The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

No but I wish that I had looking at the chart. Never really looked into it unfortunately.

I sold them at 47 and never got back in. At the end of the day I like them but they aren't expecting to have any products ready for another 7 years, their management team has openly said this. Mostly R&D at this point.

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

@Boudrias picked some T shares finally, dividend $2.08 per share is not too shabby.

Something going on with T. Been climbing steadily. They are supposed to spin off Telus International in Q1 2021. I heard valuation of $1.50 and am wondering if that is understated. I have owned T for many years and have always been happy other than the brief time that Entwistle quit as CEO. As I said before T is much more than a telcom. I don't carry telcom's in my sector allocation any more. Rolled T over into my tech. 

Have you ever looked at ROP-N? 

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Something going on with T. Been climbing steadily. They are supposed to spin off Telus International in Q1 2021. I heard valuation of $1.50 and am wondering if that is understated. I have owned T for many years and have always been happy other than the brief time that Entwistle quit as CEO. As I said before T is much more than a telcom. I don't carry telcom's in my sector allocation any more. Rolled T over into my tech. 

Have you ever looked at ROP-N? 

Yeah, I watched T since around 26 or so like we talked about the other day.

It seems to be moving upwards so I dipped my toes in probably will add some more tomorrow.

Are you in enbridge?

I have not heard of rop-n before.

Starting to look at GHIV. Might be good for your TFSA long-term portfolios.

#2 Mortgage lender in the US

#1 largest Wholesale lender (by a lot)

Net income of 1.45 billion this year vs 198 million last year

Will pay a dividend after merger. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, I watched T since around 26 or so like we talked about the other day.

It seems to be moving upwards so I dipped my toes in probably will add some more tomorrow.

Are you in enbridge?

I have not heard of rop-n before.

Yes to ENB. Been there for many years. Was buying pretty heavy at less than $40. My Y at ACB is over 10%. Love it. Approvals all in for Line 3. 

ROP-N is Roper Technologies. The PE is 28.7. It just keeps climbing and the div is increased regularly 60.7% in 3 years. BV +59.7% in 3 years. SH price + 62% in 3years. I was thinking about selling some MSFT and buying ROP. It is cheaper. Another Constellation Software but appears to have a wider scope. I might just wait and watch.  

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes to ENB. Been there for many years. Was buying pretty heavy at less than $40. My Y at ACB is over 10%. Love it. Approvals all in for Line 3. 

ROP-N is Roper Technologies. The PE is 28.7. It just keeps climbing and the div is increased regularly 60.7% in 3 years. BV +59.7% in 3 years. SH price + 62% in 3years. I was thinking about selling some MSFT and buying ROP. It is cheaper. Another Constellation Software but appears to have a wider scope. I might just wait and watch.  

EPD has been great for me, still plenty of room to run plus not as volatile as other oil stocks.

I have researched Roper Technologies before, great stock the only issue is it’s price.

Last couple of years has always been in 250 plus range.

• Upvote 1