The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus

TheRussianRocket.

The real reason people buy apple products is for the status symbol. Oh you have an imac,a MacBook and an iPhone 6s, you must be a doctor or something. Not a broke hipster wanna be.

Not the case for majority of people I know. Like me, they just prefer it plain and simple due to simplicity and stuff talked about already. Pricy af yes but it is what it is.

as usual, a friendly conversation gets tuned around very quickly by people who don't even use their products,(same goes for other Apple only related articles reviews , etc etc, you have the fictional iPhone users coming in and insulting everyone in site, attackimg theirs customers, complaining about pricing and stuffing that are not even true, grow a pair balls for crying out loud, people using iPhones have nothing to do with you idiots.

Keep,up,the good work,you android using trolls.

As for this product, I will stick with the iPhone 6 right now. The difference is not great enough to change from the iPhone 6. That said anyone who also claims their are no difference is truly a liar. Besides looking the same, interior is a different animal, looks like a great product, I work for one of the big 3, And we already sold more iPhone 6s then all then the note 5 to this date.

iPhone 6 can give me another good 2'years. Something android phones are unable to do. Yea you can change the way your home screen looks woooopeee &^@#ing do. What good is an android phone when its latest updates makes things worse?

Will never get android, bare in mind, I'm not a fanboy, I don't have any macs, or Apple watches.

as usual, a friendly conversation gets tuned around very quickly by people who don't even use their products,(same goes for other Apple only related articles reviews , etc etc, you have the fictional iPhone users coming in and insulting everyone in site, attackimg theirs customers, complaining about pricing and stuffing that are not even true, grow a pair balls for crying out loud, people using iPhones have nothing to do with you idiots.

As for this product, I will stick with the iPhone 6 right now. The difference is not great enough to change from the iPhone 6. That said anyone who also claims their are no difference is truly a liar. Besides looking the same, interior is a different animal, looks like a great product, I work for one of the big 3, And we already sold more iPhone 6s then all then the note 5 to this date.

iPhone 6 can give me another good 2'years. Something android phones are unable to do. Yea you can change the way your home screen looks woooopeee ???? do. What good is an android phone when its latest updates makes things worse?

Will never get android, bare in mind, I'm not a fanboy, I don't have any macs, or Apple watches.

If your 6 can only give you 3 years, you have a serious problem. I know people still using iPhone 4 and they don't have a problem yet. I still use a 4 year old phone and won't be changing any time soon.

It just surprises me how so many people spend 1000+ on a phone to last a couple of years. And that's just the price of the phone, didn't even include the contract price

If your 6 can only give you 3 years, you have a serious problem. I know people still using iPhone 4 and they don't have a problem yet. I still use a 4 year old phone and won't be changing any time soon.

It just surprises me how so many people spend 1000+ on a phone to last a couple of years. And that's just the price of the phone, didn't even include the contract price

How many times have you had to get the battery replaced?

iPhone 6 can give me another good 2'years. Something android phones are unable to do. Yea you can change the way your home screen looks woooopeee ???? do. What good is an android phone when its latest updates makes things worse?

I'm not sure why you need to own an Apple product to state that this newest phone is horribly overpriced. There are plenty of objective consumer review sites stating that the phone looks like nothing special when compared to its Android counterparts.

I would quite like to consider having an IPhone. However, until the market lets Apple know that they hideously overcharging, I won't. The issue is that people continue to overpay for IPhones regardless of what they offer. Previously, at least Apple was providing an innovation with each new model. This time they've jacked up the price without providing anything even remotely new.

Also the Mantra of the Apple fans has changed from wanting the most innovative phone to wanting just a basic phone. They act as though things like a replaceable battery or a Micro SD slot are complications only a computer whiz would consider useful.

Haven't replaced it once. Will get around 30-35 hours if i don't really use it, and 18-20 hours if im on it all day

That makes no sense. Zero battery degeneration in 4 years, and regular use + countless charges?

Not very believable.

Every single phone I've had (iPhones, Notes, etc.) has lost well over 50% of it's ability to hold a charge within a year. In fact, they deliberately make them this way.

I'm not sure why you need to own an Apple product to state that this newest phone is horribly overpriced. There are plenty of objective consumer review sites stating that the phone looks like nothing special when compared to its Android counterparts.

I would quite like to consider having an IPhone. However, until the market lets Apple know that they hideously overcharging, I won't. The issue is that people continue to overpay for IPhones regardless of what they offer. Previously, at least Apple was providing an innovation with each new model. This time they've jacked up the price without providing anything even remotely new.

