The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Brad Boyes with Leafs

i don't know about you guys, but i would have loved to see some of these vets on a PTO with canucks. I would love to see what they bring and then only give our youngsters a shot at the big leagues if they outperform these Vets. And if these guys do really well, they can always be traded for 2nd/3rd rounders that JB loves.

Ok seriously!?They can't think they could sign all these guys and have room.

van Riemsdyk-Kadri-Lupul

Winnik-Bozak-Parenteau

Matthias-Holland-Arcobello

Komarov-Spaling-Beck

Scratched: Panik

Then very close and potentially making the club this year is Marner, W. Nylander, K. Kapanen, Leivo, S. Carrick, C. Bailey. Not to mention Matt Frattin could stick long term (for once), and recently signed Nikita Korestelev could push.

Then they give PTO's to Boyes, Setoguchi, and Glencross??? I get signing guys like Matthias and Arcobello to help compete for the playoffs now and potentially shop at the deadline. But this is getting a bit ridiculous.

At the same time, if we did it the certain segment of this fan base would overreact and say we aren't giving the kids a chance.

Then they would say JB is either a liar or an idiot.

Can't win.

Totally true.

But timing is everything. A couple of years ago Santorelli & Richardson were godsend value village bargains for us.

The Leaf's now, like us then, need to buy time to groom what prospects they have. And gain more of them.

Two years ago we did not have prospects knocking down the door. And would we (or our prospects) have been better off if we parachuted Gaunce & Shinkaruk, hell Jensen, into our line up at that time?

(I know you know this Minister. Just addressing the point.)

Archived