The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

PDAC... Gold star if anybody can figure out why this company is gonna be a monster once they find a merging partner!

Edit: I bought 10,000 warrants @ $1.75

You think the warrants will grow more than the actual stock I assume?

Mr. Silver has served as a policy advisor to four U.S. Cabinet Secretaries – Energy, Commerce, Interior and Treasury. 
Yea some reason I think he may have the inside track with Biden.

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

PDAC... Gold star if anybody can figure out why this company is gonna be a monster once they find a merging partner!

Edit: I bought 10,000 warrants @ $1.75

actually just dumped 2 dogs and took the small increase to buy in.  400 shares, almost risk free set my loss at $1.65 and my limit at $5.00

Literally funny money to toss on this one.  let's see where it goes

18 minutes ago, Russ said:

You think the warrants will grow more than the actual stock I assume?

Not to speak for Ari, but the warrants usually track the commons minus the strike price, plus some insulation priced in. So if the commons go to $15 let's say, its a 50% bump from the current $10 price, which is great! But if the warrants track it, and go to $5, its close to 200%. Thats the benefit of warrants. Its not that they grow more, but the lower buy in = greater % gain. However, in regards to SPAC's, the commons have some safety built in the initial investment if it never merges, whereas the warrants are worthless. Risk/reward...

I have been doing strictly warrants for the past bit and it has worked out great! Just wanted to share my experience. I'm still pretty new at this lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sp3nny said:

Not to speak for Ari, but the warrants usually track the commons minus the strike price, plus some insulation priced in. So if the commons go to $15 let's say, its a 50% bump from the current $10 price, which is great! But if the warrants track it, and go to $5, its close to 200%. Thats the benefit of warrants. Its not that they grow more, but the lower buy in = greater % gain. However, in regards to SPAC's, the commons have some safety built in the initial investment if it never merges, whereas the warrants are worthless. Risk/reward...

I have been doing strictly warrants for the past bit and it has worked out great! Just wanted to share my experience. I'm still pretty new at this lol.

Perfect explanation... I have zero concerns with the team involved. They don’t need to find a company, the company will find them. Combined these guys have handled around 1T in funds in the energy field.

it’s not if it’s a when question with this SPAC.

3 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

Thanks!  I am still learning and figuring them out myself and seen a few people I watch talk about grabbing them quite often so just trying to figure out the risk/reward over them.

13 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Perfect explanation... I have zero concerns with the team involved. They don’t need to find a company, the company will find them. Combined these guys have handled around 1T in funds in the energy field.

it’s not if it’s a when question with this SPAC.

Ah fuuuuu RBC doesnt do warrants unless I call in.... Its impossible to not be on hold for 2+ hours :(

Just now, Russ said:

Ah fuuuuu RBC doesnt do warrants unless I call in.... Its impossible to not be on hold for 2+ hours :(

They should.  

I used to use RBC DI and I was able to purchase warrants.  

Just enter the ticker symbol yourself.  Unless there were some additional forms that were required before you can buy warrants.  

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

They should.  

I used to use RBC DI and I was able to purchase warrants.  

Just enter the ticker symbol yourself.  Unless there were some additional forms that were required before you can buy warrants.  

Finally chatted with them apparently its an issue on their end they are trying to fix, had to change the ending of it, hopefully they get it fixed next time I want to look into possible warrants but good to know it wasn't me.

18 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

As someone new to investing, as well as someone who holds a position in NNDM, can you explain what exactly you mean by that comment?

Opening and closing volume imbalances are posted 10 minutes prior to the open and close. If there are an abundance of orders on either side of the market, say 4 million shares to sell in NNDM it will cause prices to drop unless buyers come in to pair off the imbalance. Initially the closing price on NNDM was indicated at $8.05 but enough buyers came in before the close to pair off some of the imbalance. To close it at $8.77.

If you ever watch CNBC or other business channels you might hear them say at about 15 minutes to the close that there's about $500 million to buy on the close. That's an aggregate total of all the orders. The individual stock imbalances come out at 10  minutes prior top the close.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

That chart did look nice until the government of China got involved.

Sure did, I got out before this craziness so I could enter into PDAC. Blessing in disguise. 

I'm watching extra close for a possible entry, didn't want to transfer any savings over but once the smoke clears it will bounce back hard. Hoping for an entry under $200

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

That chart did look nice until the government of China got involved.

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Sure did, I got out before this craziness so I could enter into PDAC. Blessing in disguise. 

I'm watching extra close for a possible entry, didn't want to transfer any savings over but once the smoke clears it will bounce back hard. Hoping for an entry under $200

Sometimes you wonder if Jack Ma may have lost favour with Winnie the Pooh.  

It's pretty much the end of your life as you know it if they come after you.  

Considering that corruption is how business is run in China, I wonder how many trumped up charges are prepped for Jack....

33 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Considering that corruption is how business is run in China, I wonder how many trumped up charges are prepped for Jack....

I stay clear of companies from China. 

Made money with BABA while back but I stay clear now for the same reason I wouldn’t buy Gazprom stocks.

46 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I think people are beyond wondering that. Fist Ma popped off about financial reform. Then the Ant Group IPO gets pulled a day before launch. Now an anti-trust probe. He's clearly lost favor with Xi. It wouldn't surprise me if he wound up with the Uighers being "re-educated".

This is no different then when some of the oligarchs started talking about Putin's activities in Russia. A few of them quickly wound up in Siberian jails including Mikael Kordovsky, then then richest man in Russia. The rest of them got the message pretty quickly. Putin gets his cut or you get a forced vacation.