The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

I re-entered BFT for a ride until Merger which is end of March.

1000 @ $14.88 and I bought 1000 warrants @ $4.16

They just announced a Snowflake partnership - Paysafe Uses Snowflake to Power Cloud-based Approach to Data and Analytics

Hard to not agree with Steve Grasso that it's a triple up by the end of the year. 1B in revenue, 

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Cheers 1

The SEC has suspended trading in securities of 15 companies due to questionable behavior and social media activity. This comes after many people tried to trade cheap stocks by inflating the price to gain profit.

List of the suspended stocks since the video was essentially void of useful information:

1. Bebida Beverage Co. (BBDA)

2. Blue Sphere Corporation (BLSP)

3. Ehouse Global, Inc. (EHOS)

4. Eventure Interactive, Inc. (EVTI)

5. Eyes on the Go, Inc. (AXCG)

6. Green Energy Enterprises, Inc. (GYOG)

7. Helix Wind Corp. (HLXW)

8. International Power Group Ltd. (IPWG)

9. Marani Brands, Inc. (MRIB)

10. MediaTechnics Corp. (MEDT)

11. Net Talk.com, Inc. (NTLK)

12. Patten Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (PTTN)

13. PTA Holdings, Inc. (PTAH)

14. Universal Apparel & Textile Company (DKGR)

15. Wisdom Homes of America, Inc. (WOFA)

Curious if GME and AMC will be next stocks getting suspended by the SEC?

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I re-entered BFT for a ride until Merger which is end of March.

1000 @ $14.88 and I bought 1000 warrants @ $4.16

They just announced a Snowflake partnership - Paysafe Uses Snowflake to Power Cloud-based Approach to Data and Analytics

Hard to not agree with Steve Grasso that it's a triple up by the end of the year. 1B in revenue, 

Good, still have my core position from months ago.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

The SEC has suspended trading in securities of 15 companies due to questionable behavior and social media activity. This comes after many people tried to trade cheap stocks by inflating the price to gain profit.

List of the suspended stocks since the video was essentially void of useful information:

Never even heard of any of these companies.

45 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

These are all OTC Pink Sheets. Most trade at prices like $.0003. These are all zombie "companies" without significant operations.

Just the SEC trying to look like they're doing something.

The SEC should stick to stuff like this....

February 24, 2021

Regulatory Fee Change

Effective tomorrow, Thursday, February 25, 2021, the US SEC (regulatory) fee will decrease significantly, as follows:

SEC Fee
(Regulatory Fee)

Current

New

The SEC fee is charged on the sell side dollar value of each trade. So on a trade of $10,000 the SEC fee will drop from 22.3 cents to 5.3 cents. The drop in the fee is due to the increase in trading activity

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

These are all OTC Pink Sheets. Most trade at prices like $.0003. These are all zombie "companies" without significant operations.

Just the SEC trying to look like they're doing something.

The SEC should stick to stuff like this....

February 24, 2021

Regulatory Fee Change

Effective tomorrow, Thursday, February 25, 2021, the US SEC (regulatory) fee will decrease significantly, as follows:

SEC Fee
(Regulatory Fee)

Current

New

The SEC fee is charged on the sell side dollar value of each trade. So on a trade of $10,000 the SEC fee will drop from 22.3 cents to 5.3 cents. The drop in the fee is due to the increase in trading activity

I get this funny feeling you don't really like the SEC.

• Haha 1

I'm gonna give my opinion on the markets so far and how I feel the long-term outlook 'should' shape up. For the longest time I've been a big pessimist of the markets and I paid for it because I wasn't in the markets fully for a long time thinking they had run up too much. Even up to late August-September a lot of us were wondering why the markets had run up so much when it wasn't really warranted. One thing I learned through all of this is that it's all about the liquidity. The stock market doesn't really have any correlation to valuations. As long as there is tons of money flowing around the markets will continue to go up. Right now you have lots of free money being thrown around, people with tons of gains over the past year willing to plow it back into the market, new investors looking at getting into the stock market due to the recent run up hoping to cash in, and lots of people still sitting on the sidelines with all their cash waiting for that dip that never really happened and getting FOMO. Personally I don't see this party ending for at least a year or two with the intermittent 5-10% dips here and there which is to be expected. I am not afraid of any 30-40% corrections any time soon because the money supply is endless and credit is extremely cheap. Even with inflation going up the government is not going to increase rates any time soon so I almost see inflation starting to take over for a year before governments decide they need to step in. When they do, they will do it gradually and increase slowly which will still give time for the markets to adjust. Maybe after 2%-3% increase over 2-3 years will there finally be a massive correction.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, TGokou said:

