The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

This market feels like it's hunting Cathie Woods and her largest positions (TSLA, TDOC, ROKU, SQ, PLTR etc)

Did anyone see Woods' interview on CNBC on Friday? It's was pretty interesting. One of the more interesting reveals was that the seed capital for her funds in 2014 came from Bill Hwang of Archegos. The guy who recently blew up trying to corner VIAC, DISCA and others.

There's a lot of speculation that Archegos conducted their VIAC, DISCA shenanigans last year in TSLA. The speculation is Hwang would run up the stock then squeezing shorts out multiple times. Then when it got big enough the indexes would have to rebalance and buy huge chunks of it simply due to the increase in market cap. Then Hwang would use the rebalance as his exit strategy and dump his positions on the indexers.

TSLA went into the S&P on Dec 21. Hwang started his shenanigans in VIAC and DISCA in early January. So the timeline seems to fit. Who knows if it's true but if it is I'd be willing to bet he's been doing this for a long time in many different stocks.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

TTD taking a dump on good earnings and an announced 10/1 split. not sure why the 20% drop but thinking of snagging 20 shares here to see what happens.

Hopefully you're still thinking it over as it just dumped another 30 points in about 8 minutes.

I suggest you employ the 3 day rule. And not touch something that has mega puked for 3 days until the dust settles and the levels reveals themselves.

8 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

This market feels like it's hunting Cathie Woods and her largest positions (TSLA, TDOC, ROKU, SQ, PLTR etc)

Did anyone see Woods' interview on CNBC on Friday? It's was pretty interesting. One of the more interesting reveals was that the seed capital for her funds in 2014 came from Bill Hwang of Archegos. The guy who recently blew up trying to corner VIAC, DISCA and others.

There's a lot of speculation that Archegos conducted their VIAC, DISCA shenanigans last year in TSLA. The speculation is Hwang would run up the stock then squeezing shorts out multiple times. Then when it got big enough the indexes would have to rebalance and buy huge chunks of it simply due to the increase in market cap. Then Hwang would use the rebalance as his exit strategy and dump his positions on the indexers.

TSLA went into the S&P on Dec 21. Hwang started his shenanigans in VIAC and DISCA in early January. So the timeline seems to fit. Who knows if it's true but if it is I'd be willing to bet he's been doing this for a long time in many different stocks.

Ugh PLTR is killing me.

Mind you my whole portfolio is killing me.  I sold a bunch of my losers and went into banks last week.  Atleast I am not going to look at 7%+ drops on a daily basis off those.  

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Ugh PLTR is killing me.

Mind you my whole portfolio is killing me.  I sold a bunch of my losers and went into banks last week.  Atleast I am not going to look at 7%+ drops on a daily basis off those.  

PLTR reports tomorrow morning. In this environment they better have a neat and tidy report without any hiccups. Because that stock is primed for a high volume washout.

7 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

PLTR reports tomorrow morning. In this environment they better have a neat and tidy report without any hiccups. Because that stock is primed for a high volume washout.

Looking at premarket, well its looking like I am going to be down 30% on the stock pretty quick here.  Its been ugly :S

20 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I owe you a lot for your warning about ARK back in Jan/Feb. 

• Huggy Bear 1

The last 2 days Cathie Woods three biggest purchases were PLTR, DKNG and NNDM. All three of them rip like crazy off the open. This wreaks of Woods buying to support her own positions. Not just buying to accumulate either but rather buying to move price as fast as possible.

You'd think on a day like this with a gap down you'd have to flush people out. Take all the margin calls to the cleaners but nope. Rip like crazy off the open. Very weird day.

• Upvote 1

Live Nation stock jumped 4% yesterday after a Jefferies analyst called it a pure-play reopening stock.

[09:32]
Live Nation is seeing the effects of "significant" pent-up demand for concerts, saying bookings are seriously booming. It has already booked twice as many shows for 2022 as it did in 2019.

[09:33]
Plus, it now has a new source of sales to pad its balance sheet: live streaming. Another potential slingshot stock is Carnival, which says it already has more cruise bookings for 2022 than it did in 2019.

[09:34]
government agencies and corporations are investing more heavily in tools to fight ransomware attacks. That could be a boon for cybersecurity companies like FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Zscaler, and Fortinet.

16 hours ago, Russ said:

Ugh PLTR is killing me.

4 hours ago, themcdeal said:

Getting my dick kicked in on PLTR as well. My portfolios been red as &^@# for the last few months but luckily my crypto gains have more then offset it. 

Between PLTR, VIAC and TDOC I lost about 8k.

12 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

The last 2 days Cathie Woods three biggest purchases were PLTR, DKNG and NNDM. All three of them rip like crazy off the open. This wreaks of Woods buying to support her own positions. Not just buying to accumulate either but rather buying to move price as fast as possible.

You'd think on a day like this with a gap down you'd have to flush people out. Take all the margin calls to the cleaners but nope. Rip like crazy off the open. Very weird day.

As suspected Woods bought 2,767,000 PLTR today. My guess is right at the open to ramp the price and mark her positions higher. Also 459,000 DKNG same sh*t.

Why she keeps publishing a daily recount of all her activity is truly mind boggling.

25 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

As suspected Woods bought 2,767,000 PLTR today. My guess is right at the open to ramp the price and mark her positions higher. Also 459,000 DKNG same sh*t.

Why she keeps publishing a daily recount of all her activity is truly mind boggling.

Thought I read one time she had to for some reason. I guess because it's actively managed there was lots of skepticism about it, don't know why they need to do it now, a monthly update would be good enough. 

9 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Apparently Shiba Inu and Moonsafe are the next Doge. And I'm thinking.. $100 here and there couldn't hurt with all of these other dummies buying in. It's so cheap right now.. 

Isn't there like 12 steps up grab those coins? Or do the major crypto platforms have them?crypto is so confusing sometimes. 

On the bright side FUBO was good after hours! 

23 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thought I read one time she had to for some reason. I guess because it's actively managed there was lots of skepticism about it, don't know why they need to do it now, a monthly update would be good enough. 

Apparently it's part of her fund's charter. But she amends the charter all the time. For example she use to be confined to owning more than 10% of any company. I believe she recently amended that to 30%

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Isn't there like 12 steps up grab those coins? Or do the major crypto platforms have them?crypto is so confusing sometimes. 

On the bright side FUBO was good after hours! 

Coinbase and the Coinbase wallet. So I bought Ethereum to do it and then attempted to transfer the Ether to the wallet but then they hit me with a $37.50 miner's fee lmao. Because you can't straight up buy some of these coins without buying Ether then converting it to the specific coin. So I didn't proceed. Now I have Ether that I didn't really want to purchase other than the purpose of doing this. So unless I can get around this somehow with a different wallet, I'm finished. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Coinbase and the Coinbase wallet. So I bought Ethereum to do it and then attempted to transfer the Ether to the wallet but then they hit me with a $37.50 miner's fee lmao. Because you can't straight up buy some of these coins without buying Ether then converting it to the specific coin. So I didn't proceed. Now I have Ether that I didn't really want to purchase other than the purpose of doing this. So unless I can get around this somehow with a different wallet, I'm finished. 

Buddy told me how to do it, I really need to try and cash in on these $&!#coins lol :P