The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toronto drops Canada's 2024 Olympics bid

Mr. Ambien

"A municipal study previously estimated bidding alone would have cost between $50 million and $60 million,"

Does that include the huge cash payouts to various IOC officials? FIFA are like children compared to these shysters.

EDIT: Ive been to Budapest. Beautiful city and all but its the people that make it such a great visit. Very nice people. Would make a great host city. I have no idea how much the Hungarian handling of the refugee crisis should or shouldnt affect their bid.

"A municipal study previously estimated bidding alone would have cost between $50 million and $60 million,"

Does that include the huge cash payouts to various IOC officials? FIFA are like children compared to these shysters.

EDIT: Ive been to Budapest. Beautiful city and all but its the people that make it such a great visit. Very nice people. Would make a great host city. I have no idea how much the Hungarian handling of the refugee crisis should or shouldnt affect their bid.

But politics..

Despite all the political handwringing, flailing, and crying by the left about Russia and Sochi, the Olympics went off just fine. So.. likewise, no one is going to listen to their political whinging about Hungary. If Hungary loses, it's likely about funds and the mega status of LA and Paris.

I really don't understand some people in Western Canada's hate towards the City of Toronto. I find it childish. If Toronto wasn't a good place to live in then it wouldn't have the largest population in Canada. We have Canada's baseball team here and I go to their home games 3-4 times a month. It also doesn't rain nearly as much and its sunny and warm out with clear skies almost every day in the summer. Our NHL team may be crap, but we also have NBA and MLB franchises here. Montreal and Ottawa are a 4 1/2 hour drive away and we go to a Canadiens playoff game every year they make it. Not to mention Canada's biggest amusement park is 30 minutes away from Toronto, a place I buy a seasons pass to every year. So to those who feel bad just LOL

It's not about the things that are in Toronto. It has the nickname "Centre of the Universe" for a reason.

Archived