The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

5 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Alright.. It's time again.. This one is a monster waiting in the wings.. It's all about getting Americans back to work.. You don't even need to open the article to get the jist of this one, just read the headlines and you can put it together. It has all the makings to be a multi-bagger. I will hold till around August 7th-10th

VOLT: Volt Information Sciences, Inc.

"Volt Information Sciences, Inc. provides staffing services. Staffing services fulfills a variety of temporary and permanent placements and telecommunications solutions include operator and telephone directory services."

Volt Information Sciences, Inc. Named as One of Forbes’ Best Temporary Staffing Firms 2020

image.thumb.png.114a3f7c0035483b1cf1545a19efe393.png

Trump backs work incentives as part of next stimulus bill - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he supports another coronavirus stimulus bill but wants it to include incentives for Americans to go back to work

Bonuses will be given for those that return to work - One-time cash bonuses of up to $1,500 for full-time work and up to $750 for part-time work and will be provided to the worker after return to the workplace. The funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis (based on date of return to work) for qualified applicants.

Smaller unemployment benefits / return-to-work-bonus =  Forbes.com - "New Stimulus Package May Be Introduced Next Week" -  Senate Republicans are targeting the new stimulus closer to $1.3 trillion in total spending. House Democrats proposed $3 trillion for the Heroes Act (which hasn’t passed the Senate). While the numbers likely will change, the final stimulus package could be in the $1.5 - $2.0 trillion range. Congress breaks for summer recess on August 7, which means that the new stimulus could be finalized later this month or in early August.

Insider purchasing is one of the first items I look at before investing in a company. Insiders are currently betting heavy on the company.

image.thumb.png.2d71d8b5b3390d6c3e6804f00b967751.png

Balance sheet looks good, they have a lot of money and have NEVER done an offering!

image.thumb.png.7684780b6a6d0d88358537315d78e387.png

This is called a low float which means when news happens the stock runs higher then a standard company due to limited general public shares.

image.thumb.png.2299af3223d9e8960ab47aa4c2be22e4.png

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIFs | Tenor

just freed up around 5k. I'm in!

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Nice work!

Seems to have dropped a bit here.

Love the ability to set pre market limit buy orders the night before so I don't have to wake up early lol. I either get my preferred price or I move on.

The worst though, is not waking up to an "executed" notification, and then you check the pre market prices and it at one point was 1 or 2 cents away from your limit lol

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Da eff.

I had a 1.49 limit set premarket and it didn't trigger. Added more at 1.66 instead just now.

Which broker? Or maybe you were trying to buy too many shares and not enough selling? Still should've given you a partial fill especially when it was between 1.45 and 1.52 for a good few minutes

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Which broker? Or maybe you were trying to buy too many shares and not enough selling? Still should've given you a partial fill especially when it was between 1.45 and 1.52 for a good few minutes

TD, I know their service was out for a while pre-market. 

It wasn't a lot of shares, keeping it small because the stock increased on weak news.

Edited by Duodenum

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

So you like it at these prices too? Where do you see it going?

I got in at 1.42 so I averaged up to the 1.50s. That's where insiders have been buying up to. 

PTs? Not much resistance up to the 2.20-2.60 range it looks like. 

These things don't always hit though. That's why it's important to get a good entry point so you can set a tight stop loss. Win big, lose small. 

Edited by Duodenum

26 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I got in at 1.42 so I averaged up to the 1.50s. That's where insiders have been buying up to. 

PTs? Not much resistance up to the 2.20-2.60 range it looks like. 

These things don't always hit though. That's why it's important to get a good entry point so you can set a tight stop loss. Win big, lose small. 

Yea I have learned the hard way. It isn't the wins that matter, it's managing your losses.  Can't lose big.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Frustrated.. CIBC updated their trading platform but they are running into technical difficulties today. I was looking to buy some NKLA at 38 but haven't been able to.

Phone them to conduct a broker assisted trade and get them to waive the extra fee if there is one. If they refuse to waive threaten to take your account elsewhere. :)

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Frustrated.. CIBC updated their trading platform but they are running into technical difficulties today. I was looking to buy some NKLA at 38 but haven't been able to.

They are selling shares almost 24m shares at $11.50, plus all the big players like black rock and fidelity have been dumping.