The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

For me, its glorious. Made +300% on RIOT & HIVE and and bought puts for RIOT last Friday which are going to keep printing. 

It was easy to see that crypto was way overbought and was going to need a major pull back (30% minimum).

I'll load up on crypto stocks again once they fall another 50% 

Don't get why Lucid did not decide to go public the traditional way. Could have raised way more capital for future growth . Instead they sold shares to PIPE and CCIV shareholders at a significant discount for US-$ 10 and US-.$ 15. . Don't get the reasoning from Rawlinson for going public via a Spac neither. Main reason he provided was that investors would have committed long term and how useful this is going forward. Not a smart move at all.  Reason might be that Rawlinson is a manufacturing guy and not a finance guy. We will see ...

40 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

For me, its glorious. Made +300% on RIOT & HIVE and and bought puts for RIOT last Friday which are going to keep printing. 

It was easy to see that crypto was way overbought and was going to need a major pull back (30% minimum).

I'll load up on crypto stocks again once they fall another 50% 

I like Hive as well. I wish I bought them for pennies last year. If you aren't necessarily a fan of the cryptos then go for the companies that deal with them. Lack of trading experience and uneasiness about losing money in common stock keeps me from pouring in a little bit here and there to make "a lot" of it. Northland Power was another company I liked a couple years ago I mentioned here - about 20 bucks a pop at the time with a nice dividend. 

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I like Hive as well. I wish I bought them for pennies last year. If you aren't necessarily a fan of the cryptos then go for the companies that deal with them. Lack of trading experience and uneasiness about losing money in common stock keeps me from pouring in a little bit here and there to make "a lot" of it. Northland Power was another company I liked a couple years ago I mentioned here - about 20 bucks a pop at the time with a nice dividend. 

In all honesty, I would not touch any blockchain or mining stock with a 10 foot poll when it comes to long term investing

You want to play the cycle for these. So buy them when crypto is in a bear market and these things are down 95% and then sell during bull runs like the last month.

Too much risk and uncertainty with little to no value proposition. If Boomers want exposure to crypto without buying it, they have ETF's not available for that.

I think the current block chain stocks are going to come down in value about 50% but will then boom another 200-300%. Just my personal prediction. 

3 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

Is that a triple leveraged ETF which is shorting the market? 

Yes. I like to play calls on them for a day or 2 to try and flip 10% here and there when everything else crumbles around me.

Edit: Picked up the April 1 at the money strike for super cheap to just have in case things go really bizarre. Cost me $100

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Now I wished I had bought even more THCB, paper hands selling off for no reason. $14 to $19 in one day.

Who looks at Microvast and thinks they need to sell this at sub $20???

Over $22 now. 

Sweet news out, Microvast is partnered with Oshkosh:

U.S. Postal Service Awards Contract to Launch Multi-Billion-Dollar Modernization of Postal Delivery Vehicle Fleet

- Oshkosh Defense Will Finalize Design of Next Generation Delivery Vehicle (NGDV), Delivering Up to 165,000 of the U.S.-Built Vehicles Over the Next Decade

Edited by Duodenum

1 hour ago, themcdeal said:

In all honesty, I would not touch any blockchain or mining stock with a 10 foot poll when it comes to long term investing

You want to play the cycle for these. So buy them when crypto is in a bear market and these things are down 95% and then sell during bull runs like the last month.

Too much risk and uncertainty with little to no value proposition. If Boomers want exposure to crypto without buying it, they have ETF's not available for that.

I think the current block chain stocks are going to come down in value about 50% but will then boom another 200-300%. Just my personal prediction. 

I get ya. I want exposure but I don't like the idea of buying individual currencies. What do you think of BTCC.B?

36 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Now I wished I had bought even more THCB, paper hands selling off for no reason. $14 to $19 in one day.

Who looks at Microvast and thinks they need to sell this at sub $20???

Over $22 now. 

Sweet news out, Microvast is partnered with Oshkosh:

U.S. Postal Service Awards Contract to Launch Multi-Billion-Dollar Modernization of Postal Delivery Vehicle Fleet

- Oshkosh Defense Will Finalize Design of Next Generation Delivery Vehicle (NGDV), Delivering Up to 165,000 of the U.S.-Built Vehicles Over the Next Decade

WKHS getting butchered. I guess if you're going to lose a contract the United States Postal Service is the wrong one to lose.