AV's Coin

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

32 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol, of course today PLUG gets a 1.5 billion investment. @AriGold2.0

Wowza... Amazing, wish I bought more then 500 shares.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol, of course today PLUG gets a 1.5 billion investment. @AriGold2.0

PLUG @ 16.10 and CLSK @ 8.80 are my two largest unrealized P/L.  Both had good days again.

37 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

PLUG @ 16.10 and CLSK @ 8.80 are my two largest unrealized P/L.  Both had good days again.

PLUG to 50 imo 

15 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Plug at $46 today lol

Any of you into QBTC .  Its the bitcoin fund....been buying doses the past few weeks .  My palms are sweating now ...how can it keep climbing like this.  Gonna stop DCA'ing until there is a pull back,,,

51 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Plug at $46 today lol

And CLSK is up to $41.  Both stocks have been very nice to me thus far.

Been trying to get into it for an hr now, but its been halted for a bit. But Chamath is taking Sofi public with IPOE. Its already had a big pop, hence the halt, but its a pretty big deal as far as SPAC's go. Waiting for a little pullback with my limit order.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Well this has been a decent start to the day.

Dude, it's been amazing haha..

45 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

Been trying to get into it for an hr now, but its been halted for a bit. But Chamath is taking Sofi public with IPOE. Its already had a big pop, hence the halt, but its a pretty big deal as far as SPAC's go. Waiting for a little pullback with my limit order.

Yeah I'm very very lucky I got an order in just minutes before the 1st halt. Snagged 750 shares, just averaged up to 1000 shares @ $15.84

• Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1

BTF up and down between +10% and +20% all day. Just kept selling high and buying low... I use WealthSimple for CDN stocks because I get free trades but don't have to worry about the currency conversion. Probably put in 10-15 limit buys/sells. Altogether probably my first "big" day since I started. 

Where do you guys find the stocks to day trade?

I've been investing for a while and did a bit of trading back in April-July, but most of it is from word of mouth. How do I find my own stocks (which websites, books to use, etc)? 

28 minutes ago, Kooner91 said:

I've been investing for a while and did a bit of trading back in April-July, but most of it is from word of mouth. How do I find my own stocks (which websites, books to use, etc)? 

On CDC of course!  ;)

I'm mostly focused on SPAC's right now, so I use this: SPACTrack.net SPAC List -- Notable Leadership (9.17.2020) - Google Sheets

A bit dated, but a good starting point.  Research them a bit, then just check what people are saying online, on Reddit, etc.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kooner91 said:

You need a scanner and a real time news feed. Any decent scanner will scan for anything you want such as % gainers, % losers, most active, 52 week highs, etc.

Here's a shot of one of the scanners I use, It scans for % gainers. You can filter out whatever you want. I filter out stocks under $1 and OTC stocks.

scanner.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Hydration 1

13 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

@nuckin_futz that looks like something out of Windows 97

Yeah the Interactive Brokers interface is ugly but it works just fine. A scanner like Trade Ideas will run you $89 USD/month. IB's is free. I'd rather not flush $1100 USD/year if I don't need to. :)

• Hydration 2

7 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Is SRPT a buying opportunity right now?

eww... imagine holding that right now.

image.png.7aad9384fdba6e732248a235c7462452.png