The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I need advice about a girl, please.

Dazzle

Sounds to me like one of 2 things happened.

She was into you at first, but you didn't make a move or take control/direction/assertion in the right frame of time and she got bored and moved on.

OR

She was playing you this whole time just to get attention and have a side guy/second option if she wanted or needed it. If that is the case, cut her loose. Delete her number, her fb ect ect and do not contact her anymore. Don't let a girl disrespect you like that. Move on, plenty of girls out there.

Ignore, sure....

But hey, maybe she we drunk call one day for a hook up. Just let her initiate. Basically be a jerk.

In the mean time, definitely focus on others.

Hate to be a dick, but:

No one owes anyone else romantic feelings. She was into you, her feelings changed. That is entirely fair and you shouldn't resent her for that. The two of you had an arguement over that dicision and you "changed her mind" (you didn't, she wanted you off her back).

She did handle it poorly, though. She should have been more pragmatic, but that is difficult for many when it comes to relationships.

Now, what wasn't entirely clear to me (forgive my comprehension) is; where you two in the "trying to work it out" phase when she was going on other dates? That's clearly a foul.

I mean, there are a lot of differences between "dating" and being in a "relationship". There's nothing wrong with dating serveral people at the same time, until you have the conversation (or unspoken, mutual understanding) about making it "official" (monogamous).

Hate to be a dick, but:

No one owes anyone else romantic feelings. She was into you, her feelings changed. That is entirely fair and you shouldn't resent her for that. The two of you had an arguement over that dicision and you "changed her mind" (you didn't, she wanted you off her back).

She did handle it poorly, though. She should have been more pragmatic, but that is difficult for many when it comes to relationships.

Now, what wasn't entirely clear to me (forgive my comprehension) is; where you two in the "trying to work it out" phase when she was going on other dates? That's clearly a foul.

I mean, there are a lot of differences between "dating" and being in a "relationship". There's nothing wrong with dating serveral people at the same time, until you have the conversation (or unspoken, mutual understanding) about making it "official" (monogamous).

I don't think they had sex so how could she get pragmatic?

' That being said, i was being very delicate at ensuring that our friendship would remain intact.'

This to me is the issue. Don't try to be a friend and attempt to date her at the same time. Make your intentions clear. If you try to do both it will just backfire.

Also, we all need to learn to deal with rejection. Of course it is hard, but it is better to keep your head up and not show illwill towards others. That will only make you feel worse in the end and others will notice how you acted. Be kind or leave the situation. People will respect you for that. No one will respect you if you start berating her about over what happened no matter who was at fault.

Archived