The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

here u go:

https://auto-institut.de/automotiveinnovations/emobility/die-innovationsstaerksten-automobilhersteller-von-batterieelektrischen-fahrzeugen-bev/

CAM institute is one of my favourite sources to do some research on the developments in EV sector

Cheers, I was wondering where Hyundai was as I feel they are right there with VW and am even more interested in their new 5 over the ID4 after seeing more youtube reviews on the ID4.

10 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Telodoc is starting to look appetizing.

I bet lot of folks wish they sold PLTR at $45.

Also I bought close to 10k of Adaptive stock, I hope this thing goes back up to 50s.

PLTR is an interesting one, because Cathie bought 2.497.000 shares in PLTR on February 26, 2021 and another 1.988.000 on March 3, 2021. Cathie seems like to be fully convinced about PLTR's long term potential.

I consider myself to be well informed about PLTR's business model and financials. Based on various reports I have read about PLTR's business over the last months I am not convinced that Cathie's bet will play out well......

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

On 3/7/2021 at 10:36 PM, Warhippy said:

honestly i'm afraid to mention them because they're kinda dirty

HCMC

CCTL

SANP

RLLCF

SWRM

INND

MMEX

That's it.  All dirty as hell.  This is literally where my funny money is parked and I have no more than $200 in two of them and less in the rest.

I got some on HCMC. Just waiting to see how the Philip Morris lawsuit plays out. 100,000 shares for $hits & Giggles

This doesn't belong in here but I will post it anyway.

There are numerous job offerings from Tesla out there for their Berlin Gigafactory, actually it's close to Berlin, Germany. Currently Tesla is struggling to fill all their vacancies with qualified staff.

350 vacancies needs to be filled in total, thereof in manufacturing 195, in IT 29, in facility management 26, in logistics 25, other 75. 52 vacancies needs to be filled at the management level (top jobs), thereof in manufacturing 34, logistics 5, IT 4, design 1, other 8.

Might be a great opportunity to work abroad for some of you guys. Not to mention that Tesla is paying it's employees well above average (based on what I have read so far about hiring staff for Tesla Gigafactory in Germany).

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

7 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

PLTR is an interesting one, because Cathie bought 2.497.000 shares in PLTR on February 26, 2021 and another 1.988.000 on March 3, 2021. Cathie seems like to be fully convinced about PLTR's long term potential.

I consider myself to be well informed about PLTR's business model and financials. Based on various reports I have read about PLTR's business over the last months I am not convinced that Cathie's bet will play out well......

I’d disagree, and not even on the merits of Cathie. I’ve been long Palantir since IPO before Cathie started buying. The value of data is only going to grow and Palantir’s ability to extract and use that data is a huge asset for their partners. Large companies like Amazon and foreign governments (in addition to the us government) don’t choose their partners lightly. Once their books clean up a little bit (still not profitable but much closer after this recent Amazon deal) and a few more demo days (their last one at end of Jan was great) they will begin to draw in more money. 

Similar to why I went long on Sport Radar yesterday. Value of accurate and useful data is only going to go up. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

11 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I’d disagree, and not even on the merits of Cathie. I’ve been long Palantir since IPO before Cathie started buying. The value of data is only going to grow and Palantir’s ability to extract and use that data is a huge asset for their partners. Large companies like Amazon and foreign governments (in addition to the us government) don’t choose their partners lightly. Once their books clean up a little bit (still not profitable but much closer after this recent Amazon deal) and a few more demo days (their last one at end of Jan was great) they will begin to draw in more money. 

Similar to why I went long on Sport Radar yesterday. Value of accurate and useful data is only going to go up. 

Are you concerned at all on the amount of the deal HZON holders will get? ala UWMC

41 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Are you concerned at all on the amount of the deal HZON holders will get? ala UWMC

Not really. I think UWMC would be higher right now if it wasn’t massively pumped by Atlas (ironic Zack had to leave twitter after SEC came knocking). HZON will definitely be a longer hold but there is so much opportunity in the US market which only makes up 6% of their business right now. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

quality post. Thanks. You raised lots of excellent points for being invested in PLTR. No doubt about it. I fully agree with all of your arguments, but here are two things I would like to bring to your attention:

1. the big difference between PLTR's software compared to other companies software is that it's needs to be customized to a much higher degree than other software solutions. Customization of PLTR's software requires PLTR staff to visit clients (lots of travel required) in order to customize and implement SW. Customization is time consuming and costly and has negative impact on gross margins. That's exactly the reason why PLTR's gross margins will be significantly lower than gross margins of other Software companies.

2. the need for customization comes along with the limited ability for PLTR to scale up their SW. This is most likely the reason why the future growth of PLTR as a whole might not be as dynamic as the growth of other SW companies. The performance figures PLTR reported for FY 2020 and Q4/2020 were not the reason why the stock dropped once PLTR announced their figures. The main reason was the poor outlook for 2021 when it comes to growth. Growth percentage forecasted for 2021 was below the growth percentage PLTR achieved in 2020. That was kind of disappointing for participants of the conference call of PLTR's CEO Karp and PLTR's CFO.

Don't get me wrong. I have lots of respect for the arguments you mentioned. We don't have to agree on this one. I decided to go with other SW companies instead of PLTR.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

19 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I got some on HCMC. Just waiting to see how the Philip Morris lawsuit plays out. 100,000 shares for $hits & Giggles

That's where I am at.  80,000 at .0012

They own the patents for what they're in court against Phillip Morris for.  Not only will they win, but they'll also own the right to license.  That alone will possibly push this towards 7 or 10 cents a share.  At which case hahahaha

Realistically, it's not a terribly run company, holds numerous patents in good areas that are gaining ground and made money consecutively in down years.  It shouldn't be a stretch to see 10 to 20 cents

• Cheers 1

Seriously question.  With essentially everyone in the US getting almost twice or more what they previously got from the US government that helped fuel the "Stonks" event.  

Does anyone think the WSB crowd will take their stimmy money and jump back in? If so anyone have a clue what they'll be looking at outside of GME?