One thing I learned through all of this is that it's all about the liquidity. The stock market doesn't really have any correlation to valuations. As long as there is tons of money flowing around the markets will continue to go up. Right now you have lots of free money being thrown around, people with tons of gains over the past year willing to plow it back into the market, new investors looking at getting into the stock market due to the recent run up hoping to cash in, and lots of people still sitting on the sidelines with all their cash waiting for that dip that never really happened and getting FOMO. Personally I don't see this party ending for at least a year or two with the intermittent 5-10% dips here and there which is to be expected.

Jim Cramer GIFs | Tenor

I'm all out of cash because I BTFD on Friday.. For anybody looking for good/cheap warrant plays with potentially big targets see below.

GOAC - 575M SPAC - Targeting Travel $1.50 per - (Greg O'Hara (Founder, Certares; Vice Chairman, Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings; Director, Tripadvisor)

CFIV - 500M SPAC - Target Fintech $1.43 per - Howard Lutnick (CEO, Cantor)

DEH - 250M SPAC - Target Consumer $1.27 per - Terry Lundgren (Former CEO of Macy’s and Neiman Marcus), Fred H. Langhammer (Former CEO of Estee Lauder), David Chu (Founder of Nautica)

The team of the last one is boss status.. They have to be looking for something fresh, new and is taking over the market.. What's popular in consumer right now ? Clothing related ?

Maybe something like Tom Ford, Vera Wang, Versace.. They're all in the 2B-6B value.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, Wolfgang Durst said:

These are OTC’s that were heavily front loaded by people who have enormous followings on YouTube TikTok Twitter before “recommending” to their followers, pumping them up. If they had kept it under the radar one here and there they probably could’ve kept going but otc’s were being pumped daily multiple times per day lately. 

4 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I'm all out of cash because I BTFD on Friday.. For anybody looking for good/cheap warrant plays with potentially big targets see below.

GOAC - 575M SPAC - Targeting Travel $1.50 per - (Greg O'Hara (Founder, Certares; Vice Chairman, Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings; Director, Tripadvisor)

DEH - 250M SPAC - Target Consumer $1.27 per - Terry Lundgren (Former CEO of Macy’s and Neiman Marcus), Fred H. Langhammer (Former CEO of Estee Lauder), David Chu (Founder of Nautica)

The team of the last one is boss status.. They have to be looking for something fresh, new and is taking over the market.. What's popular in consumer right now ? Clothing related ?

Maybe something like Tom Ford, Vera Wang, Versace.. They're all in the 2B-6B value.

I went heavy into MAAC on Friday. Liking the team. Big institutional stakes too. Plus with my entry being at NAV my Max downside is only 0.9% so it’s like holding cash with an inevitable nice 10%+ upside. I also grabbed some warrants but heavier on the at Nav commons 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I went heavy into MAAC on Friday. Liking the team. Big institutional stakes too. Plus with my entry being at NAV my Max downside is only 0.9% so it’s like holding cash with an inevitable nice 10%+ upside. I also grabbed some warrants but heavier on the at Nav commons 

Oh yeah, nice one. 500M, healthcare eco-system (fingers crossed for another butterfly). Warrants $1.44, looks good.

Ohhh this is the Momtazee one, he's a big dog in the healthcare world for a guy under the age of 50... Yeah, this one will be a winner..

6 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I think I heard a podcast recently of DEH.  I remember there was a spac targeting consumer and they were talking about quite the lineup of people running it.  Couldn't remmeber what it was called though so maybe this was it.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

These are OTC’s that were heavily front loaded by people who have enormous followings on YouTube TikTok Twitter before “recommending” to their followers, pumping them up. If they had kept it under the radar one here and there they probably could’ve kept going but otc’s were being pumped daily multiple times per day lately. 

Don't know how but somehow I follow a few guys on twitter just pumping the hell out of LTNC (or LTCN can't remember right now). 

On 2/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, Duodenum said:

You never heard of Marani Brands?

They are huge importer of vodka and brandy from Armenia, their stock is like 0.00001.

Who doesn’t drink Armenian vodka?