AV's Coin

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Bond yields surging today.

US 10 yr yield +5.99% to 1.272%

Canada 10 yr +6.58%

UK 10 yr GILT +7.17%

German 10 yr Bund +6.25%

Equities finally getting the message.

Is this the slap back or just a smack upside the head to get people's attention I wonder

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just waiting on word of their lawsuit settlement.

I've $400 in, and will hold for the year on it and see what happens.

I bought a million DRNK shares a few weeks back because I liked the ticker 'DRNK', well I found out that they're merging with another company (SNNC) and there will be no reverse split upon merger. SNNC is currently $0.13

Be interested to see how this one plays out, DRNK is currently .0022 vs SNNC .013

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

I bought a million DRNK shares a few weeks back because I liked the ticker 'DRNK', well I found out that they're merging with another company (SNNC) and there will be no reverse split upon merger. SNNC is currently $0.13

Be interested to see how this one plays out, DRNK is currently .0022 vs SNNC .013

Hahahaha as long as you make money and don't lose your arse it's a good thing

9 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Exactly.. I have spent 300$ on far worse lol

I never dip over or under that $5000 initial I started with.  I play within those boundaries and everything above that is banked as profit.  I bargain shop my stocks which kinda sucks and keeps profits down, but it also gives me the ability to not worry as much.

$400 on this?  Ha, i've blown more for less on a regretful bar tab.  Hell I spent $600 to watch Game 5 Canucks vs Wild in 2003.....

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

This stock trades on the OTC (Over The Counter) market. AKA The Pink Sheets or as they are affectionately referred to as the "Pink Sh*ts".

These are companies that do not meet the listing requirements of Nasdaq, NYSE or Amex. Basically it's a Wild West exchange for POS companies that often exist as scams. That said you can still make dough flipping them.

As the above message from Reddit shows the person in question had to phone in to the trade desk to execute their trade on OTC. That may be a rule at CIBC. The poster in question goes by the handle "livesinvic" so perhaps they live in Victoria. I take it you're in Vernon? So both from BC.

The error message you got is very bizarre. There is no blanket ruling from the BCSC (BC Securities Commission) banning trading in OTC stocks. I'd call into the CIBC trade desk to get a definitive answer.  Maybe report back to the thread when you get an answer as I am sure some here are curious.

Thanks for all the info! I'll try and get a hold of CIBC this week and see if I can find an explanation that I can share here. 

Also got it on OZSC as well so that's really weird.

18 hours ago, Russ said:

Maybe try tomorrow during market hours?  I know I seem to have issues with some OTC stocks while others work just fine.  Heck I bought DSGT in the past, ran it up and cashed out, looked to get back in and was getting rejected when I tried to buy, then one day it worked.  I know one I see people post a lot is TAUG and I can't seem to buy it via RBC ever, every time I have tried its gotten rejected, which is too bad because first time I wanted to buy it, I would have had a decent return by now.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it during market hours and received the same error message. Incredibly frustrating.

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Bond yields surging today.

US 10 yr yield +5.99% to 1.272%

Canada 10 yr +6.58%

UK 10 yr GILT +7.17%

German 10 yr Bund +6.25%

Equities finally getting the message.

Expecting a pull back to the 50 day moving average which would be about a retracement of 4.5%.

Not buying until we're  back to the averages 

• Hydration 1

3 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Thanks for all the info! I'll try and get a hold of CIBC this week and see if I can find an explanation that I can share here. 

Also got it on OZSC as well so that's really weird.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it during market hours and received the same error message. Incredibly frustrating.

I can't trade any OTC stocks with my TFSA. Atleast any time I've tried its always denied it.

• Hydration 1

On 2/8/2021 at 6:30 AM, Warhippy said:

You don't have to buy bitcoin, but data miners and blockchain companies can make you bank.

Gblc

Cstr

On 2/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, filthycanuck said:

Thanks for the GBLC recommendation a few weeks ago, jumped on it when you mentioned it, nice little double up for me!

On 2/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, Warhippy said:

i dove out at 19 cents this morning about bought back in at 15.5 cents, made close to $4k on that.

Hot damn...42,500 shares at an average of 9.5 cents a share.

I made BANK today !!!!!

• Hydration 2
  • Huggy Bear 1