you can make a quick buck. Butt the money will eventually flow back into BTC.

As far as the valuation of 70-100k, its going to be inevitable. You will see more and more companies allocate a very small (1-5%) percentage of their cash reserves into BTC as means of risk management. HODL. 

1 hour ago, themcdeal said:

I was referring to that guy coming in here fishing for credit card numbers. :ph34r:

11 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

You'll have a lot of fun watching social media influencers posting 10 second Instagram stories and TikTok videos on how to "get rich" by "investing."

10 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

Is there a correlation between market confidence and bitcoin price.? in 2018 it was about a month after BTC bottomed out before the S&P bottomed out. in 2020 they followed each other down, down, down. #tinfoilhat #debbiedowner #NotAdvice

1068533666_sp500.thumb.JPG.05433f614e358bdec5d15f7c245b2389.JPG

in the last year BTC has more so followed market sentiment than be the inflation hedge that people were claiming it would be. Realistically it is too volatile to be an inflation hedge at this point in time. It needs to stabilize. It being an inflation hedge, if it gets there, is several years away. This volatility is what will continue to scare most institutions from holding it, which is what BTC needs to push it to the 100k+ per coin milestone.

I imagine the newbies to crypto were panic selling over the last few days. Historically 30% drops have been normal for crypto. I find it interesting that many crypto brokerages went all 'Robinhood' and preventing selling today. I had to wait 'in line' to get into Coinbase; I ended up waiting 5 mins for a damage report.

CPP just reported that the fund was +/- $500 billion. Sounds impressive but that works out to about $13,000 per Canadian. I like to yardstick us against other countries with economies based on resources. The gold medal winner is Norway IMHO. Norway has $1.36 Trillion in their fund or $250,500 per citizen. While Norway has diversified their sovereign wealth fund the core funding came from North Sea oil. This is why I have always supported the full exploitation of oil and gas reserves in Canada. I consider it a national security priority. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

CPP just reported that the fund was +/- $500 billion. Sounds impressive but that works out to about $13,000 per Canadian. I like to yardstick us against other countries with economies based on resources. The gold medal winner is Norway IMHO. Norway has $1.36 Trillion in their fund or $250,500 per citizen. While Norway has diversified their sovereign wealth fund the core funding came from North Sea oil. This is why I have always supported the full exploitation of oil and gas reserves in Canada. I consider it a national security priority. 

a big part fo that lopsided figure is a country the size of Alberta sitting on one of the largest fossil fuel deposits on the planet. But no doubt Canada has not managed to be efficient enough in the CPP, it should be much bigger. 

But if we are going to make oil and gas a national priority, how do you square that with the prevailing attitude in Alberta that its "their oil"? I don't see how we'd ever have a proper national discussion on it given how our provincial relations are set up in Canada, we're hamstrung from the beginning.