The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't think many had Hutton on the roster and likely behind Weber, Pedan, Fedun, Biega etc as a replacement/call up.

We really don't lack for 6-10 depth. Which is where those ^^ guys will be called up to. What we do lack is future (and to some degree current) top 4 and especially top 2 depth.

Even still, we'll VERY likely be moving vets this season which likely can/will nab us someone equal to (or better) than Corrado. We can also pick up other waived D later this season or next. It's really not THAT dire IMO.

Sucks to lose Corrado. Especially for nothing, but just a case of being outplayed at the wrong time. Good luck to him in Toronto, playing for his hometown team.

On another note, I'm very excited to see Hutton on the team, he really blew me away in preseason. I thought he was going to dip towards the end of preseason, but he just got better every game.

Yeah tired of listening to the team 1040 about losing Corrado

He played terribly this preseason, he would have occupied a spot in the press box that in turn will be used to keep some of these young guys in the NHL for extended look/ practice time

I expected to hear more excitement regarding McCann and Hutton

I'm pumped for McCann in the line up !

Finally a center with a shot

Not knocking bo, the kid impresses me every game but McCann has a rifle

Although it would be a media disaster for Canucks management if Corrado stepped it up and eventually became a top 4 D in Toronto...this kind of bold decision making, quick bold decision making, is what was sorely lacking in previous management. Along with dumping Kassian and trading a popular Bieksa.

Although it would be a media disaster for Canucks management if Corrado stepped it up and eventually became a top 4 D in Toronto...this kind of bold decision making, quick bold decision making, is what was sorely lacking in previous management. Along with dumping Kassian and trading a popular Bieksa.

agreed, rather see a proactive management team that makes mistakes than one that doesn't, but falls into stagnation.

If you watch McCann's Monday interview, at the start you can see him pull a puck through his legs around a defenseman and put it top shelf on the backhand over markstrom (I think it was him). Got some cheers and high fives from everyone haha the kid is an unreal hockey player.

Until we start drafting legit top 4 D-men we're going to continue to have that problem.

We need to stop trading our second and third rounders, and start drafting Dmen. With a great farm system in Utica, we can develop players.

Hopefully this management team sees this now.

We need to stop trading our second and third rounders, and start drafting Dmen. With a great farm system in Utica, we can develop players.

Benning took over an old leaky rusting ship. He had to get holes plugged in order to get the ship into drydock where the repairs and rebuilding from the ground up can begin.

We've now reached that point, as much of the rust is gone and new sheetmetal being welded in. I doubt we see any more picks of significance moved, unless in more major deals.

I am sure they are happy to know that they have pompous jerks as fans like you that have their back.

Archived