The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

44 minutes ago, Violator said:

He's a spokesperson not the guy that builds it and codes it launches it recovers it.he accused someone of being a pedophile caus they said his submarine would be a bad idea.

His value far exceeds being a spokesperson, besides he is a terrible public speaker lol. He is the vision, not the engineering team. I don't know about this pedophile accusation stuff but if it's true it may make him a d1ck, which he may be, but an idiot he is not.

35 minutes ago, Violator said:

He thinks covid is fake news they call him "space Karen"

I don't know who 'they' are but my understanding is that he opposes economic shutdown in response to covid, not that covid is a hoax. But I don't follow his political stances.

Tesla is overvalued but also in a unique position to become an energy company as well as the leading EV car company. Elon is bold, seems to deliver on the majority of his projections and has made a lot of people money, myself included. I like Elon.

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

His value far exceeds being a spokesperson, besides he is a terrible public speaker lol. He is the vision, not the engineering team. I don't know about this pedophile accusation stuff but if it's true it may make him a d1ck, which he may be, but an idiot he is not.

I don't know who 'they' are but my understanding is that he opposes economic shutdown in response to covid, not that covid is a hoax. But I don't follow his political stances.

Tesla is overvalued but also in a unique position to become an energy company as well as the leading EV car company. Elon is bold, seems to deliver on the majority of his projections and has made a lot of people money, myself included. I like Elon.

Yeah I need to separate my hope for humanity for my love of money

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Danny Devito No GIF

Can't support fake food.  Eventhough my wifes a vegetarian and keeps buying that crap :P

Have you seen what Very's ingredients are? Beyond meat, other than tasting close to meat, has very little nutritional value. Its just fillers like starches, syrups etc. Very's stuff is actually good for you

15 hours ago, 250Integra said:

What are people's thoughts on the Very Good Food Company (VERY)? Expansion coming up in 2021.

Optimistic. The new Rupert plant is going to add value with the increased volume, but the California market is what is REALLY exciting. That factory is fully built and close to plug and play, that is going to be the game changer. Their subscription model is genius and IMO will fly in that market. Their California plant is in Patterson which is in the vicinity of San Jose and SFO, and everyone knows that SFO peeps are the leaders in trends, if it gets big there, it trickles all the way to So Cal ( LA, Anaheim etc).

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

Have you seen what Very's ingredients are? Beyond meat, other than tasting close to meat, has very little nutritional value. Its just fillers like starches, syrups etc. Very's stuff is actually good for you

To be honest I haven't looked at their ingredients, looked at Beyond meat though.  Saw like 40 ingredients to make "ground beef" when my ground beef consists of one thing... ground beef :P

Maybe I will have to look at it, don't think I will willingly eat it though, prefer my stuff to be a little more natural and less fillers.

Edited by Russ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

This is true. Beyond meet really isn't that good for you. It's a vegetarian option for ground beef or sausage, both cuts of meat that really aren't all that good for you either. The Very Good Butcher is actually a better product

46 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Chinese EV companies tanking hard after government announces investigations.

Interesting.. I'm happy I dropped out yesterday of Li auto then, though I held NIO. SBE is down big as well so I'm liking my move to sell them as well. Though I still like SBE and will look to re-enter

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

Beyond meat is disgusting. Tried the spicy sausage meat and I couldn’t eat it. Wasted my money as it went into compost. 

Very, however is delicious. I LOVE meat. I don’t think there’s been a day where one of my meals hasn’t included meat. VERY was the first alternative product I thought I could actually eat this regularly. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Optimistic. The new Rupert plant is going to add value with the increased volume, but the California market is what is REALLY exciting. That factory is fully built and close to plug and play, that is going to be the game changer. Their subscription model is genius and IMO will fly in that market. Their California plant is in Patterson which is in the vicinity of San Jose and SFO, and everyone knows that SFO peeps are the leaders in trends, if it gets big there, it trickles all the way to So Cal ( LA, Anaheim etc).

2900% more volume :towel:

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Beyond meat is disgusting. Tried the spicy sausage meat and I couldn’t eat it. Wasted my money as it went into compost. 

Very, however is delicious. I LOVE meat. I don’t think there’s been a day where one of my meals hasn’t included meat. VERY was the first alternative product I thought I could actually eat this regularly. 

Couldn't agree more about your opinion of Beyond products.  I only tried their ground beef alternative, and it was absolutely disgusting...had to throw in all kinds of seasonings just to mask the flavor.  And as mentioned earlier, the nutritional value and ingredients isn't even all that great.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Did they create this new position? Seems like things are going well so it would be strange to fire such an important position.

Sounds like they were waiting to bring on a president. 

Silva’s appointment comes at a transformative time, having become publicly listed on both the Canadian and more recently on the US stock exchange. Her role will be to bring online additional production capacity with proposed Rupert and Patterson facilities, and expand R&D capabilities with its Mount Pleasant facility, in order to meet strong demand for the Company’s products. Ana’s experience will also guide the Company as it pursues its efforts to expand into the U.S. and other international markets.

We are fortunate to have someone of Ana’s caliber and experience joining our team at a critical inflection point for our company, as we are on the verge of scaling our operations by a very substantial margin,” said CEO Mitchell Scott. “With significant capacity expansion and a large waitlist of wholesale accounts, Ana’s previous executive-level experience at Daiya Foods will be an invaluable asset to our team.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

Couldn't agree more about your opinion of Beyond products.  I only tried their ground beef alternative, and it was absolutely disgusting...had to throw in all kinds of seasonings just to mask the flavor.  And as mentioned earlier, the nutritional value and ingredients isn't even all that great.

Nothing is better than meat but when I go for meatless option bean burger is pretty darn good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Has anyone been adding to their Palantir position since this has been like hypersonic missile?

I'm riding my initial entry.. I got in at 9.09 and was riding the EV wave.. Have watched it continue to climb but am gun shy on making another entry. The chart is gorgeous though.

• Upvote 1