The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

"Mind Medicine (NEO: MMED) is raising even more cash. The company this evening announced that they have agreed to conduct a $50.0 million bought deal public offering, lead by Canaccord Genuity Corp. The financing is to be conducted at a price of $4.40 per unit, a significant 21.4% discount to today’s closing price of $5.60."

https://thedeepdive.ca/mind-medicine-announces-50-million-bought-deal-financing-days-after-raising-34-5-million/

Thoughts? I guess I'll set a target buy price of $4.40. MMED seems to be aggressively fundraising money for their efforts. 

3 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

"Mind Medicine (NEO: MMED) is raising even more cash. The company this evening announced that they have agreed to conduct a $50.0 million bought deal public offering, lead by Canaccord Genuity Corp. The financing is to be conducted at a price of $4.40 per unit, a significant 21.4% discount to today’s closing price of $5.60."

https://thedeepdive.ca/mind-medicine-announces-50-million-bought-deal-financing-days-after-raising-34-5-million/

Thoughts? I guess I'll set a target buy price of $4.40. MMED seems to be aggressively fundraising money for their efforts. 

I took a flyer on MMED a few months ago at 400@1.29 and held on, so im pretty stoked that its been climbing. Im not sure how big the alternative medicine can be, but off to a good start with Mind getting in FDA early trials. Its been on a steady climb, but just took off the last week especially today

14 hours ago, Dick Long said:

I think Mmed and Numi are pretty good bets.  Mmed especially.  Compass Pathways has experienced rapid growth.  Others like RVV and Shrm if trade halt is ever lifted.  It has been rocking in US exchange and has huge upside even though you are unable to trade it in canadian exchange as of now.

Im looking at Numi too, I hope theres a dip sometime this week so I can take a small position. People seem to be very excited on Mmed is going

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

For the long term investors out there.. Match.com broke $150 per share today. It has been a steady climb from 90 earlier this year. Great company that offers a service that isn't going anywhere (tinder, hinge etc).

I can't remember what Podcast I was listening to the other day but they were amazed Match was killing it during the pandemic considering people are supposed to stay home more and more.

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

I can't remember what Podcast I was listening to the other day but they were amazed Match was killing it during the pandemic considering people are supposed to stay home more and more.

Well that's kind of the thing, especially in the USA, large portions of the population weren't doing this. Maybe the people who stayed home were spending more time on tinder? It's not solely reliant on bars etc.. can meet someone and do something out doors.

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Well that's kind of the thing, especially in the USA, large portions of the population weren't doing this. Maybe the people who stayed home were spending more time on tinder? It's not solely reliant on bars etc.. can meet someone and do something out doors.

Yea they just seemed surprised the stock was doing so well until they looked into the numbers and they started explaining why it made sense. 

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Yea they just seemed surprised the stock was doing so well until they looked into the numbers and they started explaining why it made sense. 

They also started to monetize profile exposure. Basically you can pay a few bucks to have your profile 'boosted' to the first couple of pages of other peoples search. My friend tried it and he said it actually worked. In big cities this makes a big difference apparently because of the user density.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

From stories shared by single friends/colleagues - the online dating has been much more enjoyable during the quarantine because all the platforms included video dates.

Not only does it eliminate catfishing and dudes pretending to be girls/vice versa, but if you don't like someone or something goes wrong, it's a lot less awkward to just hit "end" than walk out of a bar/restaraunt.

The girl whose office is next to mine said she's probably been on 5x as many dates (video) this year than last year.