The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

Indeed.  That Cathie Wood sure knows what she's doing. 

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Please add the title of Queen before the name from here on out.

Thank you 

One worrying factor... isn't some group trying to take over her company and bump her from top spot?  

12 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

One worrying factor... isn't some group trying to take over her company and bump her from top spot?  

We talked about this about a month ago in here (I had the same thought).

They won’t bump her from being the fund manager and the face because no Cathie = Arkk collapses. People are investing in Cathie and her team and her vision, not ARK itself 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Merry Christmas hannukah Kwanzaa Diwali las posadas Chinese New Year, whatever else is celebrated!

This week has been nothing short of incredible.

PLTR, ARKG, NNDM, TTCF, FCEL, CLSK, SURF.....its been good times the last 4 days or so.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

PDAC... Gold star if anybody can figure out why this company is gonna be a monster once they find a merging partner!

Edit: I bought 10,000 warrants @ $1.75

Just when I was perfectly content with all my positions....

Looking at VTRS-Q @ 17.65. Might sell JNJ to raise money to buy. It is a merged Co of Mylan and UpJohn. PE 4. Limited growth is the issue but they have amny irons in the fire. If it goes to anticipated PE of 11 this will be a double. Dividend coming in Q1 of 21. Dividend policy is to payout 25% of FCF. 

Just for folks who are interested in SPAC that will either go boom or busts....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/107XxlWIjPdjfrm_T2NDfUCsnFoH7dHhfprNPQZdcH4Y/edit#gid=0

Found a little list here online.  A bit dated, but does give you a quick scope on the size of which group and who is backing them.  Obviously, do your own Due Diligence.  

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

PDAC... Gold star if anybody can figure out why this company is gonna be a monster once they find a merging partner!

Edit: I bought 10,000 warrants @ $1.75

How do you buy warrants? I have Scotia itrade and questrade but I can't even see how to do it. 

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

Just when I was perfectly content with all my positions....

Did you find it though ?!

1 key person I see when doing research is Director Jonathan Silver. He was on the Obama/Biden administration and lead the 70B alternative energy project.

With Biden in office and trying to go green and these guys targeting a company in that field. It could be bigggggg...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, inane said:

How do you buy warrants? I have Scotia itrade and questrade but I can't even see how to do it. 

I don't use questrade or scotia... but usually you search for the warrant ticker.  Usually just adding .ws or .wt to the end.  For PDAC... the warrant ticker is PDAC.WS.  

Edited by Lancaster

On 12/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, Duodenum said:

I really wish I hadn't missed out on FUBO, I had it in my sights but didn't pull the trigger back when it was $11. O well, win some and lose some.

Maybe CURI will be next in the digital streaming space.

I just sold off my FUBO and grabbed a chunk of CURI to add to my little bit from yesterday. 

• Upvote 1