The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

14 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Think it's worth it for me to cash out my AMC stocks or hold and hope for the best in New York when they start opening up again??? I bought at 9.55... 

I don’t know if Reddit mania takes AMC like it did with GME but without that AMC is $5 stock.

17 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t know if Reddit mania takes AMC like it did with GME but without that AMC is $5 stock.

That's what I'm thinking too.. I'm going to take a beating on my first bulk buy of stocks! Doing a market sell now and hopefully it goes through first thing... 

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

reddit mania needs to get the hell on NOK for me....only down $220 but why the hell is the ONLY viable stock in their list not the one they're attacking

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

reddit mania needs to get the hell on NOK for me....only down $220 but why the hell is the ONLY viable stock in their list not the one they're attacking

I was in Nokia as well during initial Reddit mania, didn’t do $&!#, so I got out after losing couple of hundred.

AMC is where I got &^@#ed and PLTR is shaping up to be one giant colonoscopy!

1 hour ago, kurtis said:

That's what I'm thinking too.. I'm going to take a beating on my first bulk buy of stocks! Doing a market sell now and hopefully it goes through first thing... 

I am not an expert, but I have been trading for few years and I think rough waters are ahead for lot of stocks.

Especially for wayyyyyyy overpriced tech sector.

If you are just starting probably not the best time to learn but that’s just my opinion.

@nuckin_futz is the only professional trader on here, rest of us are chugging along.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

I'm basically about to hit all of my stop losses... Just going to put my money under a mattress for the next 4-6 months.

I'm about to liquidate too.

It's a brutal week and could easily get worse

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

is that a good thing for the cryptomarket?

Doesnt matter - Crypto is volatile. Best to learn technical analysis so you make money shorting it when the opportunity arises.

I lost alot more then I made with the 20% dump crypto has taken, but I believe in the value proposition of BTC/ETH so im not bothered. That said, might as we make even more money playing options. Waiting to buy some calls now as soon as there cheap enough. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm about to liquidate too.

It's a brutal week and could easily get worse

Yeah, my wife and I live in a 650 sq ft condo (with a dog) and we both work from home about 80% of the time. Our plan was to buy a townhouse in the summer and things are far too risky for me given the short time-frame for this expense. If I had more long-term thinking I'd hold on, but it just doesn't make sense right now. 

Edited by Down by the River

My first entirely red day of the month so far.

Only holding on to 5 things still  and only down about $550 but still wow.

Wondering if this is just a one week blip starting with Musks statements about bitcoin and CCVI and the SPAC equation.

Or

If this is the start of the actual correction.  Some people assumed it would be a W shaped recovery based on numerous factors as of last spring....and all the economic indicators said that the reality was not being shown on the charts.  That and creeping up inflation could be the catalyst of something more long term couldn't it

It's a retracement -  we were far extended from the moving averages. . 

The 20 EMA is still at 3,700, so I would expect us to down more and test support.

Retracements back to the moving averages during a bull run are healthy, normal and provide a buying opportunity. Just watch support level closely to see if he bounce off of support or falls to further levels. 

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wondering if this is just a one week blip starting with Musks statements about bitcoin and CCVI and the SPAC equation.

Or

If this is the start of the actual correction.  Some people assumed it would be a W shaped recovery based on numerous factors as of last spring....and all the economic indicators said that the reality was not being shown on the charts.  That and creeping up inflation could be the catalyst of something more long term couldn't it

Cathie takes advantage of the retracement and is buying the dip. She bought Palantir a couple of days ago and added some other stocks even in this market situation for example. Seems like she is not worried that a crash is imminent.

1 hour ago, themcdeal said:

You guys need to zoom out on your charts. The market has corrected 2%.... The S&P was at 3,927 and now its at 3,822 :lol:

A year ago it was a 3,110.... 

The s&p fell from 382 to 370 at the end of January lol, and then we had a nice run for 3/4ths of February.

People have short memories.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Or

Perspective is funny cause I'm pretty much green across the board today.