The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks prospects drub the Jets prospect machine

SaintPatrick33

The results of these games are predominately achieved by the strength (or lack thereof) each teams respective goaltender. I don't think we can generalize any results into team's A prospects are better than team B's prospects.

Yup. Besides which, teams have solid prospects that have played 100 pro games already, as well as college and Euro players that aren't here. Plus injured guys. Plus, this is an artificial situation. Prospects will eventually play with vets on teams that actually practice.

Still, pretty satisfying to see how Subban and Hutton can play.

5 pages on the "Canucks got drubbed" thread and three replys in the "Canucks prospects drub thread". Does anyone else see a problem here? Lol

Love u guys

People do love to come here to mope and whine, but in this case, the thread was posted at 4:30 am... there's plenty of time for folks to come in and point out that the Oiler game was definitive while this game meant nothing...

These games though are a bunch of youngsters just thrown together for the most part. 'Team' results should be taken with a grain of salt, but getting excited about prospects is always understandable.

From what I've seen there's 4 players who I'd like to see make the jump to the big club.

Gaunce

Subban

Hutton

Virtanen.

It would mean 3-4 players would have to be traded. (Higgins, Vey, Sbisa, Weber?)

They would make their share of mistakes, but I think that all 4 would provide as good of production, and stability as our existing players. We'd also save a lot in cap space.

McCann? You might as well complete that line because they absolutely stole the show.

Led by young goalie Jackson Whistle (is that his real name?), the Canucks dominated a team who arguably has the deepest prospect pool in the NHL. With names like Ehlers and Petan, the canucks youngsters proved they can run and gun with the best of em, and in fact they dominated after a poor showing versus the oilers.

The passing and team game was much improved over game one, crisp passing and anticipation were paramount in helping dominate the shot clock and possession time. McCann showed he has an NHL level wrist shot, sending the water bottle flying and then hugging a referee. Virtanen also went beast mode physically and seems to be sending a message that he is ready physically to play with the big boys. He also had a few scoring chances where he took it hard to the net, and although he didnt score, showed he is the fearless, net driving physical player the Canucks have needed since Bert left.

On defence, sautner and brisebois played a much calmer game and were smooth with the puck. Subban also showed he has a knack for getting the puck on net from the point, to go along with his speed and stickhandling ability.

Perhaps the unsung hero was goalie Jackson Whistle, who made several key stops and made the big saves when he needed to.

Based on this game, it looks as though we have a great nucleus of young prospects who have the potential to make it to the big club and make a difference. Stanley Cup 2020! :towel:

I think you have over-egged the pudding there bud.

I no more saw us drub the Jets than the Oilers drubbed us in the previous game. Sure we had a big shot advantage but who's shots looked more dangerous? Shot count is very deceiving imo. We were worthy winners just as the Oilers were but "drubbing?" No.

From what I've seen there's 4 players who I'd like to see make the jump to the big club.

Gaunce

Subban

Hutton

Virtanen.

It would mean 3-4 players would have to be traded. (Higgins, Vey, Sbisa, Weber?)

They would make their share of mistakes, but I think that all 4 would provide as good of production, and stability as our existing players. We'd also save a lot in cap space.

Both those defensemen are not ready for NHL duty. I'd say they both have another 2 years before then start making a push for a spot. I agree with Virt, and Gaunce can be a injury call up. I'd rather see him dominate on a first line for a year in the AHL then be a 4th line grinder.

LOL.... I kept waiting for someone to present a recap of this win, the 8-2 loss was literally posted right after the game....seriously too many negative nancies waiting to pounce on any bad canucks news :bigblush:

Love it - way to call out the fanbase. It's sad that this thread saw so little action compared to the 20,000 views and hundreds of replies after they lost to EDM. lol

Love it - way to call out the fanbase. It's sad that this thread saw so little action compared to the 20,000 views and hundreds of replies after they lost to EDM. lol

Oiler trolls and Virt haters came out to play. Christ, to hear some tell it, Virtanen hasn't passed Gordie Howe on the all time scoring list yet, so he must be crap. Wasted pick, fire Benning fire Trev... Sheesh!

Archived