The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Impark is literally ridiculous

yawn.3x

Rant thread. Sorry. Need to blow steam

Got to Uni at 9:20am, paid for parking at 9:40 for 8 hours (the max u can pay at their machine thing) was in class between the time it ran out which was 540. got out of class at 6:30, put another $1 in for pay for parking for 2 more hours at about 6:30 to finish off my night. come back to my car around 845ish.

Guess what's waiting for me? Lovely parking ticket. given to me at 18:20 (6:20).

Legit. I was pretty upset. You can laugh all you want. I paid for parking ALL DAY. There was a small window where I was in class and unable to get to a machine. Somebody was literally waiting beside my car "OHH BOY IMMA GET THIS ONE!!! 5 MORE MINUTES LEFT BOYZ"

But Hey I calmed down, "I'll just call Impark and explain the situation to them and they'll understand. No worries!"

So I call Impark, and explain the situation how there was a small window. she says can only lower the ticket to $15. I ask for a supervisor naturally. Still kind of ridiculous.

Supervisor tells me the same thing "Sorry sir you have to find a way to pay for your parking before the time expires."

"So you want me to leave my $500 class to go put $2 into a machine? I can understand if there was literally 0 parking stalls but when the lot is completely empty? are you legit?"

"Use the phone app to pay"
"Sure let me pull my phone out in the middle of a lab, or middle of my final exam. I'm sure the prof would love that"

Seriously, this is totally ridiculous. Impark is legit such garbage. As if school isn't already expensive enough as it is. Let's throw some tickets ontop of it.

Ok Rant is done. I don't mind paying legit parking tickets if I never paid at all. Or if my time DID expire, and I didn't go back to pay at all. But when theres a small window between the time it expires and the time i repurchase the ticket, that's total garbage. Obviously something delayed me from paying. Total garbage.

sounds like you got outplayed

i think i got Rekt more then outplayed :P

Least I got it reduced to $15 instead of $25, but still kinda upsetting. Even asked how he would feel if the same thing happened to him, how would he feel? and he did stutter a bit so I think he at least knew that it was wrong, but he probably has a protocol he has to follow.

A criminal entity in my books. Just like parking at a hospital anywhere in Canada. You need a brief case of cash just to park for a few hours.

Like I said I don't care if I have to pay parking. It's $4 in change w/e that doesn't bug me. It sucks but whatever. Everyone does so I'll suck it up.

Im upset that I was in the middle of class, and unable to pay for it and the guy told me to basically leave my class, or take my phone out and get kicked out of class to pay for it. What do I even do in that scenario. It's a lose/lose but I'm still left with a ticket. Win for them, Lose/Lose/Lose for me?

Like I said I don't care if I have to pay parking. It's $4 in change w/e that doesn't bug me. It sucks but whatever. Everyone does so I'll suck it up.

Im upset that I was in the middle of class, and unable to pay for it and the guy told me to basically leave my class, or take my phone out and get kicked out of class to pay for it. What do I even do in that scenario. It's a lose/lose but I'm still left with a ticket. Win for them, Lose/Lose/Lose for me?

Sometimes I feel the entire economic system is designed to beat us down minute by minute, cent by cent until we are in the ground.

They didn't wait around for your parking to expire just to give you a ticket, otherwise you would have had a ticket at 5:45 or something. Instead, you were parked without having paid for 40 minutes before they actually wrote you up.

You can pay at the meter and through the app (and even if your class was two hours long you could have paid before going into class, early is better than getting a ticket) so they've given you options. If you asked nicely they might even be able to help with scheduling your parking to renew if you know you're in class at the time.

They reduced your ticket, which is fair. They don't have to waive it when you knew your parking had expired.

I'm not saying Impark is great, but I don't see how this is their fault and they're 'literally ridiculous' in any way.

They waived a ticket for me when I wasn't aware of a 'no in/out' policy where if you go out and then park in a different spot when you get back it doesn't count under the same pay (since it uses the stall number no matter how much time you put in). They have some policies not many of us like, but still they aren't completely unreasonable.

