The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apple Inc. Unveils Plan to Lease New Unlocked iPhones w/ No Initial Payment - Telus, Rogers, Bell Canada Say No Thanks.

TOMapleLaughs

What do you mean to what degree? I really didn't like Canada's cell phone companies/plans when I was there. I don't know what kind of plans they have now.

I'm with T-Mobile. This is my plan:

$75 USD for (copy-pasted from my Tmobile account):

Simple Choice North America Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text$50.00/mo
This plan includes:
Unlimited talk, text and data while on our network with no overages or annual service contracts.
NOW! Includes unlimited calling to any number in Mexico and Canada from the U.S. PLUS get 4G LTE data and unlimited calling and texting when you’re in Mexico and Canada, just like in the U.S., at no extra charge.
Starting with up to 1GB 4G LTE data per month. Your choice of additional 4G LTE data.
Unlimited data and texting when you travel to any of 120+ countries and destinations so you can stay connected when you’re abroad.
Music Freedom™ with unlimited music streaming on our network from top services such as Pandora and iHeart Radio without using your data.
Coverage not available in some areas.
5 GB High-Speed Data with Data Stash
$20.00
Up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data. Speeds reduced after 5 GB. No overage fees. Recommended for heavier music/video streaming or moderate downloading of large files or apps. Includes Data Stash, which rolls your unused 4G LTE data into the next month. (Data begins carrying over after limited-time free 10GB runs out.)

All i meant was that Im not surprised that the big 3 turned this down because Canadian Cellular companies are the most money hungry Cellular companies in the world. US companies probably have no issues with Apple doing this.

EDIT: To answer your question about plans, the monthly rate the big 3 charge for data on monthly plans is insane. Not to mention we'd still be on 3 year contracts with a more expensive penalty for leaving a contract early if it weren't for the government.

All i meant was that Im not surprised that the big 3 turned this down because Canadian Cellular companies are the most money hungry Cellular companies in the world. US companies probably have no issues with Apple doing this.

That's a pretty big claim.

Oh, I also already knew that you'd complain about my opinion?

Meanwhile, check out the sweet deals that their CEO's are getting:

Among the Top 100 paid CEO's in Canada:

Nadir Mohamed CEO Rogers Communications Inc.

$1,130,769 Base Salary

$25,639,204 Other Compensation includes bonuses, shares, options, pension and any other payments.

$26,769,973 Total (2nd highest in country - Onex CEO Gerald W. Schwartz made a whopping $88mil)

Darren Entwistle CEO TELUS Corporation

$1,375,000 Base

$8,752,702 Other

$10,127,702 Total

George A. Cope CEO BCE Inc.

$1,400,000 Base

$9,563,448 Other

$10,963,448 Total

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/lists-and-rankings/richest-people/top-100-highest-paid-ceos-2015/

Those nice tax havens will come in handy for these people. Considering it's their job to use them in order to boost profits.

I mean no wonder the saying is that people should, y'know, just start a fortune 500 company. These compensations are freakin' sweet!

The top earner on this list made $88mil this year. The top earner made $49mil last year. That's like 80% growth for the top dawg! Canada ROCKS! So just go and start a fortune 500 company, ya lazy bums! lol! I'll get my Filipino telemarketing buddy Manuel to give you a wake up call.

No seriously, does anyone have any ideas for a fortune 500 company?

Who cares how much CEOs earn, as long as the taxpayers don't pay for it.

It is the public sector workers like the manager of the Vancouver City Manager who is getting more than $500,000 severance that ticks me off.

Archived