The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

How do you all feel about DKNG? Been waiting for a good time to enter as I missed the initial rise until now. It's falling as of late, and I know they are doing a share offering soon.  Will it continue to go lower? Thinking long term hold, once sports are back (who knows when at this point with athletes testing positive now, but we can hope!) it should get pretty attractive.

22 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

How do you all feel about DKNG? Been waiting for a good time to enter as I missed the initial rise until now. It's falling as of late, and I know they are doing a share offering soon.  Will it continue to go lower? Thinking long term hold, once sports are back (who knows when at this point with athletes testing positive now, but we can hope!) it should get pretty attractive.

It has a good future outlook but given the state of the world and the area around July 4 is traditionally bad in the market I would personally wait till next Friday for an entry point. 

Below $32 is good, below $30 is ideal.

The market will be bad for a few weeks would be my guess. I expect more red then green.

I’m betting against the market though.

I took a small position in SPXS which bets on red days. Plan on holding till next Friday or so.

7F0ED653-EFB1-4607-B821-634C4E14BE40.png

5 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

It has a good future outlook but given the state of the world and the area around July 4 is traditionally bad in the market I would personally wait till next Friday for an entry point. 

The market will be bad for a few weeks would be my guess. I expect more red then green.

I took a small position in SPXS which bets on red days. Plan on holding till next Friday or so.

Nice ok. I was surprised when the offering was announced that the price barely budged. And now a week later its starting to fall but that could be tied in with the overall market of course. As always thanks for the info!

20 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

You use TD?

54 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

If SPY has a clear break past 300, I'm re-entering my inverse ETF position. Chopping sideways on 301 right now.

7 minutes ago, Kooner91 said:

Pulled out 1/3 of my SHLL. Will add more shares if it drops back down but I'm playing this one safe to maximize my returns. 

I made an incredibly dumb mistake by selling it all off. Made some nice gains, but I now I gotta wait for a nice dip to re-enter. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

11 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I made an incredibly dumb mistake by selling it all off. Made some nice gains, but I now I gotta wait for a nice dip to re-enter. 

Merger isn't until the fall so you have time. There will be lots of ups and downs, just like with NKLA.

I also sold off my DKNG this morning. Too much risk attached to it for not enough reward. Happy with my profits. Might jump back in if it drops under $32  and/or the sports world continues.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Well it's easy to say after the fact.  You made money so that puts you ahead of alot people.:)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well it's easy to say after the fact.  You made money so that put's you ahead of alot people.:)

Haha appreciate the encouragement. Just kicking myself for not doing research this morning - they announced a bunch of pre-orders which is probably causing the run-up. 

SHLL will probably cool-off. I've got support marked at around $19-20. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Haha appreciate the encouragement. Just kicking myself for not doing research this morning - they announced a bunch of pre-orders which is probably causing the run-up. 

SHLL will probably cool-off. I've got support marked at around $19-20. 

I'm expecting a pullback on Monday. Going to wake up early and potentially sell off some more. 

Let's hope next week goes a lot better than this week.

8 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Put it on my watch list and then took it off my watch list in 24 hours which is a new record.

IDEX is now owned by shorters just like GNUS.. Stay away, far away....

Yup, I got stop lossed out :rolleyes:

Lame, the company share price should never have fallen back this low.

Made it up with EKSO and SHLL today but I'll be buying back into IDEX after this short attack is over.

Edited by Duodenum

32 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I was away from my computer today... wishing I was around to sell SHLL. Holding over the weekend makes me nervous with these ones. Bought in at 16.21 so obviously pretty happy. Planning to be in and out a few times ala NKLA/VTIQ

I think you should be fine. Like others have said, lots of opportunities to enter and exit with the volatility this thing is going though. 

I'm more nervous with broad market. Missed opportunity to short on the sell-off today. Next week will tell us whether the markets will bounce back off support or move to the next low. 

38 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I think you should be fine. Like others have said, lots of opportunities to enter and exit with the volatility this thing is going though. 

I'm more nervous with broad market. Missed opportunity to short on the sell-off today. Next week will tell us whether the markets will bounce back off support or move to the next low. 

People were screaming 'V' shaped recovery and celebrating the completion of it two weeks ago yet here we are... on our way to what I suspect will be a 'W'.

5 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I'm really beginning to regret investing in GNUS. Really hoping they make a bit of a comeback next week

It won't.

But it will into August, into the fall, and especially the earnings report after Christmas.

Cleared all senior debt, CEO bought 11 million shares today, suing those crooks who are surprisingly still allowed to have a platform. 

They have tons of cash on a positive balance sheet, incredible executive team leading the way, and a bunch of new catalysts (launch of Stan Lee, launch of Martin Luther king show, launch of toys in august). 

I've been averaging down every few days. So low now that even if it makes it back to a measly $4 eventually, I'll double my money. Just a lot of capital tied up now.

Edit: I guess I don't know what "come back" means for you. If you think 3's, definitely a possibility. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HI5 said:

Lol, I just bought IDEX @ $1.80

I averaged down to 1.43 myself. Tuesday will be a telling day. A lot of shorts filling today. Some of the buy volumes in after hours were crazy (popped up a 650k buy order on the level 2 around 1.65 and a 9 million share buy order at 1,46). Someone on ST pointed out they went through Elon Musk's followers and out of the 80 or so people he follows, two that made the cut were the IDEX's company account, and their ceo's personal account. 

I'm not bull or bear on this particular stock now that I've gotten myself a position low enough I'm comfortable with with a stop loss set to take out my invested capital, but I definitely put in way more capital than I'm happy about to get to that average.

Investors meeting Tuesday and some other catalyst on July 1 (I think take over of the lease and switching it to MEG, could be wrong). 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1