I've gotten:

2: Impark tickets

4: DPS tickets

Five years after my last ticket I still haven't even gotten as much as a letter or phone call from either company and I haven't been fired from my law enforcement job.

PRO TIP:

When parking in a paid parking garage, always park on the top floor. Sure you gotta walk a bit more, but no tow-truck is gonna get past that low clearance! :ph34r:

(If your tickets are from the city, government, etc. PLEASE pay those!!)

You were parked there and your ticket was expired. What do you expect to happen? Nobody cares what your reasons were. You think they havent heard every sob story imaginable. They run the pay parking at hospital visitors parking, they have heard it all and they know everyone is judt trying to get out of paying their ticket anyways.

I had an impark ticket once quite a while ago. I didnt pay. They sent bills to my home (apparently Impark is allowed access to your name and address through ICBC?). I still didnt pay. After I changed my licence plates I started parking in Impark lots again and got another ticket. Same deal with the bills. Same deal with not paying so they didnt tow me so they prob didnt have a way to check at the time to match my plates to my name. They probably only have the plate number available on mobile so once the plates were changed I was fine.

I am aware that if they do tow you their impound lot is not secure or well lit or patrolled. Your car not only may get broken into but it is practically guaranteed and when you bitch to the person you just paid to get your car back you will only be yelling at a slack jawed person who does not give a single F.

This is what happens when you give a tiny bit of power to a human being that can't handle it, and really wants way more! I am not going to sit here and $&!# on them. They are a business, they have screwed me, and I dislike their service... Screw them, tell them you'll pay the 15, if they minus the 10$ you spent already off of that.

Rant thread. Sorry. Need to blow steam

Got to Uni at 9:20am, paid for parking at 9:40 for 8 hours (the max u can pay at their machine thing) was in class between the time it ran out which was 540. got out of class at 6:30, put another $1 in for pay for parking for 2 more hours at about 6:30 to finish off my night. come back to my car around 845ish.

Guess what's waiting for me? Lovely parking ticket. given to me at 18:20 (6:20).

Legit. I was pretty upset. You can laugh all you want. I paid for parking ALL DAY. There was a small window where I was in class and unable to get to a machine. Somebody was literally waiting beside my car "OHH BOY IMMA GET THIS ONE!!! 5 MORE MINUTES LEFT BOYZ"

But Hey I calmed down, "I'll just call Impark and explain the situation to them and they'll understand. No worries!"

So I call Impark, and explain the situation how there was a small window. she says can only lower the ticket to $15. I ask for a supervisor naturally. Still kind of ridiculous.

Supervisor tells me the same thing "Sorry sir you have to find a way to pay for your parking before the time expires."

"So you want me to leave my $500 class to go put $2 into a machine? I can understand if there was literally 0 parking stalls but when the lot is completely empty? are you legit?"

"Use the phone app to pay"

"Sure let me pull my phone out in the middle of a lab, or middle of my final exam. I'm sure the prof would love that"

Seriously, this is totally ridiculous. Impark is legit such garbage. As if school isn't already expensive enough as it is. Let's throw some tickets ontop of it.

Ok Rant is done. I don't mind paying legit parking tickets if I never paid at all. Or if my time DID expire, and I didn't go back to pay at all. But when theres a small window between the time it expires and the time i repurchase the ticket, that's total garbage. Obviously something delayed me from paying. Total garbage.

Sounds like my uni. Don't pay. F them. One time, the parking dick at my campus was waiting right on the dot to ticket a bunch of us in the same class. From the time it took us to walk from class to our cars the parking pass expired and he ticketed us literally a minute after expiration. If you think I'm paying that you got another thing coming :lol:. T'was cancelled. Now I park a bit further away from the school in an entirely different lot that Impark doesn't have control over and I don't pay them a dime of my money.

And why the hell do uni's employ Impark? They don't get a dime from those twits issuing tickets. In fact, it costs them to have them there.

Archived