The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

26 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Hard to feel bad for Wall St. when they've been doing this for years.  As soon as regular people start to make money "it's dangerous".

Thousands and millions of individuals making their own financial decisions and making an impact on the markets.... what's that word again?

Oh yes... free market capitalism.  

What these firms want is cronyism.... work some angle to transfer wealth to them from everyone else.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

So the market is consistently manipulated by the federal reserve, banks, wall street. 

That's all ok but now some Reddit users rally behind GameStop and THIS is wrong and requires regulation LMAO

The market has always been corrupt and manipulated. One hedge fund gets kicked to the ground for making and insane bet (which is probably the thing which needs to be regulated/investigated) and now CNBC and fund managers are crying about "fundamentals" and the marketing being disconnected.

This is freakin hilarious

Edited by themcdeal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

So the market is consistently manipulated by the federal reserve, banks, wall street. 

That's all ok but now some Reddit users rally behind GameStop and THIS is wrong and requires regulation LMAO

The market has always been corrupt and manipulated. One hedge fund gets kicked to the ground for making and insane bet (which is probably the thing which needs to be regulated/investigated) and now CNBC and fund managers are crying about "fundamentals" and the marketing being disconnected.

This is freakin hilarious

Chamath's argument that Reddit investors are sophisticated was hilarious. They are some of the biggest degenerate gamblers you'll ever see. A couple of them figured out you can run shorts out by buying OTM calls and every moron followed. Wait until all their stocks gap down. That will be the end of them.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Chamath's argument that Reddit investors are sophisticated was hilarious. They are some of the biggest degenerate gamblers you'll ever see. A couple of them figured out you can run shorts out by buying OTM calls and every moron followed. Wait until all their stocks gap down. That will be the end of them.

The smart (relative) ones likely got out

The ones that deserve to be taught a lesson are the ones buying GME at 350

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

The smart (relative) ones likely got out

The ones that deserve to be taught a lesson are the ones buying GME at 350

Yeah they got out. But they made their money gambling and I guarantee they will lose it gambling. Most of these people are not exactly sophisticated.

The ones buying GME at $350 won't be around in 2 weeks.

16 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Only 49 out of my 50 positions went down today.

I should have invested in some Astroglide... would have made my day a bit less painful.  

50 positions! I have 32 and feel like I need to trim...

BB

MDP.V
YES.V
FUBO

FSLY

QUIS.V 

all green today. lots more red though lol

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yeah they got out. But they made their money gambling and I guarantee they will lose it gambling. Most of these people are not exactly sophisticated.

The ones buying GME at $350 won't be around in 2 weeks.

I bought one share above $320 to join the revolution and for the meme. I'll be around in 2 weeks. 

:bigblush:

P.s. I have a stop at $300 so $20 something is well worth telling this story in the future. LOL

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I bought one share above $320 to join the revolution and for the meme. I'll be around in 2 weeks. 

:bigblush:

P.s. I have a stop at $300 so $20 something is well worth telling this story in the future. LOL

Did your stop execute? It just hit $290.