The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

14 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What are everyones fav long term holds in the pharmaceutical/biomed sector? Thoughts on BMY or Pfizer? They pay nice dividends and have solid fundamentals. Pfizer's forward PE is 14, BMYs is 8.

I like LLY and ABBV, both are overpriced though right now. 
Bristol Myers has been in 60s range for the last 3 years.

27 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What are everyones fav long term holds in the pharmaceutical/biomed sector? Thoughts on BMY or Pfizer? They pay nice dividends and have solid fundamentals. Pfizer's forward PE is 14, BMYs is 8.

Not just because I own it but don't sleep on ALT.. It's no joke..

Just added to Nasdaq top 100 bio. https://altimmune.com/ 

Debt free and only 8.5M public shares which means it's considered a low float. When news hits it runs like crazy..

They have a ton of insider buying and Covid phase 1 trail news is coming shortly (according to below Q4 2020)

image.thumb.png.34d7bf5313a142e52f17ec4b6106704c.png

image.thumb.png.7ae677f6496918092021258921cdf822.png

image.thumb.png.7827bdba22ed374267717e68c38b5180.png

39 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I like LLY and ABBV, both are overpriced though right now. 
Bristol Myers has been in 60s range for the last 3 years.

I don't know, feels like pharma and biomed are never great long term plays. It is almost always bust and boom with these.

I agree with CBH ABBV (pharma) and TMO (BioMed) are the only ones worth a long term play.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I don't know, feels like pharma and biomed are never great long term plays. It is almost always bust and boom with these.

I agree with CBH ABBV (pharma) and TMO (BioMed) are the only ones worth a long term play.

TMO is great company but fully valued also, my favorite is Abbott Labs which spun off Abbvie into separate company.

It has been in business for 132 years and does well during crappy times, it was down under 5% during the recession in 2008.

I have owned Medtronic, Stryker and BDX also. Unfortunately ABT is fully valued as well.

Thanks for responses everyone.

56 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

They have a ton of insider buying and Covid phase 1 trail news is coming shortly (according to below Q4 2020)

image.thumb.png.34d7bf5313a142e52f17ec4b6106704c.png

image.thumb.png.7ae677f6496918092021258921cdf822.png

image.thumb.png.7827bdba22ed374267717e68c38b5180.png

I have ALT already... Is that Simply Wall St. you're using? How do you like it, I did a 2 week trial of it and liked it overall.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Numi 

They had a great day on Friday! I like psychadelics in the coming years.

52 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

It is and guess what.. I've been using it since March for free. Just change your email every time your free account is up haha. For some reason they don't make you verify....

I just hammer the keyboard everytime and then I'm good for 2-3 weeks.

image.png.9a8e1ee3fd353b96e03593d13d94936f.png

Some poor CS major is gonna get fired for this. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

It is and guess what.. I've been using it since March for free. Just change your email every time your free account is up haha. For some reason they don't make you verify....

I just hammer the keyboard everytime and then I'm good for 2-3 weeks.

image.png.9a8e1ee3fd353b96e03593d13d94936f.png

Lol. I did the same thing except I have three email addresses already so I haven't had to make up a bogus one. I figured they would at least make you verify the email address. Good to know I don't even need to create a burner. 

I really like the layout of the site/app. I'm not sure how experienced persons like yourself find it, but as someone new to all this, it was extremely intuitive, I liked that it provided definitions for key terms, and that it has different sections for undervalued companies in different sectors, etc.

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Just added to Nasdaq top 100 bio. https://altimmune.com/ 

Debt free and only 8.5M public shares which means it's considered a low float. When news hits it runs like crazy..

What do you feel is a good buy in target for ALT? Has recently been down as far as 7.83. Do you think it will dip down to that again? 

7 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

What do you feel is a good buy in target for ALT? Has recently been down as far as 7.83. Do you think it will dip down to that again? 

I was pretty happy to be under $12.00 

Jefferies just released a price target today of $24 but that’s the lowest target I’ve found. Analysts are super bullish on ALT. The PTs range from $24-$80

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

TMO is great company but fully valued also, my favorite is Abbott Labs which spun off Abbvie into separate company.

It has been in business for 132 years and does well during crappy times, it was down under 5% during the recession in 2008.

I have owned Medtronic, Stryker and BDX also. Unfortunately ABT is fully valued as well.

CVS, ABBV and JNJ. I have HHL in my TFSA for the yield. JNJ might seem like dead money but if I can get 10% TR I will take it. It is the stabilizer in the group. I want 2.5% allocation in each and then will trim. I like BDX but cannot own them all.