The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

CVS, ABBV and JNJ. I have HHL in my TFSA for the yield. JNJ might seem like dead money but if I can get 10% TR I will take it. It is the stabilizer in the group. I want 2.5% allocation in each and then will trim. I like BDX but cannot own them all. 

JNJ is blue chip stock, doesn’t move a lot but still solid, ABBV dividend and unlike other high dividend stocks it actually moves.

CVS is extremely undervalued.

2 hours ago, Dick Long said:

Anyone with investments in the shroom boom......Congrats.  Enjoy!

the what now?  Psilocybin?

If so, who is of interest?

AION

VEGGF

GBLC

They seem to be the three most ready to go to either clinical trial or legal sale/distribution.

Edited by Warhippy

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

the what now?  Psilocybin?

If so, who is of interest?

AION

VEGGF

GBLC

They seem to be the three most ready to go to either clinical trial or legal sale/distribution.

I think Mmed and Numi are pretty good bets.  Mmed especially.  Compass Pathways has experienced rapid growth.  Others like RVV and Shrm if trade halt is ever lifted.  It has been rocking in US exchange and has huge upside even though you are unable to trade it in canadian exchange as of now.

4 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I was pretty happy to be under $12.00 

Jefferies just released a price target today of $24 but that’s the lowest target I’ve found. Analysts are super bullish on ALT. The PTs range from $24-$80

3 hours ago, inane said:

In at $12.50.

Got in at $12.50 as well. Looking good! Hoping for a good ride!

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

JNJ is blue chip stock, doesn’t move a lot but still solid, ABBV dividend and unlike other high dividend stocks it actually moves.

CVS is extremely undervalued.

That's my take as well. JNJ covers all the bases but its size kinda kills much growth. I think we see $165 in '21. ABBV and CVS are both value plays. I really like CVS as they are quite innovative. I am excited with what they will do with Aetna.   

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Loaded on T, KHC, SPLK and PLTR, sold CRM.

I thought T would hit 26 last week. I swore I would never buy another oil stock but bought CNQ this morning. 

When Brookfield brought out BEPC and BIPC targeted towards the USA investor I switched over as I hold them in a holding company. What a score that has been. They trade at a 23 and 31% premium respectively. The American investors have bid up the price as they don't want to own the LP units. I have trimmed BIPC back 2x now. They just spun off 1 share for every 2 held on Friday. Nice.

34 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I thought T would hit 26 last week. I swore I would never buy another oil stock but bought CNQ this morning. 

When Brookfield brought out BEPC and BIPC targeted towards the USA investor I switched over as I hold them in a holding company. What a score that has been. They trade at a 23 and 31% premium respectively. The American investors have bid up the price as they don't want to own the LP units. I have trimmed BIPC back 2x now. They just spun off 1 share for every 2 held on Friday. Nice.

Oil has been tough, the only stock I own is EPD, I bought at 16 or so.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Oil has been tough, the only stock I own is EPD, I bought at 16 or so.

I added CNQ because it was cheaper than WCP. Both Mexico and Venezula's heavy crude production is declining quickly. Fracking production in Texas is under price pressure until WTI hits $60. That said I am reading stories that WTI will hit $60 by H2 of 2021. Weak pricing could reduce USA production by 2.5 million boe/d. Much of the capital spending in heavy oil is done by CNQ. Their CF + @ $27/barrel. FCF Y is 13% at $50 WTI. 

Nice talk but a Saudi tanker takes a rocket today and the market hardly moves??? Me buying a oil stock is the kiss of death. :( 

28 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I added CNQ because it was cheaper than WCP. Both Mexico and Venezula's heavy crude production is declining quickly. Fracking production in Texas is under price pressure until WTI hits $60. That said I am reading stories that WTI will hit $60 by H2 of 2021. Weak pricing could reduce USA production by 2.5 million boe/d. Much of the capital spending in heavy oil is done by CNQ. Their CF + @ $27/barrel. FCF Y is 13% at $50 WTI. 

Nice talk but a Saudi tanker takes a rocket today and the market hardly moves??? Me buying a oil stock is the kiss of death. :( 

Last week's Oil Inventory number was a tell. It was expected to be a draw of -900K barrels. The actual number was a build of +15.2 Million barrels. One of the largest builds in inventory ever and the price couldn't drop at all. In fact it's a buck a barrel higher now. Normally a number like that would clobber oil 3-5%.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

TBH, so many stocks out there where numbers don’t even matter from Tesla to these newly IPO’s etc.

I mean Nikola was at $90 at one point, the company has no product!

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

TBH, so many stocks out there where numbers don’t even matter from Tesla to these newly IPO’s etc.

I mean Nikola was at $90 at one point, the company has no product!

I read where 18% of the S&P listings were shell companies. Probably not phrasing that right.