Also the Mantra of the Apple fans has changed from wanting the most innovative phone to wanting just a basic phone. They act as though things like a replaceable battery or a Micro SD slot are complications only a computer whiz would consider useful.

once again, as mentioned in my 1st post, leave it to the andriod clowns to come in and attack.

If its nothing special then so be it! I don't think there is anything special about android anyways with exception of changing your stupid home screen, battery issues, update issues, mal ware, viruses, fake aps money scamming apps, more updates that make your phone worst, very limited warranty support? If you really want a phone that has a replaceable battery and slot, get an android. I'm not arguing against that. Phone is a phone, I'm not a nerd, that is using my phone like fridging pc.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/07/27/android-text-attacks/

most apple users don't give 2 sh!ts about android, meanwhile android users are up in arms, crying that apple is about to set another record for sales, blah blah, going around the internet attacking apple users, yea, keep it up bros.

go ahead and start a note 4 edge + plus thread.

oh no, my 6 will give me more then 3 years. I was just saying, i plan to use it for the long haul because iphones are actually capable of going 3 years plus. My own standard is change after 3 years of use, then I will sell my very good reliable iphone6 to the open market. something I will not be capable of doing on a "any" android device cause we all know, you "might" get a good 1 year out of an android device, cmon guys, don't f in fool yourselfs.

I personally had a 4s, works great still,apple came up with a update last november to fix the lag issues for the 4s on ios8, and I gave it to my mom. still works.

I also android users understand why apple users are willing to pay for their phones. this is no joke, it will last you years, compared to android phones. customer service, updates to fix issues, no mal ware, simplicity.

I have too many stories of other apple users....

They break their phone, self induced. they have the apple care, they go to apple, replaced it for them, absolutely free.

Keep in mind... apple is NOT MAKING ANYONE CHANGE TO APPLE. THEY ARE NOT FORCING YOU TO DO A DAMN THING. Your making yourself look like a retard by complaining about apple.

Haven't replaced it once. Will get around 30-35 hours if i don't really use it, and 18-20 hours if im on it all day

I can go 3 days on my iphone 6, 4 on extreme light usage. most of the time is 3. charge every skip a day. He's not lying.

the only people complaining about apple's battery issue are iphone users that have a 5 year old phone or fictional iphone users that pose to attack and try to degrade apple as much as they can to promote how great android phones are.

once again, leave it to the android users to derail any apple related comment.

That makes no sense. Zero battery degeneration in 4 years, and regular use + countless charges?

Not very believable.

Every single phone I've had (iPhones, Notes, etc.) has lost well over 50% of it's ability to hold a charge within a year. In fact, they deliberately make them this way.

It used to be way better, would last a few days when I first got it. Still can't complain it lasts as long as it does. I'll probably replace the phone in a year or two. See if there's anything I want than

once again, as mentioned in my 1st post, leave it to the andriod clowns to come in and attack.

If its nothing special then so be it! I don't think there is anything special about android anyways with exception of changing your stupid home screen, battery issues, update issues, mal ware, viruses, fake aps money scamming apps, more updates that make your phone worst, very limited warranty support? If you really want a phone that has a replaceable battery and slot, get an android. I'm not arguing against that. Phone is a phone, I'm not a nerd, that is using my phone like fridging pc.

most apple users don't give 2 sh!ts about android, meanwhile android users are up in arms, crying that apple is about to set another record for sales, blah blah, going around the internet attacking apple users, yea, keep it up bros.

oh no, my 6 will give me more then 3 years. I was just saying, i plan to use it for the long haul because iphones are actually capable of going 3 years plus. My own standard is change after 3 years of use, then I will sell my very good reliable iphone6 to the open market. something I will not be capable of doing on a "any" android device cause we all know, you "might" get a good 1 year out of an android device, cmon guys, don't f in fool yourselfs.

I personally had a 4s, works great still,apple came up with a update last november to fix the lag issues for the 4s on ios8, and I gave it to my mom. still works.

I also android users understand why apple users are willing to pay for their phones. this is no joke, it will last you years, compared to android phones. customer service, updates to fix issues, no mal ware, simplicity.

They break their phone, self induced. they have the apple care, they go to apple, replaced it for them, absolutely free.

Keep in mind... apple is NOT MAKING ANYONE CHANGE TO APPLE. THEY ARE NOT FORCING YOU TO DO A DAMN THING. Your making yourself look like a retard by complaining about apple.

