The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Anyone have any insight into sneaky long term companies on the cheap right now?

I bought that nice dip yesterday of TDOC, I think it’s still undervalued.

Also ADPT under $40 was a gift, it was at $70 very recently.

NOW has room to go up but it’s expensive, I think PINS is undervalued as well.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I bought that nice dip yesterday of TDOC, I think it’s still undervalued.

Also ADPT under $40 was a gift, it was at $70 very recently.

NOW has room to go up but it’s expensive, I think PINS is undervalued as well.

Owning ARKK I have decent TDOC exposure, PINS as well though they don't take up as much of the ETF as TDOC. May end up getting into ICLN. Any one have any strong opinions on ICLN?

59 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Owning ARKK I have decent TDOC exposure, PINS as well though they don't take up as much of the ETF as TDOC. May end up getting into ICLN. Any one have any strong opinions on ICLN?

ICLN is up 300% since March 2020. 
PLUG which is the biggest holding in the portfolio is up 1150% since March of 2020.

I get that green energy is way of the future but I don’t see this performance continuing.

That is just my thought though.

4 hours ago, Duodenum said:

If people are looking for a value stock with the money headed there now, I came across Kraft Heinz. 

Ideal entry around 36-37, first target is 48. Has a dividend as well. 

Better for long-term portfolios. 

I have owned KHC many times, unfortunately it has been stuck in that 32-37 zone forever, kind of like T being stuck between 26-30.

As you said great dividends but it just never moves. 

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I have owned KHC many times, unfortunately it has been stuck in that 32-37 zone forever, kind of like T being stuck between 26-30.

As you said great dividends but it just never moves. 

It broke through its 2 year high, technically. It fell from 47 to 32 in Feb 2019 and hadn't been above 36 resistance since until now. Looking to fill that long candle between 47 and 36. 

16 hours ago, Duodenum said:

It broke through its 2 year high, technically. It fell from 47 to 32 in Feb 2019 and hadn't been above 36 resistance since until now. Looking to fill that long candle between 47 and 36. 

Since last March it has been up almost 90% and in the last 5 years it’s down 51%.

I really like Pepsi, very good dividend and growth, must better than Coke.

Their portfolio is very diversified since they own Tropicana, Quaker, Lays, Tostitos, Starbucks beverages, Doritos, Lipton etc.

Any battery experts in here? This is a Burnaby based lithium battery R&D company. I have mentioned them in here before and they have doubled since. I have sold my original position (bought at $2.60) and am riding profits (sold half around $5.50ish). The company is Nano One Materials (NNO). They are a small cap outfit and are not yet profitable.

Here is their investor presentation: https://www.nanoone.ca/site/assets/files/3907/2021_03_11_website_nno.pdf

Basically, they own a bunch of patents on the powder coating of Lithium Ion batteries. As they explain it, their technology reduces battery life/efficiency decline over time due to less break down of this coating at the cellular level. It is more cost effective and environmentally friendly. Their partners include VW, Pulead, an unnamed 'asian cathode producer', and an unnamed US OEM that is a "global automotive producer with an ambitious EV strategy" (Ford or GM?).

Obviously, speculative at this point but it has been good to me. Been bouncing between 5.50-6 recently and has shown pretty decent resistance in the 5's after a big gap up following their announcement of the US OEM partnership. It held its own during the recent tech sell off as well.

Has anyone else followed Nano One Materials?

India enacts a near total ban on crypto mining and trading.  Is criminalizing even holding cryptocurrency after 6 months post law enactment.

People assume this will tank things.

But China also committed to similar restrictions on mining and prices skyrocketed.

There's only so much available Bitcoin to be mined so this will possibly facilitate a small sell off, but those sales will be eaten in seconds.

What India IS doing though, is using this period to acknowledge and allow for the integration of blockchain companies to safely allow trading sales and future mining.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-india-cryptocurrency-ban-idUSKBN2B60QP

Blockchain companies in their infancy will easily be double baggers if you like to gamble on small dollar amounts.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

India enacts a near total ban on crypto mining and trading.  Is criminalizing even holding cryptocurrency after 6 months post law enactment.

People assume this will tank things.

But China also committed to similar restrictions on mining and prices skyrocketed.

There's only so much available Bitcoin to be mined so this will possibly facilitate a small sell off, but those sales will be eaten in seconds.

What India IS doing though, is using this period to acknowledge and allow for the integration of blockchain companies to safely allow trading sales and future mining.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-india-cryptocurrency-ban-idUSKBN2B60QP

Blockchain companies in their infancy will easily be double baggers if you like to gamble on small dollar amounts.

I wonder how much does it relate to the restrictions on the outflow of funds from India?

On 3/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, CBH1926 said:

Since last March it has been up almost 90% and in the last 5 years it’s down 51%.

I really like Pepsi, very good dividend and growth, must better than Coke.

Their portfolio is very diversified since they own Tropicana, Quaker, Lays, Tostitos, Starbucks beverages, Doritos, Lipton etc.

they don't OWN starbucks, do they? i think they just make these:

2761ce2ca09fc640bb4d2a88f5b07f38.jpg