The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

40 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

So many good advices on here.  

I was -30% for my portfolio before really watching stuff that people posted on here.  Now I'm +250%. 

I really wish Covid would be over.... would totally buy a round of drinks for many of the fine people here.  

Ditto between Ari and NucksPatFan they have helped me immensely.  Might have to start listen to WarHippy and his penny stocks now.

Edited by Russ

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I wouldn't.

I'm one of those degenerate gambelrs lol

Problem is sometimes those degenerates end up winning haha!

I am usually pretty skeptical of penny stocks anyways, just need to get lucky and hope twitter or stocktwits or something is pumping it up mostly.

Well after a 3 hour attempt to get with RBC to sell my PDAC Warrants then buy VHAQ, I will try again tomorrow.....

Edited by Russ

36 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ditto between Ari and NucksPatFan they have helped me immensely.  Might have to start listen to WarHippy and his penny stocks now.

Ive been trying to resist putting money into penny stocks but its just so alluring, the amount of potential. Beginning the calendar year, I had 0 penny stocks, now I have 10. 2 of them have been dogs so far, and the other 8 have have been between 60 - 220% profit

5 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Ive been trying to resist putting money into penny stocks but its just so alluring, the amount of potential. Beginning the calendar year, I had 0 penny stocks, now I have 10. 2 of them have been dogs so far, and the other 8 have have been between 60 - 220% profit

Yea I put little 1k in pennies so its not the end of the world if I loose it since I have seen some come down pretty hard. 

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Very very curious to see how they do on this earnings. Will be watching with great interest, I want this company to do so well.

preliminary revenue of approximately $39.5 million for the fourth quarter of 2020 and $149 million for fiscal year 2020, representing 47% growth and 76% growth compared to the respective prior year periods. In addition, revenue of Tattooed Chef branded product was approximately $24 million for the fourth quarter of 2020 representing the highest quarterly branded revenue in Company history and reflects an increase of 253% compared to $9.5 million in the prior year period. For fiscal year 2020, revenue of Tattooed Chef branded product was approximately $85 million, an increase of 448% compared to $18.9 million in fiscal year 2019.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, canuckspride said:

You like CSTR? I sold 250 shares when they hit .56 Now sitting at 250 shares till. You think its worth it to buy more?

Honestly at this point in time, i've divested myself of 2/3rds of my shares and still hold 8000 of them.  I'm going to let it ride but won't buy in as the price point for myself is no longer attractive and everything after and above currently after divestment; 4 cents a share is profit.

Entirely up to you because i cannot and will not give advice because i just got lucky.  I saw them as a younger company starting to fill the need and requests for bitcoin mining equipment in north america and it paid off.  Easily could have gone the other way and i'd be a bag holder

Edited by Warhippy

I'm going to hop back into SURF again tomorrow for a swing play... $5 says they are begging to be boughtout...

Cathie loaded another 122,000 shares today.. Should be an easy ride for 50% gains...

Check out the cup and handle.

image.png.6a2e55cccb01620d8e85807a292ad9d8.png

The amount of new positions or increased positions is excellent.

image.png.81138cf037110711a9af629916cafc36.png

Edited by AriGold2.0

4 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Futures finally green, time to make some quick dollars from the sales from the last few days.

*Was* green.  Apparently red is the new green lately.  FML!

Yowza, it just keeps going lower.  Any explanation to this?  Somebody about to get squeezed and they're liquidating everything else or something.  Quite a sell off going on across the board.

Edited by skolozsy2

13 hours ago, Russ said:

Yea I put little 1k in pennies so its not the end of the world if I loose it since I have seen some come down pretty hard. 

Yeah I put have about 2.5k - 3k on pennies but since theyve gained, Ive at least managed to take out my 1/2 - all of my investment so if they do rocket, its on their dime and not mine

9 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

yeah its looking like a lot of people are taking out funds from EV and putting it on the crypto bandwagon, my guess at least

Not a good day for Crypto related stocks either. RIOT MARA SOS all whacked.

I think we may be at a bit of a tipping point. If inflation remains persistent I guarantee the Fed will be way behind the curve in dealing with it. They're arrogant enough to think they can control it. Heard the same crap yesterday out of ECB head Christine Legarde "inflation is transitory blah blah blah". Global bond yields are not letting up and the market is finally taking notice.

Fed Chair Jerome Powell testifies before Congress today and tomorrow. Market will be eager to hear his take on the sudden increase in bond yields.

I suspect the Lucid/Churchill merger will mark the top of this SPAC nonsense.

• Like 1