The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

TMTS Warrants.. Currently trading at $1.37 which is very cheap for a 250M spac. It's the management team that brought Fisker to the market.

I'm not sure why I'm mentioning it now because I'm not done loading but yeah.. She's looking real good..

S-1 - https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1822553/000121390020028707/fs12020_spartacusacquisition.htm#T9

Yahoo Link - https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/TMTSW?p=TMTSW

I put an order in for 10,000 @ $1.30 but it took off shortly after. Was only able to fill 2610 warrants. Still looking to add at least another 2390 because I'm a freak for even numbers..

Edit: They're searching for TMT companies.

Are warrants like options? Not too familiar how SPACS work and why you would purchase warrants instead of regular shares. 

31 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

Are warrants like options? Not too familiar how SPACS work and why you would purchase warrants instead of regular shares. 

Warrants trade like common shares without the bottom safety net ($10 for spac commons). They offer the opportunity for more gains, but the risk is that they can expire (usually like 5 year expiry) and are subject to bigger swings. I think the company can also require warrants to be exercised in which they are converted to common shares at the warrant price plus the strike price

If anyone is interested in political theatre tomorrow is the Congressional GameStop hearing.

On deck are RobinHood CEO Vlad Tenev, Citadel CEO Ken Griffin, Melvin Capital CEO Gabe Plotkin, Reddit co-founder Steve Huffman, Reddit Trader Keith Gill.

The gong show starts at 9 AM PST.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themcdeal said:

Warrants are just the right to purchase a share at a specified price.  Most SPACs has their warrants with the right to purchase commons for $11.50 once it reach a certain threshold (X number of days after merger, etc).  

Should it comes time where you're allowed to redeem the warrants and the price of a share is just $10... your warrants are worthless as why would you want to buy a share at a pre-set price of $11.50 when it's available on the market at $10.  

On the other hand, if suddenly the common stocks are now sold for $91.50... your warrant has a value of approximately $80 (intrinsic value and other caveats may influence prices).  

Depending on how much you paid for warrants, it could easily be a great windfall or a very risky bet.  

For SPAC, the safer option are commons as they generally have a minimal value of $10 (should the SPAC fail, they will return the money).  Warrants has no such protection thus you will lose everything.  

I personally am only investing in SPAC via warrants.  I probably got at least 30+ different ones happening.  A few homeruns like CCIV and QS, a few with very good returns like BFT and WPF, a few laggards like TREB and AMCI.  

All in all, SPAC is a really hot market right now... probably going to be a bubble... just no one is really sure if this is the beginning, the middle or the end of a bubble.  

For any of you in PLTR............

Palantir Faces Big Test as 80% of Shares Unlock for Trading

(Bloomberg) -- Palantir Technologies Inc. has amassed a long list of shareholders in the nearly two decades since it was founded. On Thursday, almost all of them will have the option to sell as much of their stock as they’d like for the first time.

Four-fifths of shares will become eligible to trade when the market opens, the result of an unusual restriction placed on stockholders when Palantir went public. Such lockups are common after initial public offerings but less so for companies that list their shares directly on an exchange, as Palantir did on the New York Stock Exchange in September.

Two longtime investors said in interviews that they will hold, but at least one other, billionaire George Soros, has publicly signaled his plans to exit. The shares were down 4.4% in early trading in New York.

More in the link ... https://finance.yahoo.com/news/palantir-faces-big-test-80-100000156.html

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

For any of you in PLTR............

Palantir Faces Big Test as 80% of Shares Unlock for Trading

(Bloomberg) -- Palantir Technologies Inc. has amassed a long list of shareholders in the nearly two decades since it was founded. On Thursday, almost all of them will have the option to sell as much of their stock as they’d like for the first time.

Four-fifths of shares will become eligible to trade when the market opens, the result of an unusual restriction placed on stockholders when Palantir went public. Such lockups are common after initial public offerings but less so for companies that list their shares directly on an exchange, as Palantir did on the New York Stock Exchange in September.

Two longtime investors said in interviews that they will hold, but at least one other, billionaire George Soros, has publicly signaled his plans to exit. The shares were down 4.4% in early trading in New York.

More in the link ... https://finance.yahoo.com/news/palantir-faces-big-test-80-100000156.html

Wow 80% of shares.  Wow thats gonna be MASSIVE influx in the market.

Just Another SPAC Files for U.S. IPO (Really, That’s the Name)

With filings by blank-companies flooding in at a record pace, one new listing captures the spirit of the surge.

Just Another Acquisition Corp. filed on Tuesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to raise $60 million for an acquisition in an unspecified sector.

Thirty trading days into the year, 145 new special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, have gone public in the U.S. -- an average of 4.8 per day. At this pace, it will take less than a month for the volume to surpass last year’s $83 billion, which is more than the previous decade combined, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Just Another Acquisition will look for targets with a valuation of $300 million to $1.0 billion including debt, according to its filing.

Philip Wagenheim, a former managing partner at Broadband Capital Partners LLC, is chief executive officer, chief financial officer and chairman of the SPAC.

Ladenburg Thalmann is the adviser of the offering. Just Another Acquisition seeks trade on the Nasdaq Capital Market under the symbol JAAC.

:lol:

32 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Is the drop today due to the GME hearing?  Are people worried about potential changes coming?

I think unemployment numbers were also coming out or something? Not sure on that though, I haven't looked into it. It could just be a natural correction, a lot of hype out there right now. A lot of new investors flooding the market... a lot of 'stonks only go up' feel

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

Is the drop today due to the GME hearing?  Are people worried about potential changes coming?

I'm still wondering how they're still trying to get RoaringKitty on market manipulation when he has been laying everything out on Reddit for like over a year.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1