The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

8 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Man oh man.. The more I read about Arrival the better it looks. That's an EXCELLENT purchase price.. Hang onto it till Q1 2021, nice grab.

Nah I sold in the high 17's today. Seen the SPAC announcement craze followed by heavy pull back far too much. I'm okay with it continuing on with me I'll never turn down 37% return in 18 hours.

My SBE warrants are looking quite nice. I just missed the huge run in the last minutes of trading. Would have sold for a tidy 128%. Stupid real job lol. Oh well, I'm still up a lot. Warrants are still trailing the common  shares slightly, and the common shares are holding for now. Been a good run so far!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Feels like this whole bull.market right now is a bubble just waiting to pop once the holidays are over. 

Oh well guess gonna ride the upward wave till boxing day. 

My thoughts as well.. though I think it will be sector specfic for the most part. It looks like state lockdowns may be on the horizon.

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

My thoughts as well.. though I think it will be sector specfic for the most part. It looks like state lockdowns may be on the horizon.

Tesla gets added to the S&P and all the funds in that index have to buy Tesla stock. It takes another run up. There is a lot of money floating thru the markets looking for quick profits. Hedge funds and levered ETF's are everywhere. It is good for market liquidity I guess. You have to ask where all the money coming out of bonds is going. I think you have to buy your stock based on your analysis and then hold. Covid has the markets spooked again but as soon as the vaccines start being used it will roar back.  

I know it's not sexy but has anyone been eyeing any gold stocks lately? I currently own KL but also thinking of picking up more plus also looking at IMG. I feel like gold still has a ways to run and is just consolidating right now but the selling pressure has been a bit overblown. Being patient right now and waiting for $50 entry price on KL and $4 for IMG.

2 hours ago, TGokou said:

I know it's not sexy but has anyone been eyeing any gold stocks lately? I currently own KL but also thinking of picking up more plus also looking at IMG. I feel like gold still has a ways to run and is just consolidating right now but the selling pressure has been a bit overblown. Being patient right now and waiting for $50 entry price on KL and $4 for IMG.

I bought back in to ABX after in dropped like 10% down to ~$32.

15 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Although it may not seem like it, my business has been smoking busy as I own a home inspection company. I'm looking for a stock to sink my money in for a while and been struggling to find 1 I like that's at a good price.

SBE looks to be one of the best future plays but I think I can get in around $17 with patients.

TTCF has come down alot since the merger I'm expecting a reversal soon,  it's high on my watch list.

The short article this morning was laughable. Biased and selectively left out key pieces of info. The article is no longer even on their website, and instead of refuting it themselves TTCF is actually getting a veteran analyst from ROTH to refute it.

The guy who runs the short “firm” has an average -22% return annually and is a coke addict with a record. Hope the lawsuit is heavy. 

8 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

NNDM has been a freak of nature lately

.....honorable mentions to FuelCell and CleanSpark.

On 11/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Nndm, Dkng, Ttcf

Friggin asshats did a Offering 30 minutes ago at $4.00.. Will be a rough ride tomorrow. I will look to make another starter position, Cathie won't be happy.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Friggin asshats did a Offering 30 minutes ago at $4.00.. Will be a rough ride tomorrow. I will look to make another starter position, Cathie won't be happy.

Yup. Knew it as soon as the power hour push happened. 3 months in a row. Israeli companies are all known for this crap. My core position has an average in the 2s which I won’t touch but exited the swing position at 6.18 (from 3.15 entry from a couple weeks ago) which I’ll reload next week. Great atm stock. Next run should be from 4 to 7/8 with another offering. 

28 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

What's the deal with her ARKK fund? I'm not really following but they are at risk of being taken over or something? I know there is some sort of drama

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Yeah, I see that. I bought in at $3.60 so I'm still up, but that just shredded my profits.  If it goes down low enough, I'll probably add to my position. 

PSTH, i know we have talked about it before but they're closing in on a company it would seem.

Largest spac in history.. Sounds like they're closing in on Stripe.. 

Bill Ackman the CEO is a certified wall street god and genius.. In Feb 2020 he bought 27M of credit default swaps when he realized the market was going to crash.. Well, he made 2.6B 3 months later..

Seth Klarman, whos another wall street god, hedge fund manager just invested 400M into PSTH.. 

Given Bills thought that the end of the year will be bad on the market but he's bullish on 2021 I foresee this transaction being announced in Jan/Feb 2021. 

Oh, and Stripe offers payment processing for e-commerce websites and has around 2B in annual revenue with a current valuation of 36B, no big deal..

image.png.1848cc006b25c458763e55a2c649b430.png 

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by AriGold2.0

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What The Country F..... ?!?!?!

Looks like somebody else is taking over now that shes set it up to be a top 5 EFT in the USA.. I hope she leaves, so I can invest wherever she goes..

• Upvote 1