The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

3 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

It has always been a fear of mine to be "raided".  Hence I never put any stop-losses.  

It was terrible for that short period of time where I literally lost Ferrari money... but the bright side that it bounced back up.  Plus I've already sold enough to cover my initial investment, thus it's risk-free (although it would still suck to lose all that gains).

My SL was raided early on in CCIV, walked out with a profit ,but would be 5x my buy in by now had I not set any!

I have not set a SL on an SPAC since

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

@AriGold2.0

What you think of PDAC warrants? Seems like the Commons on lacking pretty good these days, think it'll hit the warrants soon? 

Personally, I was turned off by the acquisition choice. For a team of that stature I wanted windmills or solar panels.. Not recycling batteries..

I've stopped looking at PDAC because of this. If it was me I would personally move on but to each their own.

I'm sure this will become the rage at some point but I think it's capital used better elsewhere for the time being.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Gotta love catching manipulation live.

41.5 million dollars of CCIV bought up at the bottom of that stop loss raid.

DMGI crashed at open two days ago for a few minutes. Dropped from 2.82 to 2.14

Had my stop loss at 2.15 which got triggered and the stock is now at 3.83 :(

How do you drop 25% for like 2 minutes :( 

Edited by themcdeal

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Personally, I was turned off by the acquisition choice. For a team of that stature I wanted windmills or solar panels.. Not recycling batteries..

I've stopped looking at PDAC because of this. If it was me I would personally move on but to each their own.

I'm sure this will become the rage at some point but I think it's capital used better elsewhere for the time being.

Cheers appreciate your insight. I thought for a while it was going to be that ReNew from the original rumour 

On 2/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, nuckin_futz said:

This stock trades on the OTC (Over The Counter) market. AKA The Pink Sheets or as they are affectionately referred to as the "Pink Sh*ts".

These are companies that do not meet the listing requirements of Nasdaq, NYSE or Amex. Basically it's a Wild West exchange for POS companies that often exist as scams. That said you can still make dough flipping them.

As the above message from Reddit shows the person in question had to phone in to the trade desk to execute their trade on OTC. That may be a rule at CIBC. The poster in question goes by the handle "livesinvic" so perhaps they live in Victoria. I take it you're in Vernon? So both from BC.

The error message you got is very bizarre. There is no blanket ruling from the BCSC (BC Securities Commission) banning trading in OTC stocks. I'd call into the CIBC trade desk to get a definitive answer.  Maybe report back to the thread when you get an answer as I am sure some here are curious.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:19 PM, Sp3nny said:

I can't trade any OTC stocks with my TFSA. Atleast any time I've tried its always denied it.

Lol well it was an incredibly excruciating experience trying to talk to anybody at CIBC but here's the info that they gave me:

• Most OTC stocks also cannot be purchased in a registered account such as an RRSP or a TFSA.
• All OTC stocks are traded by telephone with a trader in our Contact Centre. A higher commission applies to OTC trades (minimum $50), and transfer agent fees may also apply once the trade is completed.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help and suggestions.

50 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Lol well it was an incredibly excruciating experience trying to talk to anybody at CIBC but here's the info that they gave me:

• Most OTC stocks also cannot be purchased in a registered account such as an RRSP or a TFSA.
• All OTC stocks are traded by telephone with a trader in our Contact Centre. A higher commission applies to OTC trades (minimum $50), and transfer agent fees may also apply once the trade is completed.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help and suggestions.

I can buy otc stocks for no additional charge myself in my cash account through Scotia itrade. $50 a trade is nuts. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It has always been a fear of mine to be "raided".  Hence I never put any stop-losses.  

It was terrible for that short period of time where I literally lost Ferrari money... but the bright side that it bounced back up.  Plus I've already sold enough to cover my initial investment, thus it's risk-free (although it would still suck to lose all that gains).

I got raided on day two in CCIV, but thankfully I bought in lower on the dip. Haven't set anything on CCIV since, which is both terrifying and gratifying at the same time. I can't believe it went to $10.50 though, that's just insane. As soon as I saw that $41M buy, I knew we were fine. This was probably the 4th major dip with CCIV so far. Each time it has been gobbled back up. 54% institution investment now.

32 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Found a new warrant play... Will be selling my CCIV warrants tomorrow at some point. After I purchase I will post here what I'm buying next for anybody interested.. 

Target - Healthcare businesses operating in North America.

Love it!  I got into TMDX last week to get some healthcare exposure.

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Found a new warrant play... Will be selling my CCIV warrants tomorrow at some point. After I purchase I will post here what I'm buying next for anybody interested.. 

Target - Healthcare businesses operating in North America.

I think I have my eye on the same play. I won't spoil it for the time being, I'll wait and see lol.