The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12 Mexican Tourists and Egyptians Killed After Security Forces Misidentify Them As Terrorists

TOMapleLaughs

I guess no one bothered to read a few sentences in:

And I guess you didn't bother reading a few sentences from the end. It's very much in dispute whether they were in a restricted area or not. And certainly attacking without provocation based only on suspicions can lead to unfortunate accidents, as this one did, so perhaps "shoot first, ask questions later" was the wrong approach.

Sucks to be on the receiving end of 'deliberately' misunderstood' or picking at semantics, doesn't it? But at least it kept you busy googling like a whirling dervish for 23 minutes or so :)

Actually, I took 3 calls, transferred 2 to an outside sales person, and scheduled a meeting with another. Then I went to take a piss and came back to read your post and immediately go to the two embassy sites, because where else would you look for travel warnings? While you're good at being banned, and playing the "sensitive"/"feelings" card, you're not good at trolling, so no need to pat yourself on the back there bro.

And I guess you didn't bother reading a few sentences from the end. It's very much in dispute whether they were in a restricted area or not. And certainly attacking without provocation based only on suspicions can lead to unfortunate accidents, as this one did, so perhaps "shoot first, ask questions later" was the wrong approach.

They presume anyone dumb enough to be in the Sinai or Oasis is likely a terrorist, especially when chasing them in that area.

No idea what there is to read that disputes it, it's up and down that article and travel advisories from a number of countries to avoid these areas because of terrorism and military conflicts (hence them being restricted and requiring permits) that people shouldn't be there.

So, it's their fault for not doing their due diligence as a visitor. Can't feel bad for people being stupid. The information is plastered all over the place, and I bet they even get advisories by the airport/their aircraft regarding this too. There's no excuse.

Archived