The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4th line Centre

Blockpiler

Don't be surprised if this is the lineup my friends.

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Kenins-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Sutter-Grenier

Higgins-Prust-Dorsett

Gaunce,Vey

(Prust can play centre)

http://flames.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471283

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Corrado

Sbisa/Bart-Weber

Miller

Marky

When did "positive" become equivalent to "delusional"?

Just as much Kenins won't be a one and done scenario, he ain't going to be a second liner. Have you seen Kenins' body of work? He's going to be a decent NHLer, but he ain't no top six forward in the NHL.

There's a reason why Kenins is on a one year one way deal at an AAV of $600K. Kenins on the second line...that's funny.

Don't be surprised if this is the lineup my friends.

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Kenins-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Sutter-Grenier

Higgins-Prust-Dorsett

Gaunce,Vey

(Prust can play centre)

http://flames.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471283

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Corrado

Sbisa/Bart-Weber

Miller

Marky

Lol what no Hansen or Baertschi? Kenins in a top 6 role? Virtanen on the top line? Higgins on the 4th? Did you put much thought into this or are you just delusional?

Sedins Burr/Vrby

Baer Sutter Vrby/Burr

Higgy Bo Hansen/Dorsett

Prust Vey Hansen/Dorsett

Kennins

Prust is not a natural C. 43games in 2009 does not make him a C. He will be great to step in when Vey gets tossed.

Virtanen spends a year in Jr improving on his offence.

I'm sure you overlooked Baer and Hansen.

Higgy can still score enough goals and play defense equivilant to a very good 3rd liner.

Vey has been working hard in the offseason. People need to give him a chance. He didn't have a bad rookie season last year and has learned what he needs to do to stay in the NHL.

This team will most probably look quite different by trade deadline.

Sedins Burr/Vrby

Baer Sutter Vrby/Burr

Higgy Bo Hansen/Dorsett

Prust Vey Hansen/Dorsett

Kennins

Prust is not a natural C. 43games in 2009 does not make him a C. He will be great to step in when Vey gets tossed.

Virtanen spends a year in Jr improving on his offence.

I'm sure you overlooked Baer and Hansen.

Higgy can still score enough goals and play defense equivilant to a very good 3rd liner.

Vey has been working hard in the offseason. People need to give him a chance. He didn't have a bad rookie season last year and has learned what he needs to do to stay in the NHL.

This team will most probably look quite different by trade deadline.

Yes, and

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

Sbisa/Bart Corrado

Corrado will settle down Sbisa

I still want to see some size on the back end but size and mobility together are hard to find.

Kenins will slow Horvats development.

Does the BRAbarian sound familiar to anyone?

Tanner Glass, Matt Cooke, etc....

All grinders. Like Kenins.

Do you want Bo to develope with good players and become a 2 -1 centre?

Or chain him to a grinder because the kid had a short point run?

Kenins is good, but I wouldent have him on my team. He got lucky for a couple games, as most players do. He will have a hard time staying in this league.

Bilge.

A healthy Kenins was really good...Kenins after he got banged up in the game in Buffalo looked like he was a fringe NHLer (I'm guessing little drummer boy forgot that Kenins got shut down by the management as soon as the playoff series vs. the Flames was over rather than being sent down to take part in the Comets' Calder Cup run).

Even with a bad knee, Kenins showed fight, which is a lot more you can say about the likes of Vrbata, Matthias, Bonino, and Bonino in the playoffs

Don't forget Bonino

Given how good Gaunce looked during the tourney, I'm hoping they at least try playing him back at his natural centre position a bit during main camp. He looks ready to take the next step and he could be a nice option to have in the lineup as a LW/C.

I agree, but it seems that Benning has made up his mind that Gaunce should be a winger (see the recent interview with Bob MacKenzie). Maybe in the long run Benning is right, but it can't hurt, especially this year when our C depth is low, to give him a look there. With his size and positional smarts, he would bring a lot to the table as a 4C. True, he's not fast enough to be leading the forecheck from that position like Sutter, but that's not what centres are normally expected to do. Prust-Gaunce-Dorsett would be an intimidating 4th line with enough offensive potential to keep the opposition honest. Unfortunately, they won't be doing this when Gaunce hasn't played C as a pro.

Horvat with Hansen and Kenins was pretty great too.

100% agreed.

That line has everything.

You've got youth, responsibility and smarts with Horvat - speed to burn with Hansen - and a bowling ball in Kennins.

That was a fun line to watch. Every time they were out there i was like... "Go!">

This just came out:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/09/canucks-under-the-microscope-linden-vey/

I want the kid to succeed but gaining some weight doesn't always make you play like a bigger man which is what he needs to do. I don't mean banging guys necessarily but winning battles and not being afraid to assert your will on someone - and he seemed timid.

That's not going to fly here "moving forward"

If he poops the bed again this year we have Gaunce who at 21 and 6'2" 205lbs is younger bigger and better IMO

Imo our lineup is pretty much set, it will be next year and the year after that we have some competition in the lineup. The couple spots that we have available are the 4th line center and a 2nd/3rd line winger which I believe will be Baert and Vey's spots we did not trade 2nd rounders for them just to lose them on waivers.

Sedins-Sedin-Burrows

Baert-Sutter-Vrbata

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett-Vey-Prust

Or

Dorsett-Prust-Kennins

Imo our lineup is pretty much set, it will be next year and the year after that we have some competition in the lineup. The couple spots that we have available are the 4th line center and a 2nd/3rd line winger which I believe will be Baert and Vey's spots we did not trade 2nd rounders for them just to lose them on waivers.

Sedins-Sedin-Burrows

Baert-Sutter-Vrbata

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett-Vey-Prust

Or

Dorsett-Prust-Kennins

Yep, you more or less nailed it with your post.This is the body of work by new management regime ,they seem inept when it comes to second round picks with these two.I happen to like Baerschi upside potential sniper an creativity on wheels the other guy the jury is still out as he seems to be project of the coach,hopefully Willy[real good reall good] can transform him,I happen to think we have overlooked depth in system to indulge this play sadly your comment cemmented what we all know deep down how it will roll.

Yep, you more or less nailed it with your post.This is the body of work by new management regime ,they seem inept when it comes to second round picks with these two.I happen to like Baerschi upside potential sniper an creativity on wheels the other guy the jury is still out as he seems to be project of the coach,hopefully Willy[real good reall good] can transform him,I happen to think we have overlooked depth in system to indulge this play sadly your comment cemmented what we all know deep down how it will roll.

Honestly the only reason why we were trading 2nd rounders with this new management team is cause we haven't had a single player play a significant amount of games for us at the NHL level since Raymond drafted in 2005. From 2005-2010 we have 1 prospect that is still with the team in some fashion (Friesen). Of our own drafted players drafted between 2005-2012(still with the team) I think we have 5 players that might be NHL players (those all coming from the 2011-2012 drafts). So due to the lack of draft success (leaving us with no players 22-26 years old) I can understand them taking gambles on guys who have shown some promise at the pro level with essentially gambling chips.

Archived