The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

41 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Put-call ratio is at a 20 year low of .39 .

Who exactly is going to get squeezed? No one is short.

A few of my holdings have short interest at 38%+ and they are very likely in the red given price action of those stocks. They’ll want to close those positions to write off against 2020 gains. 

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Wowza... Where was the heads up?! That's an unreal price...

I posted about BFT when I got into the warrants in early December. Was the morning after merger news came out I believe? Can't remember now. But I'm not $1.50 low, thats unreal. I'm $2.70. I'm usually too hesitant to actually promote anything, just more of a "this is what I'm doing" kinda thing lol. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-28/cathie-wood-buys-back-option-that-had-threatened-control-of-ark

The fight for control of Ark Investment Management is over after Chief Executive Officer Cathie Wood purchased the option that threatened her control.

Wood entered into an agreement with Resolute Investment Managers that allows her to remain as Ark’s majority shareholder, according to statement Monday. Ark, which has $43.6 billion in assets under management, will retain Resolute’s distribution services for its products.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-28/cathie-wood-buys-back-option-that-had-threatened-control-of-ark

The fight for control of Ark Investment Management is over after Chief Executive Officer Cathie Wood purchased the option that threatened her control.

Wood entered into an agreement with Resolute Investment Managers that allows her to remain as Ark’s majority shareholder, according to statement Monday. Ark, which has $43.6 billion in assets under management, will retain Resolute’s distribution services for its products.

What have we learned?

You can't beat Cathie. 

Edited by Duodenum

58 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Am I the only one getting abused like a drunken prom date right now by the market 

50 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Oh she's bloody out there right now

21 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Now that stimulus has been signed, I expect a bit of a pull back this week, will get into BFT then, bought a VIX short term ETF right now.

Lads, I'd say Dudodenum knew what was up 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Nope. Today and tomorrow will be a lot of selling to lock in losses for 2020 or have capital gains reflect on 2020 taxes. 

aka

spacer.png

Stock trades take 2 days to settle. If you sell tomorrow (Dec 30th) your trade won't settle until 2021 and will reflect on 2021 taxes.

The final day to lock in a taxable gain for 2020 is today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Quick 1 day 10% on the ETF, now time to build on my positions in TTCF and STPK on the dips. Added BFT in the 15s.

Anybody see any good oversold stocks?

Edited by Duodenum

50 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Stock trades take 2 days to settle. If you sell tomorrow (Dec 30th) your trade won't settle until 2021 and will reflect on 2021 taxes.

The final day to lock in a taxable gain for 2020 is today.

Damn it's already the 29th. Can't keep track of the days during the holidays. Thought it was the 28th :lol:

On 12/12/2020 at 10:13 AM, HI5 said:

-Got the alert from Bloomberg about CIIC from twitter notifications I set for GillianTan (found her via atlas), that they were merging with Arrival. This was my first really big win and I bought my first mass warrant buy at 10,000 warrants for $1.75. I eventually sold early for $3.90 and it went on to hit $7+.  I’d be lying if it didn’t bother me, but I can’t complain about the profits I made. 

-Next I bought GIK warrants 15,000 for $1.49 and flipped them for $1.92 (which also ended up going a lot higher after). 

-Then I bought almost 7000 warrants in NBAC for $1.96 again sold early for $2.67 (I think they went much higher too). 

-Flipped ACAM/QELL warrants real quick in there somewhere.

BREZW warrants, under $1... Cheappppppp....