The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

58 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Anyone looking into air bnb ipo on dec 14th or something like that.     

The IPO is on Thursday with final pricing to be Wednesday night. The offering is oversubscribed and pricing is expected to be between $56-60/share. That's up from $44-50 earlier. This would give them a valuation of approx $42 Billion. Pretty much instantly becomes a Covid/economic recovery play.

44 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Bought more EPD and CRM on today’s drop, added more to T position.

Av volume on T is 2 million per day. Now sitting at 1.2 so nothing special there. I'm sitting out and building cash. I might sell some T at $30.

Edited by Boudrias

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

GLSI...

Whoever bought this before today :shock:

that was nuts

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol at the person that panic sold me their IPOC at 10.89 ^_^

Haha lot of sillies got shaken out of SPACs today. I've got a decent sized position in IPOC.

THCB today though :wub:

BTAI took a hit today for some reason, perilously close to getting stopped out :wacko:

Edited by Duodenum

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Curious to know if people here actually use DoorDash. I find it such a waste of money, would never use it with any sort of regularity. 

I've only use those delivery services when I'm unable to leave the house (kids are sick, car broke down, etc).  

Once you factor in the mark up, fees, tip... it's easily 20-40% more expensive than if you went to pick-up the food yourself.  

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

I've only use those delivery services when I'm unable to leave the house (kids are sick, car broke down, etc).  

Once you factor in the mark up, fees, tip... it's easily 20-40% more expensive than if you went to pick-up the food yourself.  

Thanks. I just feel like if you live in any kind of urban area, there are so many more economical options. Eating out already costs you 50%+ of what it would cost to go to a grocery store and have dinner at home... and then on top of the takeout cost you're adding another 20% to the DoorDash fee. It just seems like such a stupid product to me. Unless the amount of time it would take me to cook dinner is time that I could spend making money (instead of sitting on my ass watching TV) I don't know why I'd be motivated to use Door Dash... 

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Thanks. I just feel like if you live in any kind of urban area, there are so many more economical options. Eating out already costs you 50%+ of what it would cost to go to a grocery store and have dinner at home... and then on top of the takeout cost you're adding another 20% to the DoorDash fee. It just seems like such a stupid product to me. Unless the amount of time it would take me to cook dinner is time that I could spend making money (instead of sitting on my ass watching TV) I don't know why I'd be motivated to use Door Dash... 

Or you just don't feel like cooking. Or doing dishes. Or you want something particular and don't want to go buy all the ingredients you don't actually need for anything else. Or you just value your time differently. Or you don't want to drive to the restaurant you're ordering from cause it's far or hard to get to. Or...