Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Okay... who recommended ASLE?  

I know somebody did....

If it did well it was me, if it didn't then it was.. @inane

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

BTF up and down between +10% and +20% all day. Just kept selling high and buying low... I use WealthSimple for CDN stocks because I get free trades but don't have to worry about the currency conversion. Probably put in 10-15 limit buys/sells. Altogether probably my first "big" day since I started. 

I wish I could scalp BFT.. I dont want to ruin my 12.08 AVG.. I want to set up a WeBull account just to scalp it, i've been watching it so closely I feel like I know every move it's going to make.

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

On CDC of course!  ;)

I'm mostly focused on SPAC's right now, so I use this: SPACTrack.net SPAC List -- Notable Leadership (9.17.2020) - Google Sheets

A bit dated, but a good starting point.  Research them a bit, then just check what people are saying online, on Reddit, etc.  

Thats dope, basically all i do is SPAC's now, I do the odd penny for kicks.

5 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Is SRPT a buying opportunity right now?

Gigantic pipeline, other good news is waiting in the wings. It will forsure go back up but the 3 days after a tank are the most volatile. If you really want to buy then take a starter position with 25% of what you want to purchase overall tomorrow on a dip. Be prepared to verage down.

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yeah the Interactive Brokers interface is ugly but it works just fine. A scanner like Trade Ideas will run you $89 USD/month. IB's is free. I'd rather not flush $1100 USD/year if I don't need to. :)

Uglier the better, easier to read, no ads and it's free!

5 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

eww... imagine holding that right now.

Even worst the CEO sold 6M worth of shares last week, what a doucher..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I want to set up a WeBull account just to scalp it, i've been watching it so closely I feel like I know every move it's going to make.

Canadians cannot open WeBull accounts.

4 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

When you're at the screens for long hours the easier on the eyes the better.

It's free after paying for data entitlements of $180/mo.

2 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Now that I didn't know. I had a Questrade account but hated it.

It's not a WeBull thing. It's a Canadian government thing. They think a broker is a broker and we have them in Canada so just open one in Canada. They either do not understand different brokers offer different services or they do not care. It's annoying.

I was recently shopping for a 2nd broker. Looked at CenterPoint Securities and Cobra Trading. Both stopped accepting Canadian clients awhile ago. Very annoying.

10 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

If it did well it was me, if it didn't then it was.. @inane

I wish I could scalp BFT.. I dont want to ruin my 12.08 AVG.. I want to set up a WeBull account just to scalp it, i've been watching it so closely I feel like I know every move it's going to make.

Thats dope, basically all i do is SPAC's now, I do the odd penny for kicks.

Gigantic pipeline, other good news is waiting in the wings. It will forsure go back up but the 3 days after a tank are the most volatile. If you really want to buy then take a starter position with 25% of what you want to purchase overall tomorrow on a dip. Be prepared to verage down.

Even worst the CEO sold 6M worth of shares last week, what a doucher..

This was BITF (got the ticker mixed up):

J4v8aXO.png

Edited by Down by the River

I have a project this weekend and am looking for some ideas. The Mrs. has some money in her TFSA that we are looking to invest. About 15k or so. My TFSA is weighted to more green/EV with some telecom blue chips, energy, Apple, RBC, BMO etc. Her TFSA has mostly VGRO (vanguard growth fund) just to generally follow the equity market.

We monitor her TFSA much less because she is less interested in this stuff, so we are looking for more set and forget plays. I am looking at companies like Transalta Renewables (RNW) and we will probably nab some more VGRO.

Any other ideas out there?

On 12/31/2020 at 3:41 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

March 31st 2021 Predictions

BFT - $31.47

DKNG - $57.23

PSTH - $47.00

AMZN - $4000.00

CRM - $297

BFT - That should be right around merger date and it will just rip...

DKNG - So much uncertainty but the next earnings call should be the biggest in company history.

PSTH - Everybody is waiting to see who Bill Ackman has teamed up with, should be an instant double up.

AMZN - Christmas + Earnings = HULK

CRM - Overreaction to the price paid for Slack, next earnings should be fire. 

Great calls for these 2 so far.  

I'm mad I didn't pick up the warrants for PSTH.  

Edited by Lancaster

10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

DMGI.V

Made me bank this morning.  A group that formed to help facilitate crypto currency mining in North America.

I initially bought @ $1.20 a few years back.  Considered it a lost cause when it went down to $0.04.... now it's $2.25.  Not sure what to feel....

12 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I have a project this weekend and am looking for some ideas. The Mrs. has some money in her TFSA that we are looking to invest. About 15k or so. My TFSA is weighted to more green/EV with some telecom blue chips, energy, Apple, RBC, BMO etc. Her TFSA has mostly VGRO (vanguard growth fund) just to generally follow the equity market.

We monitor her TFSA much less because she is less interested in this stuff, so we are looking for more set and forget plays. I am looking at companies like Transalta Renewables (RNW) and we will probably nab some more VGRO.

Any other ideas out there?

AQN by a country mile..