The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So did anyone buy GME at $3 and sell at $400?  Asking for a friend.  My raise doesn't kick in until next year so just trying to make ends meet for now...  -_-

Does the opposite count?  I got in at $200, lol.  

I was hoping it would bounce a bit for one more week or so.  

But hey... you never know.... VW (albeit different circumstances) had the same thing happen... only for it to really get short squeezed...

Image result for vw short squeeze

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

Does the opposite count?  I got in at $200, lol.  

I was hoping it would bounce a bit for one more week or so.  

But hey... you never know.... VW (albeit different circumstances) had the same thing happen... only for it to really get short squeezed...

Image result for vw short squeeze

that was insane - nearly hit the Euro 1.000 mark - .

7 hours ago, TGokou said:

I'm probably as close as they come at least on this board and you'll see my posts back in April if you search. Bought a lot at $4-6 but sold most of it on the way up. My big sells were at  $140 and $375.

What exactly prompted you to buy a year ago?

CONX – 750M SPAC with no merging partner yet. - https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/CONX 

The SPAC was created on October 26th 2020 and has 24 months from prospectus to find a merging partner. 

Chairman of CONX – Charles Ergen, founder and former CEO of DISH. 

Target According to the S-1 – “We intend to focus our search on identifying a prospective target that can benefit from our operational expertise in the technology, media and telecommunications industry, including the wireless communications industry.” 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1823000/000110465920117867/tm2029435-7_s1.htm 

On Thursday January 28th CONX released a 8-K indicating they have added a new director to the team.   https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1823000/000110465921008811/tm213903d1_8k.htm 

That director is Adrian Steckel. Adrian was the former CEO of OneWeb https://www.oneweb.world/  

OneWeb (formerly WorldVu Satellites Ltd) is a global communications company building a capability to deliver broadband satellite internet services to a geographically global demographic.[4][7] with offices in California,[8] The company is headquartered in London, England, United Kingdom and has a satellite manufacturing facility in Florida – OneWeb Satellites – that is a joint venture with Airbus Defence and Space.

Adrian Steckel, continues as an Adviser to the Board. Adrian joined OneWeb as CEO in September 2018 and has guided OneWeb through three successful launches, delivering 74 satellites into orbit, and securing priority spectrum use rights for OneWeb. In December 2020, OneWeb launched 36 new satellites, built at its Airbus Joint Venture assembly plant in Florida, USA, bringing the Company’s total fleet to 110 satellites, all fully-functioning and benefitting from International Telecommunication Union spectrum priority. They have raised over 1.4B to date and with the capital raised they will be fully funded for its first-generation satellite fleet, totaling 648 satellites, by the end of 2022. 

OneWeb is going head-to-head with Elon Musk and SpaceX/Starlink. 

image.png.443144daa897a6bd03cb85e1f1d3054a.png

image.png.b3a160d0f939843ab12b4bd4d83cbc01.png

https://techmonitor.ai/internet-of-things/connectivity/satellite-broadband-future-1trn-space-economy 

In conclusion I suspect that CONX is attempting to merge with OneWeb. The target, current valuation and teams all make sense. 

The current price of CONX is close to NAV @ $10.57. Even if OneWeb isn’t the merging partner I suspect this SPAC will be a winner. Only question is when ?! 

I currently own 10,000 warrants and 1000 Class A shares and will hold till a merging partner is found.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:10 AM, AriGold2.0 said:

Sure did, I got out before this craziness so I could enter into PDAC. Blessing in disguise. 

I'm watching extra close for a possible entry, didn't want to transfer any savings over but once the smoke clears it will bounce back hard. Hoping for an entry under $200

Don't know if you heard the rumors flying around of them merging with ReNew, and after watching a video with Harry Dent (who I can honestly say I don't really know much about) yesterday and him bringing up how he thinks India could be one of the biggest boom economies very soon, even bigger than China, that could be really promising.

I guess we will see if it happens.

2 minutes ago, HI5 said:

This is the chart of someone who is front loaded and takes profits after pumping his holdings. Fck this guy. 

584B0F75-31BC-4C68-96E5-8E1439A4959E.jpeg

Can say that but we'd all trade places with him.

Hell, I would.

I should have held in to my 13,000 shares of ZOM....

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, HI5 said:

This is the chart of someone who is front loaded and takes profits after pumping his holdings. Fck this guy. 

Yeah, the powerful hedgefund managers creeped in Reddit to pump the holdings they bought several months/quarters before with some messages. Retail investors jumped on the bandwaggon and might have lost lots of money with GameStop, AMC, Bed Bath & Beyond. No way, the retail investors will prevail in this battle. Hedgefund managers are just too smart enough to take advantage of the reddit crowd.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Hey hey hey let him keep pumping IPWR please......

But guy is a smart investor, knows which stocks are good, low risk, buys at a low point then brings them along.  A few people on twitter I follow are like that.  One is some chick named SuperDuperInvst, she does a good job realizing good companies but lately pumped a few penny stocks (like completely unknown stocks) and likes to brag that shes "beating all the wallstreet guys" with 2000% stocks when its virtually no float penny stocks and suddenly thousands of followers are dumping money in them.  Her regular SPAC/pricier stock calls are usually pretty good though but I can't stand pennies, I am not a fan of them and their pumps.

Buttttt if I could swap places and have my portfolio like that, I would do that in a second and have my family retired well and helping lots of other people.

I will say PJ does have some good info on his discord for learning though but yea a lot of it is pumping, just like most of twitter/stocktwits/etc.

Edited by Russ
  • Cheers 1