The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

47 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Why did XPEV go up so much more than NIO, LI etc?

XPEV has sales and revenue, 1.99 Billion dollars in the third quarter, an increase of 1.5 billion over the previous year. 

Delivered 8500 vehicles vs 2300 the year prior.

Went from negative 500 million to negative 4 million in loss year over year. 

It was an undervalued stock that was prime to ride the EV wave to higher highs than the other stocks. That said, do not buy it at 70$ now.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

both SBE and Blink are over valued like crazy. I still have half my SBE that I'm riding out

I had SBE on my watch list and meant to grab it, remembered today and was like "oh crap thats gotta be way to valued now maybe not"

5 hours ago, Duodenum said:

GMHI and TTCF with some yummy gains today.

MEDS rising after hours as well, up over 5 again.

XPEV over 70 bucks holy, I'm selling off most of this. 

DKNG static.

I think I am going to sink a chunk of my leftover cash in my account into this and see how she rides out for a bit.

Can't believe XPEV, to bad I only bought 5 shares when I had extra in my account just sitting there :P Could have done a lot better than anything else I had, oh well!  Almost $75 in afterhours is just freaking insane. 

7 hours ago, trek said:

I still have some TSLA from $167. Cashed out a bit in the interim but riding the rest to the moon (or Mars). Go Elon.

I am riding to the moon with my TSLA, see where she takes me until I need the money one day. Don't have nearly the returns you do but hell, if theres one company I truley believe in for the future vehicles and energy storage, pushing limits, etc. Its Tesla by a long shot (and I don't even own one :(

Edited by Russ

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

XPEV has sales and revenue, 1.99 Billion dollars in the third quarter, an increase of 1.5 billion over the previous year. 

Delivered 8500 vehicles vs 2300 the year prior.

Went from negative 500 million to negative 4 million in loss year over year. 

It was an undervalued stock that was prime to ride the EV wave to higher highs than the other stocks. That said, do not buy it at 70$ now.

Yeah I don't own it but those growth numbers are impressive. I'm in TSLA, NIO, SBE, LI. Pretty happy with how they have treated me so no complaints. I do expect a significant pull back this week at some point, maybe tomorrow.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah I don't own it but those growth numbers are impressive. I'm in TSLA, NIO, SBE, LI. Pretty happy with how they have treated me so no complaints. I do expect a significant pull back this week at some point, maybe tomorrow.

Yeah, no way investor is going to let these stock hang on a high point for the thanksgiving holidays. Probably a good time to sell tomorrow morning and get back in next Monday.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Russ said:

I think I am going to sink a chunk of my leftover cash in my account into this and see how she rides out for a bit.

Can't believe XPEV, to bad I only bought 5 shares when I had extra in my account just sitting there :P Could have done a lot better than anything else I had, oh well!  Almost $75 in afterhours is just freaking insane. 

I am riding to the moon with my TSLA, see where she takes me until I need the money one day. Don't have nearly the returns you do but hell, if theres one company I truley believe in for the future vehicles and energy storage, pushing limits, etc. Its Tesla by a long shot (and I don't even own one :(

Never bet against Elon Musk!

8 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah, no way investor is going to let these stock hang on a high point for the thanksgiving holidays. Probably a good time to sell tomorrow morning and get back in next Monday.

They are continuing to climb in pre market. I have a sell limit order in but I will follow it this morning and inch it up if I'm able before I go to work... Which I have to say has been tough. I am making more in a couple of clicks than I am in a couple days of work lol.

Update: SBE sell order filled at $41.50 (bought at $13) and Li Auto filled at $47.60 (bought at $32). They may climb back up there today but things are too frothy for me. I am happy with my profit here and will re enter SBE after a pull back and things settle down. I am riding with my Tesla and NIO

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

10 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Too many traders have this mindset of “holiday coming up things will surely tank” 

What ends up happening is a dip a day early from everyone thinking like that selling and then a huge rebound going into the holiday. 

though this year should be interesting with trump’s administration only finally admitting defeat yesterday and more vaccine news. 

43 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

What are people's thoughts on the Very Good Food Company (VERY)? Expansion coming up in 2021.

I'm continuing to buy. I use their products and they are good - so i believe once their expansion solidifies and they're sausages reach more mouths, there is more fun to come.

.. and get your heads out of the gutter

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Also just a side note, if anyone is interested, there is no monetary/financial interest in this for me at all it's totally free,

but if anyone wants to join a discord that is tiny (like 15 people) who talk about stocks etc. here's one I'm in and a couple others from CDC:

https://discord.gg/4VHkw4JN

No joke eh?