The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

Finally a red day for my portfolio. 

At least the Canucks won last night.

Added AIKI today. That's about it. Nice GSAH pop at the end of the day. 

Edit: lol if after hours counted towards the daily p/l that questrade tracks, I'd likely have broken even with this move GSAH is making in after hours.

edit 2: nvm didn't see cciv dropped back below 60

Edited by NucksPatsFan

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Finally a red day for my portfolio. 

At least the Canucks won last night.

Added AIKI today. That's about it. Nice GSAH pop at the end of the day. 

Edit: lol if after hours counted towards the daily p/l that questrade tracks, I'd likely have broken even with this move GSAH is making in after hours.

edit 2: nvm didn't see cciv dropped back below 60

Congrats...I bought AIKI yesterday at 1.68 :picard:

5 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Any one here use Questrade? 

I do but am very new to the game. I have 3 accounts there - a questwealth RRSP, a margin account and a TFSA. I am getting a pretty big merger payout in USD so needed the margin account as my holding area to convert funds with norberts, then to transfer to my limits to the TFSA and RRSP accounts. Will be a couple months yet so just trying to soak up some of the excellent info in this thread in the meantime. Looking forward to (hopefully) watching it grow. Can’t say too much about the platform yet. The mobile site/ app can be a little slow but I really have nothing to compare it to. 

31 minutes ago, zapperman said:

I do but am very new to the game. I have 3 accounts there - a questwealth RRSP, a margin account and a TFSA. I am getting a pretty big merger payout in USD so needed the margin account as my holding area to convert funds with norberts, then to transfer to my limits to the TFSA and RRSP accounts. Will be a couple months yet so just trying to soak up some of the excellent info in this thread in the meantime. Looking forward to (hopefully) watching it grow. Can’t say too much about the platform yet. The mobile site/ app can be a little slow but I really have nothing to compare it to. 

The mobile portion is what I am interested in. I want a mobile app that allows for work. 

Well I thought with all the red days and how Tesla has been slacking lately, I would go and try to short it, see if I could make enough to pick up an extra couple shares, well bastard is headed back up.  I should have known better. 

Frustrated Head GIF by swerk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Wow.... flash crash of CCIV... especially the warrants.

I was panicking when I saw it drop from $40 to $10 for a brief moment.... :sick:

When I saw that I was like "holy crap I hope Lancaster didn't have low stops just chilling from a while back lol

Just now, Russ said:

When I saw that I was like "holy crap I hope Lancaster didn't have low stops just chilling from a while back lol

It has always been a fear of mine to be "raided".  Hence I never put any stop-losses.  

It was terrible for that short period of time where I literally lost Ferrari money... but the bright side that it bounced back up.  Plus I've already sold enough to cover my initial investment, thus it's risk-free (although it would still suck to lose all that gains).

• Cheers 2