The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Training camp schedule, roster & activities

elvis15

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

#Canucks Training Camp 2015: details on schedule, roster & activities. Release - http://ow.ly/S3BtU

The players will take to the ice in Prince George at the CN Centre from Friday, September 18th to Sunday, September 20th, where they will be split into two practice groups with ice times listed below.

Vancouver Canucks 2015 Main Camp Schedule (subject to change)

Sept. 17, 10:00 a.m. Rogers Arena Media Availability (Media access through Gate 16)

Sept. 18, 9:00 a.m. CN Centre (Prince George) On-Ice (1st group) 11:20 a.m. CN Centre (PG) On-Ice (2nd group)

Sept. 19, 9:00 a.m. CN Centre (Prince George) On-Ice (1st group) 11:20 a.m. CN Centre (PG) On-Ice (2nd group)

Sept. 20, 9:45 a.m. CN Centre (Prince George) Power Play Practice (mostly veterans) 11:20 a.m. CN Centre (PG) Intra-Squad Scrimmage (mostly prospects)

There's more information in the article on passes and fan events, as well as the full training camp roster:

http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Training%20Camp%20Roster%20%28Vets%29.pdf

The only surprise I see on the roster is John Kurtz, a 26 year old left wing (6'2", 201lbs) who has been playing in the AHL with Norfolk the past few years. Low point totals and high penalty minutes, so seems like just a depth PTO as I don't remember seeing that we or Utica has signed him.

There's more information in the article on passes and fan events, as well as the full training camp roster:

The only surprise I see on the roster is John Kurtz, a 26 year old left wing (6'2", 201lbs) who has been playing in the NHL with Norfolk the past few years. Low point totals and high penalty minutes, so seems like just a depth PTO as I don't remember seeing that we or Utica has signed him.

NHL expanded into Norfolk? When did that happen?

I assume some guys from the young camp will join as well?

Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today the expected roster and schedule for their Training Camp opening Thursday, September 17th at Rogers Arena and moving to the CN Centre in Prince George from September 18th through the 20th. In addition to on-ice sessions, fans will be able to engage with the team in a variety of ways, including a daily Party in the Parking Lot, presented by FortisBC, a coaches hot stove, a minor hockey clinic and a Scotiabank Town Hall Breakfast. Fans are encouraged to follow @VanCanucks for news and updates.

In addition to the prospects continuing on from the Canucks Young Star Tournament, 37 players are scheduled to report to Rogers Arena on Thursday, September 17th for pre-training camp medical and physical testing. This includes four goaltenders, 12 defencemen and 21 forwards. Players will be available to the media in groups once they have completed their testing and other obligations.

You assume correct

Travis Erdhart, John Negrin, Wacey Hamilton, Carter Bancks and John Kurtz -- what's the point of having these guys attend Canucks camp? Am I missing something here? I'd say get these guys a sheet of ice at the Aud and let them skate there while they wait for the Comets camp to start instead of taking time from the guys who have legit shot of making the Canucks. This whole Negrin nepotism thing is starting to get old.

And wondering where Blomstrand is? If I recall correctly, he missed last year's training camp.

The only surprise I see on the roster is John Kurtz, a 26 year old left wing (6'2", 201lbs) who has been playing in the AHL with Norfolk the past few years. Low point totals and high penalty minutes, so seems like just a depth PTO as I don't remember seeing that we or Utica has signed him.

Good type to have in the lineup in case some goon tries to make a name for himself by taking liberties with younger players.

Travis Erdhart, John Negrin, Wacey Hamilton, Carter Bancks and John Kurtz -- what's the point of having these guys attend Canucks camp? Am I missing something here? I'd say get these guys a sheet of ice at the Aud and let them skate there while they wait for the Comets camp to start instead of taking time from the guys who have legit shot of making the Canucks. This whole Negrin nepotism thing is starting to get old.

And wondering where Blomstrand is? If I recall correctly, he missed last year's training camp.

It's all to create internal competition, and these guys deserve their shot. It appears Blomstrand has been forgotten about by management, for whatever reason.

They have zero chance to make the team, but its still a good experience for them.

But lets face it, we have what....1 or maybe 2 players that could make the starting lineup?

After Virtanen, not much room left for forwards, unless we traded Higgins or Hansen. I can't see Benning moving any of his own recent signings. Our D has more holes to fill, but no one is ready to make the jump up right now.

All eyes are on Virtanen.

Does Blair Jones crack the roster?

Iain McIntyre went on radio today saying McCann will play for Vancouver at some point this season, but doesn't believe he will stick. 9 games for McCann? I'm down.

I'm up for that.

Same if its Cassels?

Healthy competition is a good thing!

I find it odd about Ludwig Blomstrand. Benning and Coach Willie started last year. Have they seen him play? Do they even know what they have with him? Why not invite him? And if he sucks just cut him and release him if he's not in the teams long term plans.

You save a roster spot and can focus on another prospect. Dangling him in the wind, and acting like he doesn't exist seems really disrespectful, and not what I would expect from a professional hockey team.

I can't recall a time when a Canucks prospect, that's here in North America not being invited twice to training camp.

Archived