The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

NOK earnings reports come out tomorrow along with reports of their contracts and new enterprises for 2021 and to end 2020.  reported roughly 20 million units sold in phone sales (right?) over 100 5g contracts signed.  

They might miss their estimate by some accounts but should be good for 10-20 percent

33 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Now these gambling donkeys are running stocks in after hours for shi*z and giggles.

AVXL, SAVA, CPSH

I just treat all these pharma stonks as literal slot machines. You lose most of the time but if it pays out, it pays out huge. Then proceed to eat back all the winnings in swift fashion. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

So what you're saying is I shouldn't have sold SAVA at $18.00 a week ago ? :picard:

Ari!  So you're the one who sold me my shares?!  Thanks bro!

To bad I sold half at my stop loss at $62 yesterday :( Oh well no FOMO after that 2 week run. 

Probably set my stop loss for my last half at like $70 just to lock in those other profits and if it takes off that will be even more awesome.

Edited by Russ

Move over Tesla.... here comes Apples / KIA.  Autonomous.    ICar. ....    going to be quite the wild  ride the next 5 yrs for EV's..... 

I think there is more than enough room for 5-6 major players.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Loved the action for CCIV, is it due to reddit or is it imminent on the Lucid deal? Up 112% so far!

i might buy 5 cciv stock tomorrow i hope that lucid deal goes through this month should be a good stock if it happens  might but one apple stock  i bought 2 tesla stock and am up 85 usd since monday  

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, canuktravella said:

i might buy 5 cciv stock tomorrow i hope that lucid deal goes through this month should be a good stock if it happens  might but one apple stock  i bought 2 tesla stock and am up 85 usd since monday  

You may already be doig this but for long term 'savings' like investments index funds or total market ETFs are a good place to park money relatively stress free. Leave some room left over for companies you believe in - in your case apple, tesla, cciv etc. Apple is relatively safe but Tesla and especially CCIV are risky.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:59 PM, Wolfgang Durst said:

EV cars expected to be launched in 2021 by car maker:

VW:    Audi e-tron GT, VW I.D4, Taycan Cross Turismo, Audi Q4 e-tron, VW I.D.5

BMW: BMW iX, BMW i4

Lucid:  Lucid Air

Daimler/Mercedes: EQS , EQE

BYD:   BYD Han

XPENG: XPENG 7

Nio:     Nio ET7

Tesla will face fierce competition in 2021. Things will get worse for them.

Sounds like Apple is set to enter the car market:

another rival for Tesla.

58 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Sounds like Apple is set to enter the car market:

another rival for Tesla.

Own both :)

People are questioning the Hyundai partnership but as that analyst in your video states; Hyundai is very well respected in the global auto industry. The biggest market for autonomous driving is going to be Asia anyway, so an Asian automaker makes sense. Now, the thing here is that execution is key for Apple. They transitioned from computers to phones flawlessly. They will have to more or less do the same here. The good thing is that they have 150b in cash to help.

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

You may already be doig this but for long term 'savings' like investments index funds or total market ETFs are a good place to park money relatively stress free. Leave some room left over for companies you believe in - in your case apple, tesla, cciv etc. Apple is relatively safe but Tesla and especially CCIV are risky.

tesla  has  tons of growth in next few yrs    im on board and yes apple is a good stock. i know cciv risky  we will see

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

12.38 CLOV add for the post-Hindencrap bump 

I guess some on Reddit are wondering why Hindenburg would publish this so early.  The stock could easily run up more which makes it a tastier target to short. 

A shot at Chamath for his recent tweet attacking short sellers?

10 hours ago, 250Integra said:

https://vgacquisition.com/press_release/23andme-to-merge-with-virgin-groups-vg-acquisition-corp/

VGAC taking 23andme public. I know one of you guys (ARI?) talked about this SPAC months ago.

Yessir, that was me. I suspect Cathie will be all over this one. She's a big 23&Me fan.

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

12.38 CLOV add for the post-Hindencrap bump 

Only Chamath company I've openly disliked. I actually agree with Hindenberg.