The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

52 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Yah it's been pretty quiet on here. Definitely not having a good time of it in the last week. I'm sure others are feeling the same.

Market doesn't have a trend right now. Stocks grow for a day or two and then the bottom falls out.

7 hours ago, TGokou said:

Yah it's been pretty quiet on here. Definitely not having a good time of it in the last week. I'm sure others are feeling the same.

Yeah , been red all week. Hopefully it trends upwards at end of the week

Sitting on my hands, market is a disaster. Hanging tight to BFT, PSTH and CONX... I would average down but there is no current end to this. I need to see a real reversal through a big catalyst to buy more.

3 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

General markets have just been going sideways the past few days. Boring. 

Sideways?!?!  I'd give my left nut to only be trending sideways!  

• Haha 4

Been a lot to do if you're just banging things around. These NFT (Non Fungible Token) plays are nutty. TKAT, OCG, JFIN, YVR, HOFV, WKEY, DLPN.

Not for the faint of heart but they have wide daily ranges.

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

Down the market goes yet again. Just constant urges to punch a wall with all the BS thats happening

What BS? The S&P is at 3,900 :lol:

What are people expecting? 

Reuters says the US SEC is opening an inquiry into SPACs, "blank check IPO frenzy"

Thu 25 Mar 2021 02:55:09 GMT

Reuters cite unnamed sources, "four people with direct knowledge of the matter."

• Say that the US Securities and Exchange commission has opened an inquiry into blank-check IPO frenzy -sources
  • SEC sent letters to Wall Street banks last week seeking information on special purpose acquisition company or SPAC deals 
  • SEC is seeking information on fees, volumes, internal controls

One of the sources said letters were sent by the SEC's enforcement division, suggesting they may be a precursor to a formal investigation.

Here we go, Reuters have popped it u on the web, the full article link here 

SPACs are listed shell companies that raise funds to acquire a private company with the purpose of taking it public, allowing such targets to sidestep a traditional initial public offering.
1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Reuters says the US SEC is opening an inquiry into SPACs, "blank check IPO frenzy"

Thu 25 Mar 2021 02:55:09 GMT

Reuters cite unnamed sources, "four people with direct knowledge of the matter."

• Say that the US Securities and Exchange commission has opened an inquiry into blank-check IPO frenzy -sources
  • SEC sent letters to Wall Street banks last week seeking information on special purpose acquisition company or SPAC deals 
  • SEC is seeking information on fees, volumes, internal controls

One of the sources said letters were sent by the SEC's enforcement division, suggesting they may be a precursor to a formal investigation.

Here we go, Reuters have popped it u on the web, the full article link here 

SPACs are listed shell companies that raise funds to acquire a private company with the purpose of taking it public, allowing such targets to sidestep a traditional initial public offering.

SPACs wouldn't be so popular if regular folks can actually got in on IPOs.  

Nowadays if there's a company listing, it's always the large firms that gets first crack at them.  The best retail investors can do is buy them on the secondary market, after the large financial firms has already made their 50-200% gains.  

9 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Sideways?!?!  I'd give my left nut to only be trending sideways!  

General indices were sideways for the most part...until the afternoon when it dropped...

...and gave me some gains on my shorts :frantic:

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

SPACs wouldn't be so popular if regular folks can actually got in on IPOs.  

Nowadays if there's a company listing, it's always the large firms that gets first crack at them.  The best retail investors can do is buy them on the secondary market, after the large financial firms has already made their 50-200% gains.  

They are also a great way to avoid the scrutiny of the IPO process and commit fraud. See RIDE, NKLA, CLOV.

• Upvote 1