The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I love some of my ARK/Tesla/ETF groups every time they see this they go "omg shes cutting the stock and getting out, whys she doing this".... Always wish people used the search to see the daily/weekly adds and gains of tesla lol

I love how she is continuing buy palantir

17 hours ago, Russ said:

I love some of my ARK/Tesla/ETF groups every time they see this they go "omg shes cutting the stock and getting out, whys she doing this".... Always wish people used the search to see the daily/weekly adds and gains of tesla lol

this might come to an end.

What do you think is the rationale behind Cathie Wood cutting the stock in Tesla?

Is the timing just a coincidence?

Over the last couple of weeks we heard that Lucid Motors will go public and that they are going to launch EV  in spring in the U.S. and in Europe before year end.

I ll give you a short summary of Tesla's competitors:

- XPENG, Nio, BYD and the German Car manufacturers (VW, BMW, Daimler, Porsche) in China & Europe

- Lucid Motors. Lucid was founded back in 2007 and developed batteries for E-.buses originally. That's the reason why their battery for EV's has a higher reach than Tesla's.

CEO of Lucid, Rawlinson was a former head of engineering at Tesla, head of production at Lucid is Hochholdinger , a former head of production at Tesla.

- Rivian is up and coming. Their battery technology is as good as Tesla's.

Both, Rivian and Lucid are going to attack Tesla on the norh american market. And believe me both EV manufactures are going to launch damn good cars, super design and high end battery technology.

Mentioned in one of my previous posts that Tesla is can sell only a portion of its Shanghai produced EV in China. They are going to run in production - overcapacities, because their short and mid - term sales forecast is ambitous / overly optimistic.

Tesla's lowered their selling prices for the German Market to match the cheaper selling price of Daimler's EV resulting in a lower gross margin. Of course I do know that US- analysts don't pay attention to profits and gross margin. They only look at the top-line (revenue) and growth. Both of them will be under intense pressure beginning in 2021.

This party will come to an end. That's for sure.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:51 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Yeah I didn’t short, just bought deep out of the money puts as lotto tickets. $41 strike feb 9. Didn’t cost much, already up 10% will cut them if another squeeze starts in pre market Monday 

Sorry bud...at least you didn't bet big. I wouldn't either....what most retail shorts fail to see is short ratio is still at or over 100%. This could go on for another two weeks based on days to cover.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

What do you think is the rationale behind Cathie Wood cutting the stock in Tesla?

Over the last couple of weeks we heard that Lucid Motors will go public and that they are going to launch EV  in spring in the U.S. and in Europe before year end.

- XPENG, Nio, BYD and the German Car manufacturers (VW, BMW, Daimler, Porsche) in China & Europe

- Lucid Motors. Lucid was founded back in 2007 and developed batteries for E-.buses originally. That's the reason why their battery for EV's has a higher reach than Tesla's.

CEO of Lucid, Rawlinson was a former head of engineering at Tesla, head of production at Lucid is Hochholdinger , a former head of production at Tesla.

Both, Rivian and Lucid are going to attack Tesla on the norh american market. And believe me both EV manufactures are going to launch damn good cars, super design and high end battery technology.

Mentioned in one of my previous posts that Tesla is can sell only a portion of its Shanghai produced EV in China. They are going to run in production - overcapacities, because their short and mid - term sales forecast is ambitous / overly optimistic.

Tesla's lowered their selling prices for the German Market to match the cheaper selling price of Daimler's EV resulting in a lower gross margin. Of course I do know that US- analysts don't pay attention to profits and gross margin. They only look at the top-line (revenue) and growth. Both of them will be under intense pressure beginning in 2021.

She has to... the more TSLA's price increases the more she has to sell so that it does not become >10% of the ETF. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

Sorry bud...at least you didn't bet big. I wouldn't either....what most retail shorts fail to see is short ratio is still at or over 100%. This could go on for another two weeks based on days to cover.

Hahaha yeah I market sold right at open. Bought 1/29 $150 calls to ride the gme wave and sold them at 105 after the dip to 88. Just to break even after the loss on the puts. This is so fascinating to watch from the sidelines.

2 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

This was a lot of effort to try and explain why one of the biggest tesla bulls sold SOME of her Tesla because she has to maintain 10% weight and has nothing to do with her outlook for the stock. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2021 at 7:51 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Yeah I didn’t short, just bought deep out of the money puts as lotto tickets. $41 strike feb 9. Didn’t cost much, already up 10% will cut them if another squeeze starts in pre market Monday 

Should've trusted my gut c'mon NPF rookie mistake