The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

DoorDash, skip, Uber eats and one other are all operating in lower mainland. Instacart as well for groceries.

I usually just filter by $0 delivery fee on all 3 and see what’s available :lol:

Anything you're swinging right now ? Anything near the bottom in your opinion? I'm assuming I'm not going to get ABNB filled so want another 1-2 week swing trade.

4 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Anything you're swinging right now ? Anything near the bottom in your opinion? I'm assuming I'm not going to get ABNB filled so want another 1-2 week swing trade.

GIK for the definitive agreement with lightning e motors. 

SWBI for bounce back off a great forecast

edit: oh and IPOC because Chamath doesn’t miss and Clover is legit  

Edited by NucksPatsFan

13 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

We're ramping up fellas

Sure doesn't look bad from this standpoint.

I've set my trigger for $4.00 but will keep my eye on it.  I hate being greedy, cost me twice this year and i'm ok with a long play in terms of constantly stepping out at a set gain and re-entering at a set price

What is the most ridiculously overpriced market for emotion?

Pets.

Zomedica or ZOM.  Just check them out and let me know if they're worth a sniff.  It's not a super fancy name or anything incredibly high tech but it is using a well established technology in veterinary care and is protected by no less than 70 patents with a March roll out.

Yes a penny stock, but anyone have any insight on that?

3 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Down $20 and falling.. Timberrrrrrrrrr......

Market today has been interesting, Comcast, AT&T, MasterCard, UPS, Verizon, CVS etc. are dropping hard.

Hundreds of billions in sales, trillion plus in MC plus few hundred million customers.

But food delivery company and house rental during pandemic are skyrocketing.

Nothing wrong getting in and out for quick cash but people are actually investing into these and plan to hold.

Yikes!

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Lol. For AirBnB to experience the same growth as Coke, no adjusting for inflation, their stock price would have to move from $140 to $1,740,000 in 100 years. Things change way to quickly. I use AirBnB a tonnnnnnnnnnnnn for both business and pleasure (pre-Covid) but 10 years from now things could look a lot different. 

not to mention 1k in 1919 is equivalent to like 20k now? Maybe more. It was a lot of dough.

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Market today has been interesting, Comcast, AT&T, MasterCard, UPS, Verizon, CVS etc. are dropping hard.

Hundreds of billions in sales, trillion plus in MC plus few hundred million customers.

But food delivery company and house rental during pandemic are skyrocketing.

Nothing wrong getting in and out for quick cash but people are actually investing into these and plan to hold.

Yikes!

Nothing new.

Whenever overinflated IPO's hit the market, the rest of the big boys take a fall as people free up cash to ride the hype.

For those of us who want nothing to do with IPO's, it leaves very nice entries on others. 

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Nothing new.

Whenever overinflated IPO's hit the market, the rest of the big boys take a fall as people free up cash to ride the hype.

For those of us who want nothing to do with IPO's, it leaves very nice entries on others. 

For sure, today I just keep adding quality stocks to my portfolio.