The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

not touching them.  set my sites on psilocybin production and medical pursuits.

That gold rush petered out a month after legalization here

2021 is gonna see a crazy weed boom in my opinion. 

But I'm just happy to see that my TLRY leap call options will have great gains this week.

• Cheers 1

All sorts of rumours about Rivian and Chamaths spac IPOF..  IPOF had a random run after hours as well..

Apparently an article is being released talking about the rumours.. Gigantic if true, I will take a position via Warrants tomorrow. Anything under $2.50 looks good to me.

Rivian is the closest to Tesla you can currently get.

This isn't NKLA, they already have a plant and production.  https://rivian.com/

Rivian Has Started Building R1T Pre-Production Prototypes | CarscoopsIllinois' Vehicle Manufacturing Future to be Shaped in Three Cities |  Transport Topics

22 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

"Mind Medicine (NEO: MMED) is raising even more cash. The company this evening announced that they have agreed to conduct a $50.0 million bought deal public offering, lead by Canaccord Genuity Corp. The financing is to be conducted at a price of $4.40 per unit, a significant 21.4% discount to today’s closing price of $5.60."

https://thedeepdive.ca/mind-medicine-announces-50-million-bought-deal-financing-days-after-raising-34-5-million/

Thoughts? I guess I'll set a target buy price of $4.40. MMED seems to be aggressively fundraising money for their efforts. 

Set your target for 4 bucks tomorrow.  Load up then.  No information.  Ive been on this since day 1 and with a pretty big position.  This is gonna rock and roll shortly

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

All sorts of rumours about Rivian and Chamaths spac IPOF..  IPOF had a random run after hours as well..

Apparently an article is being released talking about the rumours.. Gigantic if true, I will take a position via Warrants tomorrow. Anything under $2.50 looks good to me.

Rivian is the closest to Tesla you can currently get.

This isn't NKLA, they already have a plant and production.  https://rivian.com/

Rivian Has Started Building R1T Pre-Production Prototypes | CarscoopsIllinois' Vehicle Manufacturing Future to be Shaped in Three Cities |  Transport Topics

Yea Rivian is actually starting to make vehicles pretty quick here which is awesome. If they weren't so pricey I was going to look at buying one myself. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I didn’t think this opportunity would come again. Added a ton more in my Interactive Brokers account (didn’t want to ruin my average on my Questrade haha). Can’t wait for Rupert facility to open 

47 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

What broker are you with that gets full after hours? Questrade only goes until 230 pst, miss out on the remaining 2.5 hours. Pre market starts at 430am pst for Questrade 

Your other broker Interactive Brokers.

• Cheers 1

I continue with my gold play which is 21% of my port. Debt is the issue as people seem to ignore what is inevitable. USA debt $24 T and Canada likely close to $3 T. Bond market has been destroyed as both the USA and Canada governments both buy their own bonds. 

2020 inflow of $51 B to gold. There are $100 T of institutional assets. If $1 T is moved to gold it would consume 6 years of global gold production. That would drive gold value to $5 to $10,000. Disrupters to this play is how much money goes to Bitcoin instead and how long will the Biden honeymoon last?  

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I continue with my gold play which is 21% of my port. Debt is the issue as people seem to ignore what is inevitable. USA debt $24 T and Canada likely close to $3 T. Bond market has been destroyed as both the USA and Canada governments both buy their own bonds. 

2020 inflow of $51 B to gold. There are $100 T of institutional assets. If $1 T is moved to gold it would consume 6 years of global gold production. That would drive gold value to $5 to $10,000. Disrupters to this play is how much money goes to Bitcoin instead and how long will the Biden honeymoon last?  

Gold set to launch higher on Fed's last meeting of the year?

Wed 16 Dec 2020 07:12:06 GMT

Gold is now approaching a very strong time of year. If you take a look at gold from December 24 through to February 19 over the last 25 years you will see that gold has risen during that time a total of 18 times. The average return has been a +3.96% profit and a maximum profit of 14.43%. The largest loss has been -6.57 and that was during 1996.So, seasonally speaking gold is attractive. Check out some of the stats below: 

Gold

Today the Fed will meet for the last time this year. A dovish twist here and that could be the catalyst that gold needs to launch into a strong gain for 2021. The Fed is limited in what it can do as financial conditions are already loose with very low interest rates. However, the Fed has the following key options it can implement to create easier conditions:

1. Lengthen the maturities of the bonds
  2. Expand total purchases from $120 billion a month
  3. List the outcomes it wants to achieve before winding the program back

If we see the Fed making a move here watch out for gold buyers to step in and try to hold it through January.

FOMC decision is at 11am  PST. With a press conference to follow 30 mins later.

Plus if we finally get a stimulus deal (which seems very close) that should be dollar negative and gold positive.

Reminder to all of you that Friday is a Quad Witch.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Right. I guess I never considered them a Canadian broker. I hate IB I think their UI is the worst in the sector - but the $1 commission makes playing options worth it much more than on Questrade. 

Yes TWS is ugly but it's highly functional and highly customizable. Plus they do not accept payment for older flow. It does not appear Questrade passes on ECN rebates but pass on all liquidity removal charges. IB passes them on. That makes a huge difference.

• Cheers 1

Powell Q&A: We won't associate 'substantial further progress' with numbers

Wed 16 Dec 2020 19:42:46 GMT

Powell answers questions

• New guidance is powerful
  • Employment will need to be 'substantially' closer to full employment
  • Lowering bond buys 'is some ways off'
  • When we see that progress we will say so 'well in advance' of tapering
  • We feel like our purchases, right now we're providing a great deal of stimulus
  • Any time we feel more purchases will help economy, we will do it
  • Doing a BOC-style twist where they lower purchases but extend maturity 'isn't high on our list' of possibilities
  • The case for fiscal policy action is "very, very strong"
  • My expectation is H2 2021 US economy will be strong
  • Some of the demand for housing may be pent-up
  • Many homebuilders we met with said they've never seen anything like it
  • Housing prices aren't a financial stability concern
  • We're aiming for an inflation overshoot but it will take some time to get there. Would it really shift the timeline by changing composition of asset purchases?

Pretty dovish and vague statement short on specifics. Translation = Financial party to continue.

Edited by nuckin_futz