The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

NKLA $20 PUTS at 73% and counting :wub:

Great day to add to some other positions. AMCI warrants dirt cheap today. 

I see that.

What's your long term mindset in that?

13 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Plan on selling the warrants when they get to above $4. Fuel cell technology backed by house brand Toyota. 

I just took 300 shares and set a $4.14 sell trigger.

Looks promising.

Actually even bought a penny stock in ZOM that's set to revolutionize the veterinarian sector.

17 hours ago, Down by the River said:

FWIW, in the last 2 months I think NIO has only once been down on consecutive days. 

Make that twice now. I still like NIO. I trimmed some of the fat at 53 a week or so ago. Picked some more up today at 46 and some PLTR at 26. I got out of QS/KCAC, Li auto, and SBE at pretty much the perfect time. Still holding my NIO, Tesla, and AMCI.

36 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Plan on selling the warrants when they get to above $4. Fuel cell technology backed by house brand Toyota. 

I'm in the common shares. I don't have the time to bother with warrants plus I don't fully understand them. Aren't they ineligible to be executed until 30days post merger?

Healthy pull back for VERY as well today.

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Make that twice now. I still like NIO. I trimmed some of the fat at 53 a week or so ago. Picked some more up today at 46 and some PLTR at 26. I got out of QS/KCAC, Li auto, and SBE at pretty much the perfect time. Still holding my NIO, Tesla, and AMCI.

I'm in the common shares. I don't have the time to bother with warrants plus I don't fully understand them. Aren't they ineligible to be executed until 30days post merger?

I just trade warrants same as common stock. I’ve never exercised a warrant or an option.

I like pre merger warrants because they’re easy 50%+ gains

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I just trade warrants same as common stock. I’ve never exercised a warrant or an option.

I like pre merger warrants because they’re easy 50%+ gains

More risky if the merger falls through though right? The common shares you can get the base SPAC price back but don't warrants become worthless?

14 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

More risky if the merger falls through though right? The common shares you can get the base SPAC price back but don't warrants become worthless?

Yes the warrants expire worthless if the merger falls through and you haven't sold before then.

To date none of my merger plays have fallen through, fingers crossed! I've only ever kept the warrants of 2 companies through merger though, VTIQ and FMCI. I'll usually exit warrants before merge day. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
13 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Anyone with any opinions regarding QS or what was previously known as KCAC?

I sold everything yesterday morning. Going to wait for the dust to settle. In short they are in battery development and have Bill Gates and Volkswagen invested, but the pattern of a big drop following merger is all too common, and is happening to QS. Same is happening with SBE which is soon to be chargepoint. I'm not willing to be a bag holder.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman
48 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I should get into bag manufacturing business.

Lot of money to be made between owners of Nio, workhorse, fuel cell, Nikola, moderna etc. 

Luckily, I trimmed the fat on nio last week so I'm still holding what I have, but it's house money.... but in the mean time, I'll need to put an order in with you, preferably a bag made in china, if you have it

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Luckily, I trimmed the fat on nio last week so I'm still holding what I have, but it's house money.... but in the mean time, I'll need to put an order in with you, preferably a bag made in china, if you have it

I got plenty of high quality bags for sale!

I am glad that you are playing with their money, I got into nio when it was $4 but didn’t hold on to it long enough.

Ever since I got hosed with that luckin cofee, Chinese stocks scare me.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Hydration 1
11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

your long term with this is expected to be what?

I never make it that far.. I'll tell you something though. Salesforce is very very high on my watch list, been looking for a nice entry for a while..

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Yes the warrants expire worthless if the merger falls through and you haven't sold before then.

To date none of my merger plays have fallen through, fingers crossed! I've only ever kept the warrants of 2 companies through merger though, VTIQ and FMCI. I'll usually exit warrants before merge day. 

If after the first 6 months no partner has been found then the warrants naturally fizzle away till they die or find a partner.

We all only tend to chase the big management teams who find partners quickly.

56 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I got plenty of high quality bags for sale!

I am glad that you are playing with their money, I got into nio when it was $4 but didn’t hold on to it long enough.

Ever since I got hosed with that luckin cofee, Chinese stocks scare me.

Yeah part of the risk analysis I suppose, I got in at 18. The way I see it is that EVs are still the future of automobiles, China's market is double what the USA's is (after considering that 600million still live in poverty) and the CCP have mandated that 20% of vehicles by 2025 are EVs. That's huge. NIO is largest Chinese EV automaker and have backing of CCP. I think they will comply with NYSE audit standards in 2021and this is a nothing burger in 5 years.  USA investment is in their best interest as well.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I never make it that far.. I'll tell you something though. Salesforce is very very high on my watch list, been looking for a nice entry for a while..

If after the first 6 months no partner has been found then the warrants naturally fizzle away till they die or find a partner.

We all only tend to chase the big management teams who find partners quickly.

Last time I made nice profit from 214 to 260 with sales force.
While money is piling into slack at 42 plus, I am getting back into CRM tomorrow under 230.

Edited by CBH1926
14 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah, not suprised since it jumped 30% on Monday, but I think 5.75 - 6$ can be a reasonable floor. Not flinching though. There was a lot of pull back all over the place, good time to add to my holds

9 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Last time I made nice profit from 214 to 260 with sales force.
While money is piling into slack at 42 plus, I am getting back into CRM tomorrow under 230.

Salesforce "We have just taken our company to the next level buying Slack and revenues will continue to grow 15% YOY. Also we just did and extra 1B in revenue this Q that you all didn't expect"

Stock Market " SELL, IT"S BURNING DOWN!!!"

I just don't understand... lol

• Upvote 1