I can go 3 days on my iphone 6, 4 on extreme light usage. most of the time is 3. charge every skip a day. He's not lying.

the only people complaining about apple's battery issue are iphone users that have a 5 year old phone or fictional iphone users that pose to attack and try to degrade apple as much as they can to promote how great android phones are.

Applecare costs money, it's not free.

I also fail to see what things like batteries has to do with the software/firmware. One requires Applecare just to maintain warranty in not replacing a battery themselves? From a consumer perspective, that's a pretty crappy deal. Batteries on every other device are as easy to replace, as mentioned earlier, as a light bulb.

Also, as a prior iPhone owner, the iPhone battery, after less use than my Note 3, required battery replacement in 9 months, which is, as mentioned, part of their systematic obsolescence that surrounds the electronics industry in general. I guess I'm okay with that, but at least give people an option to replace their own batteries with ease or to add custom batteries (i.e. Zerolemon or Anker extended batteries). It's a terrible money grab over a matter that's ridiculously simple, just deliberately engineered by Apple's engineers to siphon that much more money out of an already expensive product.

The nerve of people comparing a product to its competitors when it comes out....

Also, give it a rest with your stats on battery life, malware, etc...we can all look these stats up online. There's nothing magical about an IPhone battery. It's the same technology in other phones. You just can't replace it when it fails.

No idea why people hate on Apple so much it always seems like android fan boys are crying that the iPhone is so expensive or that it's not innovative.. Well then don't buy it it's not like the Samsung Galaxy is cheap. People will buy what they like why do you guys feel the need to tell people on what they should buy?

I find it very ironic that for someone claiming to be against clowns coming in to attack Apple, you attack android with the most stereotypical complaints ever uttered. Just because Apples products are said to not get viruses (which isn't true BTW, they can), it doesn't mean Android devices are getting malware and viruses left and right. That comes down to the user not being stupid and thinking about what they're downloading, regardless of OS. Customization is more than changing your home screen and, contrary to what you believe despite several apples users backing this up, apple products can still get battery issues.

Get off your high horse. I've had my android for 3 1/2 years now and it's still doing what I need it to do. Not, I'm not going to be delusional like you. The battery isn't what it used to be but the phone didn't suddenly become crap after 1 year just because there isn't an 'i' in front of its name as it seems like you expect all androids to do.

Singing the same tune here. Just admit it. You're no better than most android users who bash apple. Android users complain about the price (which is very high, fact) of apple products. Apple users preach about the customer service (which you pay for), the lack of viruses (you can still get them), and simplicity.

It's the same $&!# from two different sides of the argument.

and you're doing what you yourself right now, hmm?

Because you know the status of every iphone ever, right? Maybe, you're battery is still fantastic. Great, you're a lucky one (not even mentioning that your phone is only a year old, and you're psychic enough to predict it's battery life in another 2 years). Why can't you accept other people may have battery issues? Take off your apple coloured glasses.

No idea why people hate on Apple so much it always seems like android fan boys are crying that the iPhone is so expensive or that it's not innovative.. Well then don't buy it it's not like the Samsung Galaxy is cheap. People will buy what they like why do you guys feel the need to tell people on what they should buy?

There are Android phones that are not the Galaxy you know? No wait, you probably don't. Look up the Moto line of phones. They'll give you what most consumers will use, because let's be honest, people do not consistently use most of the features they're paying for in the top tier of smartphones (be it Apples or Android), for $300 or less, off contract.

I like apple a lot and I have been exclusively an iphone user since it came to Canada. But these price increases are just getting out of hand.

16GB Iphone 6S (2 year contract): $398.99

32GB Samsung Galaxy 6 (2 year contract): $149.99

I'm really considering switching. The only thing I am worried about are apps crashing. Now I am not a big app guy, I only use a few many stream apps such as: Audible, Stitcher (or any podcast app), Facebook, Twitter, NHL, and of course CDC. Can any android user (or if possible a galaxy 6 user) give me an insight into the frequency of apps like those crashing?

^if you're looking at getting the 16GB 6s, don't even bother. Will be enough space to turn on your phone and that's about it.

...and I think you have the price wrong. I'm pretty sure its $400 + 2 year plan for 128GB 6s

I know I have a 16GB iphone 5S and I have zero space.

I got the prices here:http://www.imore.com/how-buy-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-canada#slide3

Perhaps it isn't accurate, but if it is the 64GB version would be $528.99 on a 2 year contract.

Archived