The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I will always be a Canuck Fan! (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

I'll always be a Canucks follower, despite all the frustration and disappointment I've been put through. lol. It feels like once you get sucked in, there's no going back. Many times I've wished I never started being a fan because of how hopeless it feels the chances of winning a cup are. But yet I keep checking this website and the newspaper, see the game results/ highlights, follow the standings and new signings, prospects...etc and stuff like that, I just cant stop. It kind of reminds me of the tv show Gilligan's Island, where you keep wishing they would finally get off the island, and then they get a great chance and you think this is it ! They're finally getting off, but then something ridiculous happens to screw it up and it back to square one again. lol.

actually the reason they never got off the island was because Gilligan didn't want to leave. Ever notice he was the one who always screwed up the rescue.

As awesome as summer fun is, I always love when a chill is in the evening air and hockey creeps closer. Every single year, it makes me love the onset of Fall.

I am with you...live, breathe, sleep and eat this team. I don't have a whole lot in life to amuse me...so hockey is my tried and true BFF. Will never stray from this team...Canuck fan for life.

Good job at bringing some positive energy around. Woo.

As awesome as summer fun is, I always love when a chill is in the evening air and hockey creeps closer. Every single year, it makes me love the onset of Fall.

I am with you...live, breathe, sleep and eat this team. I don't have a whole lot in life to amuse me...so hockey is my tried and true BFF. Will never stray from this team...Canuck fan for life.

Good job at bringing some positive energy around. Woo.

But Deb, if you eat the team how will they play hockey?

To be a true Canuck fan, you must:

1) Question every single move the GM make.

2) Think there's some sort of league conspiracy against our team.

3) Overvalue our players, in trade situations.

4) Think Chris Higgins is worthless and is replaceable, with a young prospect.

I would first like to say "I am and will always be a Real and True Canucks Fan despite Wins, Losses (in Regulation or Overtime), and Great or Bad Canucks Seasons!

And now I would like to mention "I like your opinion on how to be a true Canuck fan but if you would like to hear what my opinion is on being a Real and True Canucks Fan, then please let me know! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for Oct 7. I'm wrapping up my thesis now so I haven't been able to watch pre-season games, but there is no way I'm missing the season opener on the 7th and the home opener on the weekend. I am going to miss island beer when I move to the Kelowna this weekend. I like having a beer or two and a frozen pizza on game nights. I love that we're playing Calgary this start to season. It's revenge time. 151 is not beer but it's not not beer.

Can't wait for Oct 7. I'm wrapping up my thesis now so I haven't been able to watch pre-season games, but there is no way I'm missing the season opener on the 7th and the home opener on the weekend. I am going to miss island beer when I move to the Kelowna this weekend. I like having a beer or two and a frozen pizza on game nights. I love that we're playing Calgary this start to season. It's revenge time. 151 is not beer but it's not not beer.

What kind of frozen pizza do you prefer?

Archived