The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4th line Centre

Blockpiler

Vey gets drafted in the 4th round, Benning gives up a 2nd rounder for him and he isn't much more than a 3rd line centre at best. I'm pretty sure Benning could of gotten a 3rd line centre with the 2nd rounder he gave up for Vey.

Your lucky to get an NHL player of any kind out of a second round pick. To say the standard of success for a second round draft pick is better than a third line centre is setting the bar higher than any club ever has been able to achieve on a consistent basis.

I am not a big Vey fan and what I don't like about him is he, like Bonino, doesn't fit what Benning wants in a team. At the time there really were no prospect forwards pushing for a spot and Vey was one of the top forwards in the AHL. Canucks needed a young forward prospect and Vey looked like a good gamble. Certainly much better chance that he is a consistent NHL player than a second round pick. Ultimately though he will be an important asset, expansion draft fodder. You usually need to expose players with a minimum number of NHL games experience and he is the perfect type of guy to go to expansion team.

Op- if it isn't Vey it would appear it'll be Cracknell.

Hamhuis + Vey WPG

Buff to Van

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Baerschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Sutter-Grenier

Prust-Gaunce-Dorsett

Kenins,Shinkaruk

Edler-Bfuglien

Bartkowski-Tanev

Sbisa-Corrado

Weber,

You're trippin' bud! That trade wouldn't happen, I love Hammer but...Winnipeg might burn, even though it's -40... I guess we can dream.

Just wondering where you hid Hansen and Higgins? Did you trade them for Edmonton's next 17 first round picks? (Sarcasm)

Virtanen on the first eh.. Little soon, no? He'll be back to Junior, but I did assumed the same of Bo.

Gaunce got switched to wing for a reason.

Dorsett is better than Grenier.

Shink is still a call up.

But you're right, Kenins will be our 13th forward.

Considering Higgins is out for a couple of months-

Dan-Hank-Burr

Baer-Sutter-Vrb

Kennins-Horvat-Dorsett

Prust-Vey-Hansen

(Edit)-Virtanen and McCann.. I think they want to give them as much of a pro experience as they McCann, who McCann eardn the spot?

Edler-Tanev

Hammer-Corrado

Bart-Pizza

My best guess for opening night, unless some rooks blow the roof off in preseason.

Considering Higgins is out for a couple of months-

Dan-Hank-Burr

Baer-Sutter-Vrb

Kennins-Horvat-Dorsett

Prust-Vey-Hansen

Cracknell

Edler-Tanev

Hammer-Corrado

Bart-Pizza

My best guess for opening night, unless some rooks blow the roof off in preseason.

Would rather.

Sedins- Vrbata

Berch-Sutter-Burrows

Hansen-Horvat-Virtanen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett As much as I don't want to see Vey there

Defence stays the same.

But I thought they were saying Higgins was only going to be out for 3 weeks.

Why is this even a debate?

WD called out McCann as being one of their best forwards- what has anyone said about vey? Jones? Friesen? A whole lot if nothing- that's what. McCann has being arguable better than virtanen so...

Prust McCann Dorsette

Is a great 4th line

You can't put McCann on that 4th line. He hasn't matured physically enough yet, It will be too hard for him there.

Would rather.

Sedins- Vrbata

Berch-Sutter-Burrows

Hansen-Horvat-Virtanen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett As much as I don't want to see Vey there

Defence stays the same.

But I thought they were saying Higgins was only going to be out for 3 weeks.

Dude, Hansen doesn't play his off wing.

Pretty sure they we're going to reassess higgins in 3 weeks.

Why is this even a debate?

WD called out McCann as being one of their best forwards- what has anyone said about vey? Jones? Friesen? A whole lot if nothing- that's what. McCann has being arguable better than virtanen so...

Prust McCann Dorsette

Is a great 4th line

Ya one or two pre season games and a couple of prospect games tells a person all they need to know about a player.

Vey has looked better then last year through 2 meaningless games.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm pretty sure this is the thread where a bunch of you trash talked me about saying Kenins wasn't a good fit for the Horvat line.

Even more lost their cheese when I said he wouldent have made my roster.

I've never been one to say 'I told you so' but considering all the hockey experts who called me crazy, I feel this is somewhat fitting.

Where is Kenins now guys?

So, I'm pretty sure this is the thread where a bunch of you trash talked me about saying Kenins wasn't a good fit for the Horvat line.

Even more lost their cheese when I said he wouldent have made my roster.

I've never been one to say 'I told you so' but considering all the hockey experts who called me crazy, I feel this is somewhat fitting.

Where is Kenins now guys?

Just because you were right on this point doesn't preclude you from still being crazy:) I guess we're all a bit touched, because sooner or later each of us has an opinion (as insane as it may be at the time) that eventually rains some truth. Congratulations!

Just because you were right on this point doesn't preclude you from still being crazy:) I guess we're all a bit touched, because sooner or later each of us has an opinion (as insane as it may be at the time) that eventually rains some truth. Congratulations!

That is a pretty decent response.

Hahaha. Thanks!

Archived