The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] David Booth Signs With Panthers

Bigturk8

These PTOs seem to be used on some guys who can play, but are just a bit older. Are we headed for a league with stars getting big bucks, older guys getting minimum, and young guys in between - filling out the rosters? I thought a guy like Booth would get a contract to play fourth line for sure.

I didn't mind Booth, I thought he always tried hard, and hit was a hitting machine a lot of night. Sometimes the only one doing so. At least if he wasn't scoring or putting up points he was doing something else.
I think if it's a cheap contract, he'll be worth it.

I was thinking if Virtanen isn't ready and Jensen and Grenier aren't ready or bust, I would love Booth back for depth, but still no room with Prust and Dorsett on the 4th line. Underrated IMO, good play even when he wasn't scoring, had ok moments in Toronto last season, still some power scoring there. I think he can help the Panthers, my guess is he signs if Crouse isn't ready, but if they wanted that style of player, why not just keep Uphsall or Kopecky?

I was thinking if Virtanen isn't ready and Jensen and Grenier aren't ready or bust, I would love Booth back for depth, but still no room with Prust and Dorsett on the 4th line. Underrated IMO, good play even when he wasn't scoring, had ok moments in Toronto last season, still some power scoring there. I think he can help the Panthers, my guess is he signs if Crouse isn't ready, but if they wanted that style of player, why not just keep Uphsall or Kopecky?

One knock on him when he was here, his outside edges were atrocious and he had to take lessons with a figure skating coach to try and improve. Something I had to work on as a player too but I got there, he needs more work on that.

His career died basically as soon as he came here. I hope he can revive it again in Florida where he thrived.

His career basically died after his "re-comittment to God over hockey", shortly after his second concussion. He was traded to the Canucks cuz' he was already starting to wane, he had 1 assist and was a -6 to start the season when Florida made the trade. Don't blame Booth on the Canucks, he's his own can of worms.

His career basically died after his "re-comittment to God over hockey", shortly after his second concussion. He was traded to the Canucks cuz' he was already starting to wane, he had 1 assist and was a -6 to start the season when Florida made the trade. Don't blame Booth on the Canucks, he's his own can of worms.

Not sure how his commitment to God over hockey ruined his career. Every Christian out there puts their faith before a sport.

The concussion itself is what ruined his career. Just like concussions ruin most players careers, and sometimes, lives.

Not sure how his commitment to God over hockey ruined his career. Every Christian out there puts their faith before a sport.

The concussion itself is what ruined his career. Just like concussions ruin most players careers, and sometimes, lives.

Maybe he turned to religion even more after his concussion in hopes that god may reinstate his health

Oh they do? I didn't realize that every Christian football player refuses to work on the Sabbath, since doing so is a violation of one of the Ten Commandments. Ditto every pro hockey, basketball & baseball player.

No, concussions do not ruin most players' careers, it ruins some players' careers. Ask Crosby if his career is "ruined". Ditto Daniel Sedin.

Do you have any other points that are easily refuted by facts & evidence?

Oh they do? I didn't realize that every Christian football player refuses to work on the Sabbath, since doing so is a violation of one of the Ten Commandments. Ditto every pro hockey, basketball & baseball player.

No, concussions do not ruin most players' careers, it ruins some players' careers. Ask Crosby if his career is "ruined". Ditto Daniel Sedin.

you might want to read the new testament. In particular the stuff in red and what pertains to doing things on Sunday. You might note christ is the first six digits in the term christian.

you might want to read the new testament. In particular the stuff in red and what pertains to doing things on Sunday. You might note christ is the first six digits in the term christian.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

But fear not, the Bible is full of contradictions, so Romans 14:5 & Mark 2:27 give you a pass.

You might note that the word "Christ" has no digits, but letters. Digits are numbers.

Anything else? I can do this all day.

Exactly, some players careers get ruined because of concussions. So what makes you think that Booth's career was ruined due to faith, than a concussion?

And you're using Daniel sedin as an example? He has not been the same since his. Heck, what about Naslund?

Clearly you're agenda is to criticize religion though, so keep on going.

Exactly, some players careers get ruined because of concussions. So what makes you think that Booth's career was ruined due to faith, than a concussion?

And you're using Daniel sedin as an example? He has not been the same since his. Heck, what about Naslund?

Clearly you're agenda is to criticize religion though, so keep on going.

Now you say some, before you said most. It's hard to follow your changing opinions.

Daniel Sedin had the most points of any player over 30 last season, & finished 9th overall in points...so yeah, I'd say he's a great example. What about Naslund? Well, you see there's something that happens to athletes called getting old...Naslund was a 12 year veteran when his play started to wane.

I've seen interviews with David Booth where he states that he felt he prioritized hockey over God, and that his injuries made him re-focus his priorities. Very shorty thereafter his play went downhill. Correlation isn't causation, but it's my take on Booth's decline.

Archived